onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burge suspended

ZodiacValiant

Advert

I agree, although I suspect we are talking from different perspectives.

I was as relieved as the rest when v2001 went,never defended them as admin was inevitable but how so called shrewd business men ever got mixed up with miller and deakin and the false grass brigade beggars belief as well as the tons of bullship that was churned out, still thats water under the bridge, whether we get promotion or not the club is in a much better position to move forward, thats just my view as a long term supporter.

Interesting fact of the day....

Rod Burge Director of Cheltenham Town is Ryan Burge's grandfather......just thought I would mention it :rolleyes:

do you not think that if his grandson showed any promise then grandad would have him in the squad:D

Speaking as someone who saw through the V2001 charade from very early on in their tenure and as someone that was vociferous for their removal.....

I find it astonishing that you can compare the two... ( V2001 / MA )

We are a team that started this season in Administration ( V2001 to blame )

A team which staff had to go without pay.

With a manager that has guided us to the near top of the division. He's not without his faults, he has many, but he is more than capable of getting us promoted from this league.. His track record shows this.

We are 8 games away from the finish.

Our owners have pledged their support of the team an management.

Just pull together and save your criticisms for a time that's more suited ( end of season ) when we know our fate.

You have become a very depressive, pessimistic and ultra critical bunch. Carry on at Vales peril.

Ego sic conveniunt - as Tom would say (sic)

Why are people moaning about Adams? Wildes asked Burge to apologise, Burge said no, so Wildes has suspended him. What's the problem?

Chill the **** out.

Some people are so anti Adams it's painful to read.

Actually, it's not painful, it's pathetic.

The question here is "What are Vale trying to do", the answer is get promoted preferably in an automatic play-off spot, hence the best players are needed on the pitch at this moment in time.

I'm afraid if I was Paul Wildes and I would have asked myself that question and I wouldn't have issued an ultimatum to Ryan Burge, instead I would have sat down with Burge and MA and come to a consensus/compromise to ensure everyone was in a win/win situtation and Burge played at York, especially with Morsy, Loft and Vincent out.

The several themes in this topic thread seem to point to Ryan having his eye on other football pastures than PVFC.

Whether or not this last week has been the culmination of other issues between Ryan and the 'Club may never be known. Or was it simply a case of Ryan digging in consequence of naïve youthfulness?

Whatever the circumstances, rightly or wrongly, it seems to me he has set himself against the 'Club which, in my opinion is not very smart. I know because I've been there, done that - a long time ago mind - and it cost me my job.

My own perspective is this:

If Burge failed to attend the obligatory pre-match meal, through no fault of his own, then he should not be punished.

If he failed to attend and the fault was his, then he could expect to be dropped.

The second explanation seems to be the case.

He has, by the way, issued no 'conciliatory gesture': just a self-justifying statement on twitter.

I was too quick to defend Burge on tuesday night without knowing the facts but surely the decision to suspend him just 24 hours after a public statement by Micky in the Sentinel that he'll be in the squad at York, is doing the Club no favours. This just makes us more of a laughing stock as a Club who doesn't know what its doing and is cracking under the pressure; a boost to those clubs chasing us down and surely part of Nigel Worthington's team talk at 2:45 tomorrow.

Micky stated this would be dealt with next week; has Paul Wildes overruled him?

perhaps the inclusion in the squad statement was used as an incentive to encourage Burge to appologise, he knew the rules. The club then offered him the chance to rectify his wrongdoing, but he couldn't manage that. I think Burge has done really well this season and it is a shame that this has happened, troublemakers and rule breakers are not good for the dressing room and for that reason i am with the club and not Burge. 3 points please Vale.

Archived