onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burge suspended

ZodiacValiant

Advert

MA on thursday ' we'll look at the penalty next week, it would be stupid to do something this week due to our players being out etc etc' not word for word but something like that. On friday ' 14 day ban!' What other club when we are in this position would do this?hhe should be fined, banned next week etc. Laughing stock we are. I hope we don't go one down early on or else it will kick off again.

I think that there is no doubt that Burge has been daft but perhaps we should consider the fact that there were words between him and MA when he was subbed at Oxford, then he was 'ill', then he was still ill last Saturday when he says he wasn't and now all this on the way to Bristol. Just wondering if there is far more to this episode than last Tuesday's goings on.

Burge clearly unhappy at the way he has been treated and perhaps there is some justification. To suspend someone for 2 weeks is ludicrous, fine him yes but suspend him? Am I right in thinking that he wouldn't have been suspended if he had apologised on Twitter? If so, the suspension is for not apologising rather than using Twitter in the first place! Very strange but just my opinion of course

Me thinks that if it had not been Burge - a fans favourite - involved but some other squad player, for example let's just say Calvin Andrew, then posters on here would, I sugges,t have been backing the club's action. You can't have one rule applied to one player and not to others, just because a) he a fans favourite and b) it b---- inconvenient at this point in time.

If, as someone suggested, Burge has ambitions elsewhere next season, in a higher league, then I cannot imagine that he has endeared himself to many managers out there

The ban is disproportionate and I feel a fine would have sufficed.

I can only find one other example of a footballer being suspended. This was Marvin Morgan at Aldershot when he tweeted he hoped the fans who booed him would die.

Daren Bent criticised his chairman and didn't get a fine.

Probably the closest to the Burge situation is Jose Enrique who tweeted his absence prior to a match (he was injured) he didn't get a fine.

The two above were possibly before club were as strong on tweeting. However, other more recent cases suggest a fine is a more appropriate measure to take e.g Danny Gabbidon at West Ham who told fans to F*** off following their response to a defeat at Villa. He was fined.

It is all bitterly disappointing after so much positive work had been done to bring unity into the Vale camp of management/team/fans.

Bear in mind that Ryan Burge came from the Glenn Hoddle Academy, which I believe was set up to give players who had lost their way in the game a second chance. He obviously has history with regards to a poor attitude.

Are you saying Williamson also has an attitude problem? Is at why Andrew starts ahead of him? If so, why does he keep signing players with these attitudes? Or is it because they got released by their clubs? Obviously?

Very disappointing episode,neither Burgey or Adams come out of it looking smart.I would have liked to have seen him in the team today but under the circumstances they are probably both better off being kept apart for fear of something more happening.BTW,3pts today please Micky.

Are you saying Williamson also has an attitude problem? Is at why Andrew starts ahead of him? If so, why does he keep signing players with these attitudes? Or is it because they got released by their clubs? Obviously?

I didn't mention Williamson but Burge obviously has. He has made more appearances for Vale than all of the other 8 or so clubs he has been at put together. Which suggests to me that Micky is a far better manager and motivator than people give him credit for. He got more performances out of Gary Roberts than any team at our level or above too. Burge is the problem here, Micky has given him chances because he is a good footballer but he has overstepped the mark now.

Bert

I too think it all stems back to Oxford (possibly before). I'm not convinced Burge would have played on Tuesday even if he'd been there on time.

It did seem a tad convenient for Micky to say that Ryan was in the squad on Tuesday.But I feel we should give Micky the benefit of doubt and take it that Ryan WAS to be in the squad.But that then begs the question why instead of telling Ryan not to bother turning up why did he not just tell him to make his way directly to the ground even though he was only 5 min away.

Why didn't the club in the light of our present situation just fine him a weeks wages but put him in the team?. Heaven knows we certainly need him.

PW must have taken into account that he might leave the club in the summer. Shouldn't we try to keep our young promising players ? By the way, how many in our starting line-up is 18-25 years ?How many promising players do we have ?

Bear in mind that Ryan Burge came from the Glenn Hoddle Academy, which I believe was set up to give players who had lost their way in the game a second chance. He obviously has history with regards to a poor attitude.

I wouldn't say that. He has played in Japan and Spain in order to develop his game. He could have stayed in England and tried to get a contract with Barnet or Luton, but instead he went abroad to develop his game.

I interviewed him a few months ago and I remember he said he went abroad to develop his game and skills. It was a completly different type of game in Spain, for instance.

How can anyone sit here a defend RB? He broke the rules, and if he "declined" to write an apology and declined to put right his wrongs ad he thinks he can do what he wants then he can get suspended for me.

Go into work tomorrow and slag your boss and employers off over twitter and see how long you keep your job....

I like burge think he a great player on his day, but rules are there, if he bends them then the rest are surely allowed to follow suit and where will that get us.

Verbal, written, then action, in any job, he did not slag off his employer, so much for PW & NS words falling on deaf ears, MA needs to be brought down a peg or two, ****ing idiot. :mad:

Archived