onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Myrie and Vincent

SuperValiant1876

That's one half of one game. He has an excellent return of goals and assists playing on the right. He has played on the right wing all of his career. That IS his natural position. To say a left footed player mut play left wing is back to the dark ages of football.

Anyway, he plays as more of an inside forward, not a winger.

I wonder whether you would take a pop and you never let me down. JMW is supposed to be a winger but when on the right side seldom gets his cross in end of. How many middle forwards do you want us to play?. Remember feed the Pope.....

Advert

I wonder whether you would take a pop and you never let me down. JMW is supposed to be a winger but when on the right side seldom gets his cross in end of. How many middle forwards do you want us to play?. Remember feed the Pope.....

How am I having a pop? I was just disagreeing with your opinion.

If I was having a go I'd call you a miserable moaning old codger and question how you can complain about ANYONE given where we are in the league. If probably say you're so used to moaning you just don't know when to approve ever, as I'm not having a go I won't say anything like that.

JMW has been fantastic for us, in his natural position.

I think both of our wingers are nearly very good and MV has improved. They need a bit more variety and consistency at a higher level but potentially they are both Championship level players. Our left back is the man for crossing the ball, really excellent.

Vincent hasn't been great recently but JMW has been excellent. I don't know where these myths come from that he's been struggling. It really frustrates me when people also have a go at him for shooting, he's playing on right wing when he's left footed, Adams has obviously picked him there for a reason - to shoot.

I couldn't disagree more.

Both have been poor lately. As shown by (up until tuesday) their lack of goals and assists.

JMW definitely has the skill to be outstanding, he shows glimpses all the time, and I can forgive him being selfish a lot of the time if it meant every now and then he would look up and play the pass. Tuesday after the hour mark was the first time I've seen him do that in weeks.

I really like him but he is infuriating to watch, he picks the wrong option a lot of the time and the absolute worst is when he doesn't look up to play vincent in when he would have been through on goal and then getting tackled immediately.

He can do it but it hasn't been working recently.

As I say, I believe both would be much more effective by being based on their natural wings and swapping for short periods to mix it up.

The cutting back is extremely frustrating to watch, as are the poor shots and crosses that result.

The home game v Wimbledon is conclusive in my opinion. We overwhelmed them when JMW was runnning the left wing and getting the ball in.

How am I having a pop? I was just disagreeing with your opinion.

If I was having a go I'd call you a miserable moaning old codger and question how you can complain about ANYONE given where we are in the league. If probably say you're so used to moaning you just don't know when to approve ever, as I'm not having a go I won't say anything like that.

JMW has been fantastic for us, in his natural position.

The reason that I say 'having a pop' is because one or two fellow OVF's have commented to me asking what is your grouse?. It does arrear that while others post making similar opinions agreeing with my thoughts but you appear to select my posts to criticise.

I must point out that I have posted loads of positive comments. If you bothered to check I always defended Tom Pope while many on here called him. That is just one but there are many, many more Ryan Burge being another example.

I don't dislike JMW but he is very frustrating and doesn't cross quality balls enough. With regard to Ashley Vincent he has been poor for weeks but MA has stuck by him but the same can't be said about Micky's treatment of the likes of Morsy & Doddsie who recently scored in three games but was dropped when he failed to net once!. I have been a longtime admirer of Louis because he works hard in midfield though few appear to notice this feature of his game.

With regards to our wingers only time will tell whether they can 'cut the mustard' in L1 where we are hopefully heading.

I aren't an oldmoaner just a constructive critic;)

Guppy and Macarthy did it in the championship for us, and they were very consistent. Saying that jmw and Vincent are class for league two and I think in league one they may be even more effective as the majority of pitches are bigger and in better condition

The reason that I say 'having a pop' is because one or two fellow OVF's have commented to me asking what is your grouse?. It does arrear that while others post making similar opinions agreeing with my thoughts but you appear to select my posts to criticise.

I must point out that I have posted loads of positive comments. If you bothered to check I always defended Tom Pope while many on here called him. That is just one but there are many, many more Ryan Burge being another example.

I don't dislike JMW but he is very frustrating and doesn't cross quality balls enough. With regard to Ashley Vincent he has been poor for weeks but MA has stuck by him but the same can't be said about Micky's treatment of the likes of Morsy & Doddsie who recently scored in three games but was dropped when he failed to net once!. I have been a longtime admirer of Louis because he works hard in midfield though few appear to notice this feature of his game.

With regards to our wingers only time will tell whether they can 'cut the mustard' in L1 where we are hopefully heading.

I agree with you here OS. I'd like to see them given a go at cutting the mustard in L1 though, rather than releasing them. Better the devil you know and all that...

JMW wont cross quality balls whilst he is stuck on right wing, hes left footed so will always cut inside, for him to cross more we need to see him play on left wing and vincent on right wing, as against wimbledon in the second half.

The decisions Adam's has made have put us 4 points clear at the top of the league. What more could you ask for?

OS is this is a message board and people will agree or disagree with your opinions. On the issue of your assessment of our wingers i would have thought most will disagree. I can see your point about them being frustrating at times, but maybe thats because we are thinking they have a different role to the one MA is asking of them. Right now the facts state that we are 4 points clear at the top, have a massive goal difference compared to anyone else and have scored way more goals than anyone else. They have both scored goals by cutting inside, they have both made passes that have resulted in others scoring and they have both provided passes and space for the fullbacks to cross balls for others to score. So on that note i would say they have been a massive success.

OS is this is a message board and people will agree or disagree with your opinions. On the issue of your assessment of our wingers i would have thought most will disagree. I can see your point about them being frustrating at times, but maybe thats because we are thinking they have a different role to the one MA is asking of them. Right now the facts state that we are 4 points clear at the top, have a massive goal difference compared to anyone else and have scored way more goals than anyone else. They have both scored goals by cutting inside, they have both made passes that have resulted in others scoring and they have both provided passes and space for the fullbacks to cross balls for others to score. So on that note i would say they have been a massive success.

Ill give you a thumbs up for that :) Agree 100%

I can't understand why for the life of me anyone would even consider complaining about the system that has got is 4 points clear with 16 games to go. Madness

For what Micky and the players are on the verge of achieving this season, especially after we're we started, him, te tactics he chooses to adopt, and the players he plays should be above criticism.

He won't get 100% of things right, but he is getting enough right that it doesn't matter.

Let the players play, the manager manage and the supporters support.

I can't understand why for the life of me anyone would even consider complaining about the system that has got is 4 points clear with 16 games to go. Madness

For what Micky and the players are on the verge of achieving this season, especially after we're we started, him, te tactics he chooses to adopt, and the players he plays should be above criticism.

He won't get 100% of things right, but he is getting enough right that it doesn't matter.

Let the players play, the manager manage and the supporters support.

I'm wondering who OS would drop to accommodate Morsy and Dodds?

Archived