onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Myrie and Vincent

SuperValiant1876

Advert

I said the same thing. Yes they can be frustrating at times but in short they are a threat and we are far better off with them in the side than not.

All wingers have always been frustratiing at times. Even John Barnes had his moments. The plus with wingers is pure entertainment on their day.

Supported vale for many years and not been so entertained since guppy and McCarthy brilliant cloud nine stuff

At he risk of getting my head bitten off, I can't agree that they are the best thing since sliced bread. They have been flattered by Loft anod Burge (in particular) in recent matches working their nuts off. Both of them waste so much and last night we saw how effective JMW can be on the left rather than where he usually starts. Vincent has been awful since Christmas and although he scored a great goal last night and a lucky one I feel that he has been a weak link.

To compare them with Guppy and McCarthy is just plain ridiculous, after all they we playing at a higher level. Let's not carried away, on their day the are good but God they can both be so frustrating.

Just my opinion as ever

Bert, can see what your saying. Alot of the time now they are being double marked if not three players on JMW. Vincent has been off form a bit, but they work for the team and by the opposition marking them like they have done, this allows others to get in the box unmarked.

Time will tell if they become legends at Vale Park. But they are beginning to show they could become legends if they carry on the way they are. If OVF had been around Guppy and McCarthy's time, I'm sure there would have been threads like this about them.

Bert, can see what your saying. Alot of the time now they are being double marked if not three players on JMW. Vincent has been off form a bit, but they work for the team and by the opposition marking them like they have done, this allows others to get in the box unmarked.

Time will tell if they become legends at Vale Park. But they are beginning to show they could become legends if they carry on the way they are. If OVF had been around Guppy and McCarthy's time, I'm sure there would have been threads like this about them.

Hope that you're right, time will tell

Div 1 will be the making of both our wingers. If they can produce the goods in that league then they will become legends, if not then MA's will get shot of them very quickly and they will be forgotten. He does not take prisoners by the looks of things and is not scared to make changes where necessary.

At he risk of getting my head bitten off, I can't agree that they are the best thing since sliced bread. They have been flattered by Loft anod Burge (in particular) in recent matches working their nuts off. Both of them waste so much and last night we saw how effective JMW can be on the left rather than where he usually starts. Vincent has been awful since Christmas and although he scored a great goal last night and a lucky one I feel that he has been a weak link.

To compare them with Guppy and McCarthy is just plain ridiculous, after all they we playing at a higher level. Let's not carried away, on their day the are good but God they can both be so frustrating.

Just my opinion as ever

absolutely bang on - feel they both will struggle in league 1 as they did against sheff utd - hope they prove me wrong -

Jmw is a class above this level. I do think AV would struggle more in league one tho. You can't just kick it and run.

Away at Burton, when Jmw went to the left, it changed the game. He set the goal up by hitting the byeline and pinging it across goal. Last night he was deadly and gave arguably their best player the run around for 15-20mins!

Brilliant wingers and.2 massive reasons why we are where we are.

Both have become recent scapegoats for certain fans as well. Ridiculous

Not at all. They've both been poor recently.

They were ineffective for the majority the other night, despite Vincents first. It was only when they swapped to their natual wings and started running down the line and just whipping the ball in that we looked dangerous everytime we went forwards.

I'd like to see them start a game on the correct wings and swap for a few minutes every 20 or so. This cutting back hasn't worked for weeks.

Not at all. They've both been poor recently.

They were ineffective for the majority the other night, despite Vincents first. It was only when they swapped to their natual wings and started running down the line and just whipping the ball in that we looked dangerous everytime we went forwards.

I'd like to see them start a game on the correct wings and swap for a few minutes every 20 or so. This cutting back hasn't worked for weeks.

Vincent hasn't been great recently but JMW has been excellent. I don't know where these myths come from that he's been struggling. It really frustrates me when people also have a go at him for shooting, he's playing on right wing when he's left footed, Adams has obviously picked him there for a reason - to shoot.

Archived