onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Myrie and Vincent

SuperValiant1876

Two class wingers for this level and for the league above I dare say. 9 goals/8 assists for Myrie and 8 goals/6 assists for Vincent now shows how good they are. Both should finish the season on 10+ goals... how long has it been since we had 2 wingers looking at 10 goals each for a season? Both have played a massive part in where we are now and should be praised/worshipped accordingly. Oh, and kudos for MA for signing these gems.

Advert

Last night when they switches wings for a sustained amount of time, I thought we posed a greater threat, where neither had to cut inside onto their stronger foot to get a decent cross in the box.. I feel this should be how we start, then the change up is to switch and play jeno right, vincent left.. Top marks to both of them thus far though, two of the main reasons we're in the position we are.

The amount of grief Myrie-Williams gets from round where I sit is ridiculous. I really do feel sorry for him, he's had a great season.

'Get down the line, run down the line!' was one shout from some oaf behind me last night, conveniently missing the fact that he had 2 defenders on him at the time!

The amount of grief Myrie-Williams gets from round where I sit is ridiculous. I really do feel sorry for him, he's had a great season.

'Get down the line, run down the line!' was one shout from some oaf behind me last night, conveniently missing the fact that he had 2 defenders on him at the time!

Never gonna change, some people would moan if a player scored 5 goals with five shots if he skied his next shot! I was in the railway on Sat and some bloke never stopped giving BW stick for shooting, jesus we were winning three nil, if you can't try your luck from 20/30 yards then , then when can you, didn't matter that his shots flew over the bar. had we been drawing or had it been a closer game I am sure he would not be firing in shots from these distances.

I can't help myself, have to shout and tell them to shut up, can't do with slagging payers when they have done nothing to deserve it, even when they have what good does it do them, they gonna play better cos some old block shouts "your S--te"

They both get heavily marked when they have the ball, so they cant always produce the ball into the box. Love it when they swap sides and torment the defenders tho.

Best wingers we have had in a long time. Guppy and the Chamberlains spring to mind.

The stick JMW receives off a lot of fans around me is pathetic. The guy has been superb for us this season. People may complain that every now and again he keeps his head down and misses a good passing opportunity, but let's face it, if he added that skill to his portfolio he would be playing Championship.

People forget the team aspect, if they are being double marked, or triple marked like Pope, 6 or 7 players are tied up and so it gives the rest of the team more scope. Hopefully we are seeing L1 players mainly, but cannot expect all round players, they command Championship places/pay, we may have a couple or so.

You have to ask yourself if youve seen better opposition players in this league.

I haven't missed many games this season and I'm struggling to think of any.

The pair of them do a great job for the team and JMW is, at times unplayable to defenders.

It was good to see both of them terrorising the Wombles last night.

Agree fully.

JMW ia a brilliant player at this level and yet some idiotic fools seem to take great delight in criticising him.

He makes the team tick and I guarantee that every opposing manager has his name marked in red before each game we play. He is regularly marked by 2-3 men and yet still manages to be a menace. He dawdled a bit on the ball last night but was a constant threat and I was delighted that he set up Vincent's third. A real entertainer.

(PS As a footnote what a tremendous partnership we are developing down both flanks - Duffy/JMW and Jones/Vincent.)

Archived