onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Myrie and Vincent

SuperValiant1876

Advert

absolutely bang on - feel they both will struggle in league 1 as they did against sheff utd - hope they prove me wrong -

The reason they struggled was te fact that they were doubled up on. Teams know how we play so they double up on Vincent and JMW giving more space to the middle men.

Vale fans are never happy.

At he risk of getting my head bitten off, I can't agree that they are the best thing since sliced bread. They have been flattered by Loft anod Burge (in particular) in recent matches working their nuts off. Both of them waste so much and last night we saw how effective JMW can be on the left rather than where he usually starts. Vincent has been awful since Christmas and although he scored a great goal last night and a lucky one I feel that he has been a weak link.

To compare them with Guppy and McCarthy is just plain ridiculous, after all they we playing at a higher level. Let's not carried away, on their day the are good but God they can both be so frustrating.

Just my opinion as ever

Thank God for some balanced words. JMW is a good player there is no doubt about that but he is far more effective on the left as his second half performance highlighted.

The reason they struggled was te fact that they were doubled up on. Teams know how we play so they double up on Vincent and JMW giving more space to the middle men.

Vale fans are never happy.

Sorry to disagree - and for the record this Vale fan is very happy, in fact over the moon! The point I was making is that they're not brilliant. I feel that the doubling up you refer to usually happend when they cut inside and run across other players. Most teams have worked this out and wait for both of them to do it. In recent matches we have seen them changing wings and on Tuesday I thought JMW was superb in the second half when he ran the winger and crossed the ball. As ever, just the opinion of a humble but ecstatic Vale fan!

Thank God for some balanced words. JMW is a good player there is no doubt about that but he is far more effective on the left as his second half performance highlighted.

That's one half of one game. He has an excellent return of goals and assists playing on the right. He has played on the right wing all of his career. That IS his natural position. To say a left footed player mut play left wing is back to the dark ages of football.

Anyway, he plays as more of an inside forward, not a winger.

Both have the ability to change the game instantly as they can both run with the ball at a high speed so they often change the game from us defending to attacking within seconds. They scare the **** out of defenders. We must be a nightmare to have to play against.

The Duffy/Yates arguement is interesting. I think with the addition of Jones it has to be Duffy as he is the more defensive and it gives us more balance. If we played with Yates/Jones as full backs we could get very exposed as both like to get forward. Duffy is happy to sit back, defend and support the winger with the option of cutting it back to him. Although he did find himself in a decent shooting position the other night, he should have scored!

Sorry to disagree - and for the record this Vale fan is very happy, in fact over the moon! The point I was making is that they're not brilliant. I feel that the doubling up you refer to usually happend when they cut inside and run across other players. Most teams have worked this out and wait for both of them to do it. In recent matches we have seen them changing wings and on Tuesday I thought JMW was superb in the second half when he ran the winger and crossed the ball. As ever, just the opinion of a humble but ecstatic Vale fan!

That's my point, Adams is setting them up to cut inside. JMW won't cut inside onto his right foot. I agree he should be on left wing, he's much better there and will get crosses in. Same with Vincent.

Up there as 2 of the players of the season for me(obviously and rightly so Pope will most probably win it but Football is also a team effort). They have been a breath of fresh air on the team. VP as a pitch cries out for width!! We saw it in the 90s with Guppy/McCarthy and then Ainsworth. John Jeffers also wasn't a bad player for us before this as another example.

Defenders at this level also tend to struggle with pace and a bit of skill.

I've said all season JMW may not be outstanding and get it right every time but the lad has a go. Vincent too is a really good player for this level with good experience at Col U and Cheltenham in the past.

I struggle to comprehend why anyone would gives them stick regularly, IF we finish the job they will have been 2 of the reasons why we go up!

Both have the ability to change the game instantly as they can both run with the ball at a high speed so they often change the game from us defending to attacking within seconds. They scare the **** out of defenders. We must be a nightmare to have to play against.

The Duffy/Yates arguement is interesting. I think with the addition of Jones it has to be Duffy as he is the more defensive and it gives us more balance. If we played with Yates/Jones as full backs we could get very exposed as both like to get forward. Duffy is happy to sit back, defend and support the winger with the option of cutting it back to him. Although he did find himself in a decent shooting position the other night, he should have scored!

In fairness to Duffy he can get forward well at times, he was unlucky with that one on Tuesday when I think it was Vincent played him in and he fired it across just past the post, I thought he'd scored from the Railway. Jones too looks as though he can hit a shot, not just the goal at Wimbledon he's whistled a couple more just wide in his 2 games since.

I also hear some very uncalled for stick that Duffy gets at times, some fool behind me on Saturday shouting get Yates on. For me Duffy has been a unsung hero this season, a very solid RB all in all!

Agree with this. The other scenario is play Duffy at RB and Yates at LB, Jones could then get a midfield role, I know we are not short of good midfielders but it is another option.

In fairness to Duffy he can get forward well at times, he was unlucky with that one on Tuesday when I think it was Vincent played him in and he fired it across just past the post, I thought he'd scored from the Railway. Jones too looks as though he can hit a shot, not just the goal at Wimbledon he's whistled a couple more just wide in his 2 games since.

I also hear some very uncalled for stick that Duffy gets at times, some fool behind me on Saturday shouting get Yates on. For me Duffy has been a unsung hero this season, a very solid RB all in all!

Both of our wingers are very effective when they have the presence of another back up player near to them, i.e. when the full backs also are in forward looking positions either to assist the winger or inside them ready to take a pass. Then the opposing defenders, even if they are doubled up on our wingers, have another threat to contend with. Now Jones is with us it gives our wingers more reason to attack as Jones appears to be as capable , if not more capable, to attack and cross a belting ball into the middle for Popey or Hughes to latch onto. JMW and Vincent ought to now be able to use Jones' ability in combining defence with attack by cutting inside too, thus creating space for Jones to belt down the flank. Duffy has recently been able to surge forward more, but this is probably due to our commanding games more and thus having no winger or midfield man to mark. If and when any team attack us then the wingers should come to help the defence more. No criticism meant for anyone but I believe a lot of Vale fans are now being spoiled and feel that we should never lose a ball, lose a tackle or score each time we attack. That is why some will moan during matches, even if we are winning.

Archived