onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Myrie and Vincent

SuperValiant1876

Advert

There have been lots of people saying after Tuesday's match they prefer Vincent on the right and JMW on the left. I disagree. It must be a nightmare for a defender not knowing whether the winger is going to cut inside or try to take you on down the line. I think JMW especially is really good at taking players on down the line and pulling the ball back,

1st goal against Exeter, Lee Hughes chance at Wimbledon examples of that, plus probably lots more. Then with Vincent he can take players on down the left and get the ball in to set up chances, Pope's 2nd (I think against Bristol Rovers). They also both like to cut inside onto their stronger foot, either to get a cross in or to take a shot. Both have scored in this way, JMW against Plymouth and Vincent against Fleetwood away for example. It must be a nightmare for defenders, are they going to cut in, take me on down the wing, pull it back for the full back, is the full back going to overlap....oh hang on they've swapped sides now.

It's classic wing play, and I think a lot who criticise them both simply dont see everything that they bring to the game, not just when the balls at their feet, but their impact on the opposition off the ball. You've got centre halves deciding whether to mark Popey or Hughes, full backs and wingers getting caught out worrying about our wingers and full backs, then when nothing else is on we've got Burge and Loft crying out to get involved and find a killer ball. Going forward at the moment we're frighteningly good. JMW and Vincent play a massive part in that.

One criticism recently was that they had only set up Popey for 20% (or thereabouts) of his goals. Maybe that's because we have so many players assisting his goals. Also, given the vast number of goals we've scored this season, 20% isn't a bad figure. Also, Pope has scored less than 50% of our overall goal tally so far, so I imagine they've set up a lot more of our other goals.

On Tuesday a bloke behind me was moaning like mad at JMW in the 1st half, sometimes you could hear the groans from people around the paddock. But he kept going, kept making life difficult for Wimbledon, played a part in the second goal and set up the third. People need to stop moaning, because at the moment that's simply what it is. They're both bringing so much to the team, and dont get anywhere near as much credit as they should. The fact they're actually getting criticised is laughable.

Lets face it for the first time since the 90's Vale actually have a TEAM that plays together as a Team. Vincent and JMW are part of that team. They may have their off days but pigging hell we are scoring more goals than anyone else in England. All the players need to take some credit. Adams deserves a huge amount as he has brought in new players who have improved the side but the Team ethos remains.

In short Stop ****ing moaning.

I'm wondering who OS would drop to accommodate Morsy and Dodds?
I'm not particularly suggesting anyone should be dropped but merely making the point that Vincent prior to Tuesday has been very poor but Micky has kept faith in him but doesn't need much of an excuse to leave Louis Dodds out.

Quite frankly the way Ashley Vincent has played since November an extra midfeld player would have been preferable to an out of form/confidence winger.

Fleetwood and Chesterfield being just two examples to back up the argument when we were out played and out numbered in both of these games.

Whilst I am delighted to see Vale riding high we should still be looking toimprove.

Final question does Alex Ferguson ever sit back and think Manure can't be improved?.

Archived