onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 3 AFC Wimbledon 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Excellent 3 points tonight we have done a very professional job that teams at the top always do Burge was defo MOM for me closely followed by Jones and Loft

The pass of the night though goes to Tom Pope when he brought that high ball down and delivered a defence splitting pass to Vincent (I think!) in the second half

Onwards now to Edgar David's Barnet on sat to see if we can pull further away from the Gills as they have a very tricky match away at Bradford

Up the Vale!!!

I echo all the comments above.

Credit to the away fans too for that long journey in terrible conditions to support a bottom of the league side.

Take a bow lads (and lasses). I hope you do it.

Vincent will take the plaudits because he scored two goals and forwards get the glory. His second was superb.

But both Burge and Jones were fabulous from start to finish.

Jones is a class above Div 2. His forward runs and crossing ability are amazing, yet he can still defend when needed and doesn't jump in needlessly. How we managed to sign him I do not know. Early days but he looks absolute quality. What a left foot.

Burge has got the makings of a midfield general already. He can tackle, turn, receive a ball well, and pass quickly and usually forwards.

Jones has got to be the signing of the season so far. strong, tall, comfy on the ball and loves those powerful runs forward. Easily the dirtiest shirt on the park tonight, cos he was stuck in all game. What an athlete.

Neal keeping it calm for us, safe, and great distribution to feet, plus telling goal kicks.

I could moan about how we should have scored more.......but I wont.

Lofty was well er Lofty. Solid performance, a few errant Hollywoods but worked well and generally got stuck in.

Front 4 (or 6 at times!) were lethal. It's all been said above about the miracles of space the Pontiff is creating.

I am such a happy Vale fan. Best since 92/93....GOOARN VALE!

As straightforward as the scoreline suggests. If anything the score flatters Wimbledon who look doomed on that showing.

Vale however ooze composure. The experienced signings have added that bit of quality needed to push on at this time of the season. Compare tonight's performance with Gillingham's last night. Chalk and cheese.

Of course I'd take third at the end of the season but why can't we be greedy after all the rubbish we've had to put with over the years? I'll say it. This team looks like Champions and it feels ****** great.

First of all i thought there was a lot more than 5567 folk there.

Fair play on turning up on such a horrible night.

Whoever put the ball in for our first goal take a bow that was a great ball superbly finished by hughes.

Thought they should have add a pen when jmw brought someone down,lucky there.

Vincent lovely to c him score twice his second goal was magnificent the way he brought it down and finished was a joy to behold.

Neal made a couple of very good saves at critical times ,well done lad.

Burge superb

Agreed. Think it was a Burger ball in for Hughsie's goal too.

Archived