onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 3 AFC Wimbledon 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

great performance last night in tough conditions our tempo from the start was miles better than the last few games we havent got a weakness in the team we are looking strong all over the pitch and players who are coming on look dangerous as well. as for wimbledon i really hope they stay up they have done amazing to get into this division in such a short time so good luck to them for the rest of the season.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the subs but I thought Birchall looked miles fitter and got involved straight away and I loved the pacey run from Andrew late on, he would have overtaken a greyhound at that pace, didn't realise he had that in him.

Yeh, we ought to enter Andrew in for the Olympics after that dash! Where did that come from? Did he think Adams was behind him shouting for him to get forward??

great performance last night in tough conditions our tempo from the start was miles better than the last few games we havent got a weakness in the team we are looking strong all over the pitch and players who are coming on look dangerous as well. as for wimbledon i really hope they stay up they have done amazing to get into this division in such a short time so good luck to them for the rest of the season.

I think that was the key last night.We didn't stroll into the game,we had a go from the start.I was questioning Ash Vincent before last night,that performance should give him a real boost.Burge looks a top player to me.

Was talking to some wombles in the Duke after the game and they were pretty critical of their managers tactics, in particular leaving their top scorer on the bench. Don't think it would have made any difference, we were pretty dominant in all departments and the berger man is top class. I think our wingers will do better as the weather improves and the pitches get better. Saying that, I'm so glad Vinny got his brace it will do wonders for his confidence. imho

Can anyone remember being as excited about things on and off the pitch?

We were awesome last night and the good news was still arriving on Twitter at 11pm.

Miller and Deakin or Smurf and the Wilde one....Mmmm.. Let me have a think!!

Buying Purse, Hughes and Jones has proven that Adams knows what he's doing. Some knock him for his sometimes arrogant, cold aura but give praise that we now have an absolutely awesome squad to grace this Division. Last night just followed on from previous recent performances in so much we have a team to be feared whoever we play. In every part of the field we now look composed and solid. Yes we will have a few lapses in players performances but we can now cover and cater for anyone falling below our very high standards and even our subs bench sends out messages not only to the present incumbents of positions in the team ,but to opposing Clubs who now respect that we are a phoenix rising from the ashes. I have been lucky in following the Vale for many years and have experienced some glorious times amongst the many bad, dire periods but the present situation and feel good factor oozing out of evey inch of Vale Park is making me feel like a teenager again. Can't get enough of the Vale.

Good post this. Plenty has been said quite rightly about Burge, Hughes, Neal, Pope etc etc. But what impressed me last night was the depth to be able to bring players like Birchall, Andrew and Williamson on was a very good sign. The speed of Andrew and pace of Williamson bodes well for the future. AND WHAT A FUTURE.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the subs but I thought Birchall looked miles fitter and got involved straight away and I loved the pacey run from Andrew late on, he would have overtaken a greyhound at that pace, didn't realise he had that in him.

I'm still buzzing about last, in recent seasons I don't mind admitting Tuesday night matches in that sort of weather have been a chore, id spend all day at work thinking god I've got go up there tonight but yesterday was a total turn around I couldn't wait to go up last night, knocked off work early and was up burslem for five and was obviously not let down by the match its fantastic to be a vale fan again and im proud as punch today.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned (can't be arsed to read all postings) but what a difference the £10 entrance made last night. To those who can't attend Saturday games, can't afford season tickets etc. the chance to see the Vale for a tenner is great value. Great forward thinking form chubs and smurf. Wonder what the gate would have been without the offer?

Interesting that people are saying how strong the bench was with super sub Williamson as a replacement for old man Hughes and Birchall and Andrew to give the wingers a rest and Shuker came on in the last game....it must also be noted that both Dodds and McCoombe should return from injury sooner than later while regulars like Yates and Morsy can't get a game and are benchwarmers alongside Johnson and Davis and Lloyd...almost forgot Rob Taylor and both MacDonald and James are out on loan.

...................Johnson.................

Yates....McCoombe...Davis...Taylor

Birchall...Morsy....Shuker...Andrew

..............Dodds....Williamson.......

It's almost as if the second eleven could make the play offs in their own right.

Archived