onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why can't we grind out results?

Bernieseven

Despite the teams excellent performance yesterday it provided yet another example of a game that we have thrown away after being in a position of strength. We can try and blame players getting sent off or poor officials that are costing us games but the fact remains that some of the current team lack the ability and mental strength to see a game out. My concern is that if this issue is not addressed soon then it is going to cost up promotion come the end of the season. Don't get me wrong I am delighted at how well the team has done in difficult circumstances this season, but to think of the points and games we have thrown away so far this season is worrying.

Advert

The answer lies in midfield. When we are on the front foot we look very comfortable in midfield but when when other teams up their game and start to apply the pressure the midfield appears to go missing. Where was James yesterday in the second half. We desperately need a holding defensive midfielder who can take the pressure off the defence. Bring back Morsy!!

It's the price we pay for playing two wingers, whoever plays centre mid looks a bit overrun at times because JMW and Vincent are much better going forward than tracking back.

Also, there's always a mistake in our defence, pretty well across the back four.

If we play with these two wingers we just have to play 20 yards further up the pitch all the time.....

better to watch and we're full of goals but as a generalisation defences win leagues.

Don't forget we're 4 points clear in second place btw, go on, pinch yourself.

Sheffield United were there for the taking yesterday. We certainly battled at the back. In the second half we just dropped back, and gave up possesion. The two wingers were a luxury we could not afford yesterday. I hope that we can revert to the early season form, we are hanging on in the league, but the spark is definitely missing now.

Iv said it before, I strongly believe the players lack mental strenght and go into a state of shellshock when were defending a lead by 1 goal in closing stages of the game. When ur defending a 1-0 lead last 20mins u bring on an old head and some physical presence....Dodds and Taylor are neither im afraid to say

I can understand your frustration and I agree about not finishing sides off but we are having a good season at moment and people forget we have been in admin since march and unable to strengthen the team much! We haven't had much time to sign anybody, we have thrashed Oxford, fleetwood and Rotherham! We have beat tranmere and Walsall in cups and pushed Sheffield utd all the way in there own back yard! Yes we can't finish teams of at minute but we are a working progress now we have new owners and it won't click over night! It will come with time

Archived