onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why can't we grind out results?

Bernieseven

Advert

we can grind out results but yesterday we we're constantly bombarded in the 2nd half, i thought the lads did us proud aswell as the fans. we was playing a very good lg1 team who have yet to loose at home this season maybe if we could have stopped the 2nd goal then on our patch could have been a very different story

i for one think the lads can keep there heads held high atleast now we can fully concentrate on the league

Was always going be hard to win yesterday but losing it so late on was devastating. First goal shouldnt of even happened because it was blatently not a corner in the build up. Second goal we were flat footed and only duffy reacted to the danger. I agree that Morsy is probably the best defensive midfielder we have got but i thought burge and james were class for most of the game yesterday. Anyway the fa cup isnt as important as the league so lets move on a back the boys against bradford on tuesday in the jpt and pack the park for chesterfield on saturday!

What a negative thread

Apart from Burnley in the cup it is the only other game out of 24 that we have scored first and lost

A decent ref would have given a penalty for handball when Popey had a shot I'm the 2nd half which was the same offence Duffy was booked for,the equaliser came after a corner that was not cleared properly which was a foul on Neal & a goal kick and the ref managed to find an extra minute of injury time even though neither trainer was called onto the pitch.

Classic "homer"ref play till the home team scores the winner

What a negative thread

Apart from Burnley in the cup it is the only other game out of 24 that we have scored first and lost

A decent ref would have given a penalty for handball when Popey had a shot I'm the 2nd half which was the same offence Duffy was booked for,the equaliser came after a corner that was not cleared properly which was a foul on Neal & a goal kick and the ref managed to find an extra minute of injury time even though neither trainer was called onto the pitch.

Classic "homer"ref play till the home team scores the winner

Disagree with that...

It wasnt a penalty....

Duffys handball was worthy of a yellow....

The ref played the right amount of added time, more was played due to the tussle between the players towards the end.

Disagree with that...

It wasnt a penalty....

The ref played the right amount of added time, more was played due to the tussle between the players towards the end.

I thought the tussle was after the 2nd goal?

Oh, and we do grind results out, we have done for the last 6 weeks really to the original post.

Can I offer, Aldershot, Burton, Southend, Forest Green, Walsall, Bradford and Morecambe as examples of grinding out results?

As Jacko has shown we can ground out results but without doubt this season we are at our best attacking teams rather than trying to grind out a result from the start.

Said in posts over the years that the lower down in the leagues you go, the less mistakes you make, the better you will do. Some people said we were having a poor run of form recently because we failed to beat Rochdale & York at home and struggled to beat Forest Green Rovers. However in all 3 games, we were 2-0 ahead. Not exactly struggling!

I wonder how many games this season we have been ahead in? I would imagine a lot and most of the time we have won them. My worry is always Vale's momentum in games. When they go for it and attack we are virtually unstoppable (44 league goals is testament to that) and the defenders & midfield under pressure with having to defend with fewer numbers, tend to not make mistakes because they have little time to think about options and just go for the obvious - clear it. However when we drop off, then the mistakes come more into play. More time on the ball gives more options and more chances of making errors.

We will nearly always concede goals attacking but less mistakes will obviously cut goals down and that means Vale as a team being positive. After all it is better to be positive rather than negative.

Disagree with that...

It wasnt a penalty....

Think you are in a minority of one with those opinions fella.

Disagree with you

the op is simply letting off steam after a bad day. we were never going to hang on whilst carrying two wingers. did we have the personnel to go 451 when we started to get over run is my question.
Now we are getting to the crux. We all love attacking football with wingers, but it will not work all the time and gains need defending, we need to be adaptable but need additions to the squad. Firstly to have a better shot at promotion, secondly to strengthen for L1. We are nearly there, but I do not want to go down the track of defending and hoping for a breakaway.

Archived