onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sproson Statue 17/11/2012

Tosh

Advert

i'm sure they'll make it we're playing york that day lmao

Ooh, you little fountain of knowledge!

It's just a shame that my post was done to ask what time the unveiling was at. The players can hardly be present if it's at 2.30 as they'll be doing pre-match prep.:rolleyes:

It's quite fitting that Roy did'nt come home to where he rightfully belongs until all the scum had been removed from our club.

V2001, Deakin & Miller very nearly destroyed a club that Roy loved. A club where he spent decades giving loyal service when football gave very little in return. His statue will not be tarnished by the idiots who thought more of their parking spaces than of Roy's memory, Roy's family will not be disrespected at the unveiling by a lack of refreshments because it seemed that nobody in power actually cared about the Sproson's or the meaning of the day.

Roy became a legend at the Vale unlike the now departed scum, he was at the club long before they arrived and now he will still be there long after the scum have been forgotten. With Roy watching over us I hope that once again we can witness the same success that the great man exprienced and enjoyed.

Well done to everyone that was involved, you should be very proud of your achievements.:clap::clap::clap:

:clap::thumbs:

Well said, couldn't agree more. Lets hope none of those two faced ****s turn up on the day because they aren't welcome now.

I certainly hope that non of the V2001 board members turn up on what will be a momentous day.But if they do please just ignore each and every one of them,do not spoil the day.

It's quite fitting that Roy did'nt come home to where he rightfully belongs until all the scum had been removed from our club.

V2001, Deakin & Miller very nearly destroyed a club that Roy loved. A club where he spent decades giving loyal service when football gave very little in return. His statue will not be tarnished by the idiots who thought more of their parking spaces than of Roy's memory, Roy's family will not be disrespected at the unveiling by a lack of refreshments because it seemed that nobody in power actually cared about the Sproson's or the meaning of the day.

Roy became a legend at the Vale unlike the now departed scum, he was at the club long before they arrived and now he will still be there long after the scum have been forgotten. With Roy watching over us I hope that once again we can witness the same success that the great man exprienced and enjoyed.

Well done to everyone that was involved, you should be very proud of your achievements.:clap::clap::clap:

:clap::thumbs::clap:

Superb.

Absolutely no chance Melv

It will be hard I must admit but the day is about Roy Sproson and he and his family deserve the day.I just hope non of the scrotes turn up and the day is ruined.They will probably want to go,they are entitled to just the same as anyone else.Just that they will not be welcomed with open arms.

It's probably because it was the only successful thing to occur under The Incompetents' tenure. And it didn't involve them one bit.

Oh sorry, we also got a children's centre. And a £1,000 sponsorship from Audi.

Anyway, let's move on, this isn't a place to be discussing them, this is good-news thread. Hopefully the day itself is also free of them, ensuring a proper celebration. :)

You forgot to mention the new gym they received grant monies for but never completed! :ninja:

Just seen this on the Supporters Club site in the comments section of the Sproson Statue article ...

ian sproson

October 25, 2012 at 6:29 pm

As one of Roy Sprosons sons I felt I would like to express my own,and the rest of the familys appreciation for this very touching tribute to my father. He would have been deeply moved by the fact that this has been achieved by ordinary supporters who he always had the highest regard for. I remember he told me many times that the crowd were always very kind to him-even ,if he had a “stinker” (his words) clearly the high regard went both ways.

Just seen this on the Supporters Club site in the comments section of the Sproson Statue article ...

ian sproson

October 25, 2012 at 6:29 pm

As one of Roy Sprosons sons I felt I would like to express my own,and the rest of the familys appreciation for this very touching tribute to my father. He would have been deeply moved by the fact that this has been achieved by ordinary supporters who he always had the highest regard for. I remember he told me many times that the crowd were always very kind to him-even ,if he had a “stinker” (his words) clearly the high regard went both ways.

Great comments about a true gentleman, who will always be loved by all who were lucky enough to watch him play and also lucky enough to speak to a very humble man.Ian has summed it up very well in his statement.:clap::clap:

i honestly think the time and money spent on this statue could have been put to better use,,the man was a great servant to our club but any visiting fans will say "who the f*** is that" we could have tried to finish of the "stadium work in progress".i would rather sit in a decent stadium than walk by a statue that only older vale fans recognise.

i honestly think the time and money spent on this statue could have been put to better use,,the man was a great servant to our club but any visiting fans will say "who the f*** is that" we could have tried to finish of the "stadium work in progress".i would rather sit in a decent stadium than walk by a statue that only older vale fans recognise.

Oh right,ok.

What a tool, you are obviously on a wind up. and on your own. Most probably Bill Bratt or one of that lot. Just disapear and show some respect. Roy is known by all generations of Vale fans, and if away fans are ever curious they can read the plaque and be amazed historically by the mans loyalty.

What a tool, you are obviously on a wind up. and on your own. Most probably Bill Bratt or one of that lot. Just disapear and show some respect. Roy is known by all generations of Vale fans, and if away fans are ever curious they can read the plaque and be amazed historically by the mans loyalty.
roy is not a footballing legend FACT.

Archived