onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sproson Statue 17/11/2012

Tosh

Advert

So proud today - A wrong has been righted - From the inspiration of a handful of determined fans eleven years ago through to today thousands of Vale fans have contributed to make that original dream a reality - and in the process shown what makes people from this area so special.

So proud today - A wrong has been righted - From the inspiration of a handful of determined fans eleven years ago through to today thousands of Vale fans have contributed to make that original dream a reality - and in the process shown what makes people from this area so special.

It will be a great day and one that will be easily remembered by many.

It's quite fitting that Roy did'nt come home to where he rightfully belongs until all the scum had been removed from our club.

V2001, Deakin & Miller very nearly destroyed a club that Roy loved. A club where he spent decades giving loyal service when football gave very little in return. His statue will not be tarnished by the idiots who thought more of their parking spaces than of Roy's memory, Roy's family will not be disrespected at the unveiling by a lack of refreshments because it seemed that nobody in power actually cared about the Sproson's or the meaning of the day.

Roy became a legend at the Vale unlike the now departed scum, he was at the club long before they arrived and now he will still be there long after the scum have been forgotten. With Roy watching over us I hope that once again we can witness the same success that the great man exprienced and enjoyed.

Well done to everyone that was involved, you should be very proud of your achievements.:clap::clap::clap:

It's quite fitting that Roy did'nt come home to where he rightfully belongs until all the scum had been removed from our club.

V2001, Deakin & Miller very nearly destroyed a club that Roy loved. A club where he spent decades giving loyal service when football gave very little in return. His statue will not be tarnished by the idiots who thought more of their parking spaces than of Roy's memory, Roy's family will not be disrespected at the unveiling by a lack of refreshments because it seemed that nobody in power actually cared about the Sproson's or the meaning of the day.

Roy became a legend at the Vale unlike the now departed scum, he was at the club long before they arrived and now he will still be there long after the scum have been forgotten. With Roy watching over us I hope that once again we can witness the same success that the great man exprienced and enjoyed.

Well done to everyone that was involved, you should be very proud of your achievements.:clap::clap::clap:

Top post well said.

Well said, couldn't agree more. Lets hope none of those two faced ****s turn up on the day because they aren't welcome now.

Had a chat with Gary B today at the ground and he was keen to try and get a restriction on pictures being posted publicly but like he says with social media as it is today and many people within the club taking pictures its really an impossible task. So, he said he would post just one or two images on the SC site.

Mr Benson has put them on facebook on many links and his one and only pvo site typical

I recall when I was 10-11 the opening of Oxhey School in Biddulph and Roy was the guest to open a fete for the day. I got to meet him and was shaking like a leaf because of who he was and the awe that he gave off. Grown blokes were in admiration of him and he was a true gent.

In the days when the term "legend" is often banded, about unmerited in my view, this guy epitomises what a real legend is.

Amen to that, lad.

The statue is going to look magnificent and a credit to all those that have fought so hard to see its completion.

I cant help but wonder just what was Bratts objection,just why did V2001 put so many obstacles in the way?

In a perverse way I can understand Deakin & Co they were just ignorant, but Bratt & Co must surely have understood the feeling of the fans......Its another mystery that surrounds Vale Park under the tenure of the so called "Supporters run club"

The statue is going to look magnificent and a credit to all those that have fought so hard to see its completion.

I cant help but wonder just what was Bratts objection,just why did V2001 put so many obstacles in the way?

In a perverse way I can understand Deakin & Co they were just ignorant, but Bratt & Co must surely have understood the feeling of the fans......Its another mystery that surrounds Vale Park under the tenure of the so called "Supporters run club"

It's probably because it was the only successful thing to occur under The Incompetents' tenure. And it didn't involve them one bit.

Oh sorry, we also got a children's centre. And a £1,000 sponsorship from Audi.

Anyway, let's move on, this isn't a place to be discussing them, this is good-news thread. Hopefully the day itself is also free of them, ensuring a proper celebration. :)

Archived