onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gavin Massey to leave vale when contract expires in summer

Advert

In hindsight it was a curious signing as he never really fitted how DC likes to set up the team. Was non-plussed with him as well when he first got here and was woefully unfit when the least you’d expect was him to keep the cardio ticking over. Did better this season but to be honest it’s best he moves on elsewhere.

• Like 2

Major disappointment, let himself and the fans down very badly. Won't be missed. Heard people say he was too often played out of position, when he was played in his supposed position I saw no improvement in his performance. Poor signing. Need better if we are to improve, not fit to lace Wozzas boots .

• Like 7

Next club he goes to, suddenly finds his footy boots and shows what he can actually do when played in the right position.  That is how it normally goes.  

Oh well - hopefully the replacement will be better.

Good luck at your next club, unless we are playing that team and then play like you did at Vale.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

Major disappointment, let himself and the fans down very badly. Won't be missed. Heard people say he was too often played out of position, when he was played in his supposed position I saw no improvement in his performance. Poor signing. Need better if we are to improve, not fit to lace Wozzas boots .

I think he hasn’t been since he got here so it’s the right decision to let him go and I wish we could get rid of two goals loft and release the very below average jones as well and not offer ikpaezo a contract but I don’t decide 

• Like 1

Next club he goes to, suddenly finds his footy boots and shows what he can actually do when played in the right position.  That is how it normally goes.  
Oh well - hopefully the replacement will be better.
Good luck at your next club, unless we are playing that team and then play like you did at Vale.  
Only if they're magic boots
  • Haha 1

Might have played well for Wigan but hopeless for the Vale. Could never work out what his best position was as we played him a number of positions and was useless in every one. Has to be pointed out that most his appearances in Wigans promotion season were as a substitute.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Looked a decent signing on paper. My mate is a Wigan fan and loved him. Have to say he’s one of the worst players I’ve seen down the vale. Delighted he’s gone. 

Seems to have been a common theme over the last few seasons. 

Had some absolutely awful games but I do think he was a victim of his own versatility by being played out of position when we had no other options. An obvious choice to release as he was one of the biggest earners. Even so, he will probably surprise us all by getting another league 1 gig. 

In the games when he could be bothered, such as those whenever we played Wigan, you could see he had some quality. 

Massey is another player to whom Flitcroft promised the earth like Ripley. He was far from being one of the worst players I’ve seen in a Vale shirt but he never repeated his Wigan form. Good luck Gavin. 

• Like 9