onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 16th April

4 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

There was no matrix. It was just whoever was wandering around cheap in need of work. Uche..signed not because he was needed but because the window had closed and he was all we could afford.

Wilson: Have a contract as nobody else wants him with the injury record, but we will take you back if you’ll play for 2k a week. 

Etc Etc 

March…some bloke who has not played since October…Deklan Wynne…have a contract. 

So it continues….

Judging Deklan Wynne before you have ever seen him play is pretty dour even by your standards.

A competent left-footed left-back is arguably the second hardest position to fill, after only a quality striker, and we have struggled at left-back for the whole of this season.

Whether Deklan Wynne turns out to be competent remains to be seen, but at least give the lad a fair chance before judging him.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Advert

18 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Judging Deklan Wynne before you have ever seen him play is pretty dour even by your standards.

A competent left-footed left-back is arguably the second hardest position to fill, after only a quality striker, and we have struggled at left-back for the whole of this season.

Whether Deklan Wynne turns out to be competent remains to be seen, but at least give the lad a fair chance before judging him.

Would you sign players who have never played in England, who you have never seen play live, who last played months ago? 

You don’t need a matrix to know that’s a recipe for disaster. 

The sane would not. The Vale have. 

• Thanks 1

Football manager biggest load of <ovf censored> ever 

Ger paid for failure go somewhere else do it again .

Will Ryder would have done a better job shame they didn't turn up against Leyton Orient for him (players ).

Handsomely paid for ineptitude. 

You tell me in your next press conference what you have improved at the club since you have had the job 

I cannot think of a single thing 

Your a defender and we shipped 6 at home last 2 you may aswell have played midfielders back there .

Away we are so negative .

Let's hold out for a 0-0 the war cry from the dressing room leader .

Other teams had a go at Peterborough why didn't you ?

What kind of tactics are tell goalkeeper boot ball into touch all second half (Fleetwood).

What kind of tactics are when level v Wycombe and desperately needing a winner observing our goalkeeper boot ball high to no one or there strength (aerial).to there big meat head defenders .

Money for nothing 

my view is straightforward some of the players have not been up to scratch like smith and ojo and I would move them on and I doubt we will see ikpaezo or Wilson again but sell jones who is one of the worst left backs I have ever seen at the club who will just sit out his contract and steel a living from the club like loft

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Football manager biggest load of <ovf censored> ever 

Ger paid for failure go somewhere else do it again .

Will Ryder would have done a better job shame they didn't turn up against Leyton Orient for him (players ).

Handsomely paid for ineptitude. 

You tell me in your next press conference what you have improved at the club since you have had the job 

I cannot think of a single thing 

Your a defender and we shipped 6 at home last 2 you may aswell have played midfielders back there .

Away we are so negative .

Let's hold out for a 0-0 the war cry from the dressing room leader .

Other teams had a go at Peterborough why didn't you ?

What kind of tactics are tell goalkeeper boot ball into touch all second half (Fleetwood).

What kind of tactics are when level v Wycombe and desperately needing a winner observing our goalkeeper boot ball high to no one or there strength (aerial).to there big meat head defenders .

Money for nothing 

They get paid vast amounts no matter what happens at Bolton. They will all be on a beach soon and expect the fans to shell out on season tickets before their return back. 

Taken for granted. 

Unless the owner reconvene and engages with the fans, I can't see sales going through the roof. 

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Would you sign players who have never played in England, who you have never seen play live, who last played months ago? 

You don’t need a matrix to know that’s a recipe for disaster. 

The sane would not. The Vale have. 

Players like Robin van der Laan you mean?

Deklan Wynne was on trial at the Vale for weeks, and was assessed by the Vale management.

The four outfielders in that management team have about 2,000 professional appearances between them.

They knocked back three of the four trialists but offered Deklan Wynne a short-term contract.

I trust their judgement and I'm looking forward to seeing Deklan Wynne play, so we can all actually see what he offers.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Port Vale Paul said:

£11.7 million PVFC & £6 million Synsol Holdings for the ground. If you don't believe me take a look on Companies House it's free available information.

I looked and your talking out of your anal sphincter 

Surely there's a question mark over Wycombe's winning goal. Cone who receives the ball direct from their goal keeper's kick may not have been offside but there was a Wycombe player who was coming back from an offside position in the center of the field/on the same line as Cone who was active in the play and was surely yards behind/beyond Vale's last defender and hence should have been given offside.

I realize it's usual for the officials not to blow for offside 'til the player touches the ball but their player who was running back from Vale's goal had to be a mile offside and active in the play when their keeper kicked the ball. 

I haven't checked the rules on this but I guess the motto is play to the whistle.

11 hours ago, Santa said:

If you have two midfielders in double figures then it should be the icing on the cake of at the very least a half decent season.

Agreed Santa, problem is there was no cake. Recipe for success goals from midfield which we got and a striker scoring 15/20 goals along side another scoring 10/15. Many on here at the beginning of the season were minimising the impact of lack of strikers by saying goals spread around the team will more than compensate. That hasn't aged well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

Agreed Santa, problem is there was no cake. Recipe for success goals from midfield which we got and a striker scoring 15/20 goals along side another scoring 10/15. Many on here at the beginning of the season were minimising the impact of lack of strikers by saying goals spread around the team will more than compensate. That hasn't aged well. 

I agree too . Every team needs one or two strikers . They should be the first names on the sheet. Why we didn’t sign any still baffles me, and it’s probably the main reason we’re getting relegated. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Nothing wrong with my sphincter, but suggest you either don't know or havnt looked in the right place then.

20240417_204433.jpg

You focusing on something that doesn’t matter , it total asset less liabilities that Is the key , then is clubs value over the 7.2 million … that’s the key 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• robf unfeatured this topic