onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

6 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

JRC, Similar perhaps but that was the worst. Your point about "issue between managers and players" is an interesting one but I hope it's not that as it's only the start of Moore's tenure.

Prior to the Peterborough defeat and yesterday's debacle I was of the opinion that Moore had got the Vale more organized and more difficult to beat but the problem still to solve was how to score enough goals to win enough games to stay up.

We all know the saying that 2-0 is the worst lead in football and Vale came out yesterday for the second half looking and playing scared, when the 1st goal went in they looked even more scared, became jelly-legged and to a man all confidence had blown away. Not one player stood up to lead, demanded the ball, lead by example or  produced a crunching tackle to try and reverse the downward spiral.

Then the subs were made, Uche looked disappointed to be taken off, he still looked to have something left to give and may have provided some inspiration, set an example and arrested the decline had he stayed on. If he's taken off replace him with Loft who put's himself about and may do similar etc etc.

The reasons for yesterday's capitulation are likely the team doesn't have enough leaders, confidence is fragile, insufficient experience on the bench and poor substitutions.

I won't give up hope 'til Vale are mathematically down but I doubt there is any coming back from this. What is a safe lead for this PVFC squad, if 2-0 up at home with 45 mins to go isn't safe then what is?

We were 2 up after 88 mins against the bottom side the other week and that wasn't safe ! 

Advert

6 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

I thought Uche looked a bit surprised and gutted to be taken off if I'm honest but Loft wasn't an option. He was injurred in the warm up and was on the bench in name only.

Unless Uche was injured to sub him for Weir was ludicrous. As soon as he went off we just couldn’t hold the ball up. I actually thought he did well yesterday and in a game we had to win, he was essential to us seeing the game out. 

• Like 3

I've read on twitter don't know how true it is but someone was having a go after match at players and Uche went back have words with him 

Thought taking Uche off was pivotal he was playing well in my opinion deserving a goal working his proverbial off .

So hope fan wasn't having a go at him as in my eyes he can be excluded from criticism. 

The rest well you gotta ask how you can do that to your own support who were as a one bouncing with happiness first half .

I went after 4th goal I'd seen enough .

Moore has to be amazingly lucky now for Port Vale remain league 1 club .

If he plays the same players at the back he needs sectioning .

No leadership no guts  141 goals conceded 0league 1 tells you everything you need to know and some of them are with a pretty decent keeper in Ripley.

Hold the line 

Bring out the coffin

Let's march .

If that happens I'm IN

What a totally abject season 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Have loved having Ben at the club. He will probably go down as my favourite ever player from this era we're about to exit.

Gives his absolute best every single game even when he's not "on it". One of our best signings of the past decade, he will be very much missed. Plays like he supports the club, like he's been a fan all his life. Effort, commitment, strength, goals, passion.

If we'd had 11 players who cared as much as him all season, we'd have been safe weeks ago. The bloke deserves to be playing at this level & I hope for him, that he gets a really decent move. We will be a much poorer side without him.

Well said. Garrity will be fine, deserves success, as for us....

• Like 3

On 13/04/2024 at 19:10, Dipepa delight said:

I'm.sick of disappointment fella

Sick of being short changed .

I give everything in my life every shift 120 per cent every hr at it every pound earned through graft

We were 2 -0 ,up do  the basics stand there block everything stay with your players fight fight fight for every ball dont do it first half then decide I cannot be bothered do it second half .

Years of bloody misery .

And me mate but this is the Vale and you tend to get use to it after a while.

It does get you down,especially when we give away 2-0 leads,it drives you crackers and it's very hard to take.As a Vale fan since 1960 I've witnessed seven relegations and eight promotions.

Misery and dull moments come along when you realise you are going backwards instead of forwards and that's what I tend to focus on.After our great day at Wembley I expected us to 'step up', as they say and improve but we haven't and it feels like it was a waste of time.Good recruitment along with our academy players is the key to improvement and without that there won't be another promotion anytime soon.

See you all on Tuesday.UTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

I thought Uche looked a bit surprised and gutted to be taken off if I'm honest but Loft wasn't an option. He was injurred in the warm up and was on the bench in name only.

To me, in the Lorne Street, Uche looked completely knackered. No surprise given his time off with injury. He was deservedly man of the match with his hold up play and carrying of the ball first half. He is why we were competitive with Exeter first half. After he went off we lost our means of going forward. We had nothing else. Exeter are a good side and they just pushed up and pressed the whole second half. Our defence is not good enough and a team that move the ball well, press well and cause defensive mistakes easily prevailed. I looked at the faces of the Vale players after the first Exeter goal, confidence completely drained from them. Not being able to bring Loft on was a problem. He would have caused a threat in behind and provided a target. Instead we had nothing up front. Dipepa is a goal scoring forward when he's facing forward and able to run at defences. But he's not a target man who can be played through / off. 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

I've read on twitter don't know how true it is but someone was having a go after match at players and Uche went back have words with him 

Thought taking Uche off was pivotal he was playing well in my opinion deserving a goal working his proverbial off .

So hope fan wasn't having a go at him as in my eyes he can be excluded from criticism. 

The rest well you gotta ask how you can do that to your own support who were as a one bouncing with happiness first half .

I went after 4th goal I'd seen enough .

Moore has to be amazingly lucky now for Port Vale remain league 1 club .

If he plays the same players at the back he needs sectioning .

No leadership no guts  141 goals conceded 0league 1 tells you everything you need to know and some of them are with a pretty decent keeper in Ripley.

Hold the line 

Bring out the coffin

Let's march .

If that happens I'm IN

What a totally abject season 

Who else can we play at the back?

Livid at that, more livid than any of the many screw ups this season.

2-0 up, playing well, against a side with nothing to play for and us everything on the line and we come out second half like that? It was a disgrace. How do you be so different one half to the next, first half we did everything right, got stuck in, pumped the crowd up, energy was high, moved the ball well, got in their faces and took chances.

Second half we stood off from minute one, got deeper, lacked energy and looked dead on our feet. Weir for Uche was bizarre, if Uche is tired fair enough but surely push Garrity or play Massey if Loft is injured?

That said even if you sit back as we did you to concede 4 in 35 minutes was criminal.

We've thrown away L1 status likely now and I am hard pressed to be sad about it because the club and the players 100% deserve it, we are getting what we as a club deserve, its only the fans who suffer as per usual and dont deserve it.

Its embarrassing it really is.

• Like 9

Livid at that, more livid than any of the many screw ups this season.
2-0 up, playing well, against a side with nothing to play for and us everything on the line and we come out second half like that? It was a disgrace. How do you be so different one half to the next, first half we did everything right, got stuck in, pumped the crowd up, energy was high, moved the ball well, got in their faces and took chances.
Second half we stood off from minute one, got deeper, lacked energy and looked dead on our feet. Weir for Uche was bizarre, if Uche is tired fair enough but surely push Garrity or play Massey if Loft is injured?
That said even if you sit back as we did you to concede 4 in 35 minutes was criminal.
We've thrown away L1 status likely now and I am hard pressed to be sad about it because the club and the players 100% deserve it, we are getting what we as a club deserve, its only the fans who suffer as per usual and dont deserve it.
Its embarrassing it really is.

This is where I'm at. Saturday was a complete farce, beyond any logic or reasoning and just embarrassing.
It was in our hands and they fkd it. Not just slightly or unluckily, monumentally you couldn't make it up and none of Saturday makes sense. Just another ridiculous display in a ridiculous season
  • Like 6

On 13/04/2024 at 19:09, Killersrevenge44 said:

So every penny the club made from cup runs went into team investment? You talk like she never had a penny out of the club. I'm not buying it! 

You are an obvious wind-up merchant.

The club accounts to 30 June 2023 have recently been published -

They show how much money Carol and Kevin had put in to the club up to that point.

It seems evident that their contribution amount has increased substantially since then.

If you are having difficulty understanding the accounts, please check here for an explanation -

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

This is where I'm at. Saturday was a complete farce, beyond any logic or reasoning and just embarrassing.
It was in our hands and they fkd it. Not just slightly or unluckily, monumentally you couldn't make it up and none of Saturday makes sense. Just another ridiculous display in a ridiculous season

It makes perfect sense the players give up 

• Like 1