onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

18 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Either invest in the right area next season or end up sinking like the Titanic 

Remember when months ago you we're happy as a pig in shyte telling us facilities were more important than better players 

At the end of the day you reap what you sow , The owners need to decide what priorities are most important at the club

Debt on good players is great. If we had £3m of losses and a successful team that’s more valuable, you have more chance of balancing the books through cup success and sales.

Players cost the money in football because they are the greatest asset at making it. Buildings do nothing, unless they generate money. 

Most Vale fans will pay their £26/27 quid regardless of the stadium if the players are good. If they are not, fewer will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert

2 hours ago, man in the pub said:

We haven't signed a goalscoring striker for over 12 months not because they weren't available but because of the cost. Instead if we had used the DOFs wages and signed one his goals would have kept us up. Having a DOF hasn't.

I'm for not having a dof. Only if we bring in a head scout of somesort to help dm. 

i'm only just posting as i did'nt want this to be a knee jerk whatsit, but Burton, Bristol r, Wigan and the first 45mins we were getting it together, Peterbro well apart from a couple of chances were as carol says championship ready. The team who went up the tunnel were not the ones who came back down, if they had been in the army they would have been shot for desertion. What was put in there half time drink? i thought QPR was bad but then at least we scored 4... our "players" should take a long hard look at themselves because that second half a pub team would have beaten them, Exeter could have been 6 at least.

I've done with them now, i will see what the team is in the 2nd before i go again.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Either invest in the right area next season or end up sinking like the Titanic 

Remember when months ago you we're happy as a pig in shyte telling us facilities were more important than better players 

At the end of the day you reap what you sow , The owners need to decide what priorities are most important at the club

I was saying its good we finally improved our facilities. Wasnt gonna happen on its own. Look at depepa he's a product of the academy and someone we can sell on. 

I never said it was a good thing not investing in the first team.

1 minute ago, osprey said:

Probably thinking he’ll get an easy move to a Lg 1 team in the summer 

He probably will though that's the thing. He's a decent player when he trys. We have some good midfielders who will probably be gone next year. Oh ye don't forget Grant and Sang might be gone too. I think most teams know Grant and Sang are midfielders not wingback. Good midfields too. Unless we play them in midfield when Ojo, Garrity and chiz are gone. If we go down its gonna be rough. If we stay up we have a good midfield to build around.

18 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Carol likes Long Term Contracts particularly for Substandard Employees.

Yesterday 2nd Half the whole lot downed tools.

What an Absolute Disgrace.

None of them give a **** for Port Vale or our fans.

And if she is looking to make amends, she need's to pay off most of the this team from their contracts for next season, which is going to cost her a few quid and then she needs to spend another few quid on new players that are going to give us a chance of being in the promotion hunt next season.

This summer could be her mostly costliest yet and if we think the accounts do not look very good this year, wait until we see them next year.

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

He's one of the best players on the pitch. Just doesn't want to play for us. 

He's not one of the best players on the pitch. He's actually done nothing on the pitch in the two year's that he's been at the club.

What other League One club will sign Ojo?

He will end up back at his level in Scotland or abroad but my guess he will sit on his nice comfy long term contract 

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

And if she is looking to make amends, she need's to pay off most of the this team from their contracts for next season, which is going to cost her a few quid and then she needs to spend another few quid on new players that are going to give us a chance of being in the promotion hunt next season.

This summer could be her mostly costliest yet and if we think the accounts do not look very good this year, wait until we seem them next year.

It's hard to believe how what looked to be a positive thriving business has capitulated to such a degree. You could not make it up. 'It's like Terry Mcdermott once said to me "How do you make a million in a football club/ ans: Invest £10 million", he lost money in shares at Newcastle and Celtic I believe.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I think Garrity was in tears at the end yesterday. He cares.

Really feel for Ben. We all know how much he cares about this club & the fans it’s just a shame none of the others do. He’s the only one I will be sad to see leave. He deserves so much better 😢 

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

He's one of the best players on the pitch. Just doesn't want to play for us. 

I’m not so sure pal, he’s a half decent league 1 player at a push. No top half team will be signing him that’s for sure. Wouldn’t be suprised if he ends up at another league 2 side next season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

I’m not so sure pal, he’s a half decent league 1 player at a push. No top half team will be signing him that’s for sure. Wouldn’t be suprised if he ends up at another league 2 side next season 

I'm not sure either. Gonna have to see what happens.

• Like 1