onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

1 hour ago, Stockleys_socks said:

If we have 4 strikers on the books, explain to me the types of strikers you would have. I bet a big number 9 would be amongst them. If so, give me a list of league 2 number 9s who would do a better job than uche.

Matt Smith, Joe Ironside, Danilo Orso, Andy Cook, Ellis Harrison, Macaulay Wagstaff, Danny Rose, Harry Smith, Jack Muldoon, Matt Stevens, Will Evans.

• Like 5

Advert

1 hour ago, grand prix pants said:

Who were our forwards last time in League 2? Wilson, Proctor, Harratt, Edmondson? Have I missed anyone? We’ll need to add a couple of good uns to match that.

Politic 

7 hours ago, Valiiant said:

And the vast majority of them will be out of our reach for numerous reasons. I'm no fan of Uche. I wouldn't care less if both him and Loft were on the move as long as they are replaced. But out of the two, I think he has a bit more of the nuisance factor than Loft. If we were a League Two club and we signed Ikpeazu I think most would be saying what a great signing it is.

That’s a good point. Many people on here think we should be signing guys from the national league. Would they really be better than a bloke who was playing Championship footballl as recently as 2023? 

I am shocked at how bad Uche has been but if you want to to know what has been really worrying, it is how many players have managed to look much worse since Moore arrived. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, cast said:

I’d say that’s a relegation chasing side 

Nonsense. Chislett, Garrity and Ojo are League One quality. Clark is a good League Two player when fit. Same with Smith. Dipepa will be much better from having experienced some football this season. Ripley would be one of the best goalies in League Two...

I think some people are forgetting just how poor many League Two sides are. We won't be facing anything like the same quality as the top half of League One. Look how poor we made Mansfield look in the Cup last season and the only real difference in that side were the two loanees.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Barrow have Dom Telford and Cole Stockton. 

We have Ryan Loft and Uche Ikpeazu.

Barrow have missed out on the league two playoffs.

Stockton got 7 in 12. Telford only 4. 
But two seasons ago, Telford got 25 in league 2 at the age of 28. Stockton got 23 in league 1 at the age of 28.

Uche will be 30 in February and hasn’t hit a barn door in his career. 
It won’t start now. 
It won’t start in August. 
It won’t start in August 2025. 
He’s garbage. 

I don’t want my strikers to do a “job”. I want them to score or contribute to goals. 
He can’t do either. 
It’s as simple as that. 

I would take Cole Stockton right now.

If he came, I would feel a little bit more confident of trying to get into the top 7.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Matt Smith, Joe Ironside, Danilo Orso, Andy Cook, Ellis Harrison, Macaulay Wagstaff, Danny Rose, Harry Smith, Jack Muldoon, Matt Stevens, Will Evans.

I quite like the idea of Ironside Stevens pairing , but we need to sign some one to create for them 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Nonsense. Chislett, Garrity and Ojo are League One quality. Clark is a good League Two player when fit. Same with Smith. Dipepa will be much better from having experienced some football this season. Ripley would be one of the best goalies in League Two...

I think some people are forgetting just how poor many League Two sides are. We won't be facing anything like the same quality as the top half of League One. Look how poor we made Mansfield look in the Cup last season and the only real difference in that side were the two loanees.

Ojo is not League One quality. I have never seen someone with such a bad attitude than Ojo to put on a Vale shirt. If he was to go in the summer, he would be very lucky to end up with a League One club.

Ripley's conceded 154 league goals in 2 seasons. What make's you think he would be one of the best goalkeeper's in League Two?

How many times have you watched the rest of the goalkeeper's In League Two on a regular basis to compare them to Ripley?

• Like 4

"together we’re absolutely determined to bring success back to this club."

9 days later - "Uche Ikpeazu remains in conversation with the club with regards to renewed terms"

Lessons are never, ever learnt at the club.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

I would take Cole Stockton right now.

If he came, I would feel a little bit more confident of trying to get into the top 7.

Why would we sign a proven goalscorer in Stockton when we can re sign uche he's Guaranteed to score at least a couple of goals next season 😂...it's early days Brian but it seems lessons aren't being learnt at the vale 😬🫣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Barrow have Dom Telford and Cole Stockton. 

We have Ryan Loft and Uche Ikpeazu.

Barrow have missed out on the league two playoffs.

Stockton got 7 in 12. Telford only 4. 
But two seasons ago, Telford got 25 in league 2 at the age of 28. Stockton got 23 in league 1 at the age of 28.

Uche will be 30 in February and hasn’t hit a barn door in his career. 
It won’t start now. 
It won’t start in August. 
It won’t start in August 2025. 
He’s garbage. 

I don’t want my strikers to do a “job”. I want them to score or contribute to goals. 
He can’t do either. 
It’s as simple as that. 

Are you conveniently ignoring the season he scored 14 goals for Cambridge in league 2 because it doesn't fit your dialogue? 🙂

7 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Chislett and garrity won’t be with us.

Clarke is never fit. 
Ojo isn’t interested. 
We outplayed Mansfield with our quality loanees. We just squeezed past relegated Sutton at home and beat Crewe but we completely outplayed. This squad is not remotely good enough. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Are you conveniently ignoring the season he scored 14 goals for Cambridge in league 2 because it doesn't fit your dialogue? 🙂

Would you like talk about narrative ?

How many times Uche got into double figures? Just the once, over 6 years ago.

Do you know what his best goal scoring season return figure is after that? Just the 6

Do you know how many league goals Uche's scored in the past 5 seasons? Just the 17

What an absolute poor excuse for a footballer he is. 

1 fooking goal, just 1 fooking goal and 1 assist for us and we want to resign him

• Like 4

It's very simple for me.

Cole Stockton would be a great shout. With Burton staying up, he's clearly surplus to requirements there. And surely we could offer a better package than Barrow.

There is our first striker.

Then we need to cherry pick someone from another smaller club, such as Will Evans or Klaidi Lolos. Carol to fund this to correct her mistakes.

There is our 2nd striker.

Then you've got Dipepa 3rd choice, and Loft 4th choice.

I think Uche will reject us personally, but let's see.

• Like 2

I quite like the idea of Ironside Stevens pairing , but we need to sign some one to create for them 
Indeed. Central midfield would be the first priority for me. At least 2 players who can actually get on the ball and play.