onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

2 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Really?

Please share your inside knowledge, how much is the playing budget this season?

Take a look on the pitch. Our best players were freebie loans. We have a squad nowhere near even an average mid table team in the league. 

• Like 1

Advert

8 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Well no, that’s because we had a league 2 budget in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Really?

Please share your inside knowledge, how much is the playing budget this season?

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Take a look on the pitch. Our best players were freebie loans. We have a squad nowhere near even an average mid table team in the league. 

So you just made up the assertion about "a league 2 budget" with no basis for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Alan Vit said:

So you just made up the assertion about "a league 2 budget" with no basis for it.

The basis is who is on the pitch, the players, their backgrounds in the game and how far they are in standard behind those in even the most average league 1 squad. 

It is not a league 1 squad with league 1 players. We have not a single player who was a proven league 1 regular when we signed them. Maybe Massey or Ojo but the rest? Cheap punts or crocks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

The basis is who is on the pitch, the players, their backgrounds in the game and how far they are in standard behind those in even the most average league 1 squad. 

It is not a league 1 squad with league 1 players. We have not a single player who was a proven league 1 regular when we signed them. Maybe Massey or Ojo but the rest? Cheap punts or crocks. 

You don't need to be a genius to compare signing Uche and Wilson with a lower end budget do you.

Alfie May quite possibly could of been a realistic target. Cheltenham are a smaller fish than us. Double his wages. Instead he went to Charlton. 

Our departed DOF claimed ( personally think it's fantasy island talk ), that we went in for the best striker in League 2. So in my eyes thats Mullen or Langstaff. No proof have I but what a load of hot air . No chance we were in for them.

We might at a push of got a Sutton player.

You get what you pay for. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

You don't need to be a genius to compare signing Uche and Wilson with a lower end budget do you.

Alfie May quite possibly could of been a realistic target. Cheltenham are a smaller fish than us. Double his wages. Instead he went to Charlton. 

Our departed DOF claimed ( personally think it's fantasy island talk ), that we went in for the best striker in League 2. So in my eyes thats Mullen or Langstaff. No proof have I but what a load of hot air . No chance we were in for them.

We might at a push of got a Sutton player.

You get what you pay for. 

Wasn't that the lad from Bradford who scored for fun at Swindon? ah just remembered Young was his name,has he been playing for Bradford? maybe still a target

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Wasn't that the lad from Bradford who scored for fun at Swindon? ah just remembered Young was his name,has he been playing for Bradford? maybe still a target

Well he didn't name him . I'd of said the two I mentioned were the best 2 in the division. Let's remember Young couldn't get in the team and hit a hot streak.

Who knows with DF. Hot air little substance. 

He scored 11 in 80 games. Then suddenly 16 in 25 at Swindon. Out with hamstring injury so he'd fit perfectly 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Well he didn't name him . I'd of said the two I mentioned were the best 2 in the division. Let's remember Young couldn't get in the team and hit a hot streak.

Who knows with DF. Hot air little substance. 

He scored 11 in 80 games. Then suddenly 16 in 25 at Swindon. Out with hamstring injury so he'd fit perfectly 😉

I thought at the time he said it was a player we could make money on in the future so that's why a good fee was involved(as you say though could be hot air as usual),he also said we were after an attacking full back from Sheff Wed and might go back for him in the summer....maybe that's still one for DM

• Like 1

I said in another thread how i would love to see us bring in a striker like Michael Smith/Lee Gregory(obviously the wages would need to be decent) but an experienced striker like either of those would score at League 2 level.... like Matt Smith did/does at Salford

Pie in the sky i know but we will see soon enough i guess

27 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I said in another thread how i would love to see us bring in a striker like Michael Smith/Lee Gregory(obviously the wages would need to be decent) but an experienced striker like either of those would score at League 2 level.... like Matt Smith did/does at Salford

Pie in the sky i know but we will see soon enough i guess

Stevens from FGR has just gone out of the league and his contract is up his record below , what do you guys think 

IMG_0226.png

6 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Stevens from FGR has just gone out of the league and his contract is up his record below , what do you guys think 

IMG_0226.png

Was scoring plenty of goals for FGR then got a bad injury but came back scoring goals again,so it's a fair shout imo