onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Run In

Thought I'd take a few mins to put together a handy guide to the remaining games for us, and the other teams battling it out to avoid relegation to league 2.

Enjoy.

Port Vale

Monday 1st April

Northampton Town V Port Vale

Saturday 6th April

Wigan Athletic V Port Vale

Wednesday 10th April

Peterborough United V Port Vale

Saturday 13th April

Port Vale V Exeter City

Tuesday 16th April

Port Vale V Wycombe Wanderers

Saturday 20th April

Bolton Wanderers V Port Vale

Saturday 27th April

Port Vale V Cambridge United

Reading

Monday 1st April

Bolton Wanderers V Reading

Saturday 6th April

Reading V Lincoln City

Tuesday 9th April

Bristol Rovers V Reading

Saturday 13th April

Barnsley V Reading

Saturday 20th April

Burton Albion V Reading

Saturday 27th April

Reading V Blackpool

Shrewsbury

Monday 1st April

Bristol Rovers V Shrewsbury Town

Saturday 6th April

Portsmouth V Shrewsbury Town

Saturday 13th April

Shrewsbury Town V Wycombe Wanderers

Tuesday 16th April

Bolton Wanderers V Shrewsbury Town

Saturday 20th April

Charlton Athletic V Shrewsbury Town

Saturday 27th April

Shrewsbury Town V Leyton Orient

Cambridge

Monday 1st April

Cambridge United V Wigan Athletic

Saturday 6th April

Blackpool v Cambridge United

Saturday 13th April

Cambridge United v Charlton Athletic

Tuesday 16th April

Bristol Rovers v Cambridge United

Saturday 20th April

Cambridge United v Derby County

Tuesday 23rd April

Cambridge United v Wycombe Wanderers

Saturday 27th April

Port Vale v Cambridge United

Burton

Monday 1st April

Burton Albion V Barnsley

Saturday 6th April

Burton Albion V Oxford United

Saturday 13th April

Stevenage V Burton Albion

Tuesday 16th April

Burton Albion V Cheltenham Town

Saturday 20th April

Burton Albion V Reading

Saturday 27th April

Fleetwood Town V Burton Albion

Cheltenham

Monday 1st April

Cheltenham Town V Exeter City

Saturday 6th April

Leyton Orient V Cheltenham Town

Tuesday 9th April

Cheltenham Town V Carlisle United

Saturday 13th April

Cheltenham Town V Bristol Rovers

Tuesday 16th April

Burton Albion V Cheltenham Town

Saturday 20th April

Cheltenham Town V Lincoln City

Tuesday 23rd April

Cheltenham Town V Peterborough United

Saturday 27th April

Stevenage V Cheltenham Town

Fleetwood

Monday 1st April

Oxford United V Fleetwood Town

Tuesday 9th April

Blackpool V Fleetwood Town

Saturday 13th April

Fleetwood Town V Northampton Town

Tuesday 16th April

Peterborough United V Fleetwood Town

Saturday 20th April

Leyton Orient V Fleetwood Town

Saturday 27th April

Fleetwood Town V Burton Albion

• Thanks 4

Advert

12 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Cheltenham look to have an easy run in.  Basically it’s up to us to win enough games.

I don't really see anything that stands out as particularly challenging or easy at this point.  That's probably due to the league being so tight.  As you say we just need to focus on picking up points for ourselves.  I certainly feel a bit more optimistic given the last 2 games.  

• Like 1

Burton still have to play Barnsley, Oxford, Stevenage A, Cheltenham, Reading, Fleetwood A

a side in the play-offs + 2 just outside

relegation 6 pointers with Cheltenham and Fleetwood

===

Cambridge still have to play Wigan, Blackpool A, Charlton, Rovers A, Derby, Wycombe, us

Derby are in the automatics, Blackpool 4 points off the play offs, relegation 6 pointer against us on the final day at Vale Park

===

Cheltenham still have to play Exeter, Orient A, Carlisle, Rovers, Burton A, Lincoln, Peterborough, Stevenage A

Lincoln in the playoffs, Stevenage a point outside, relegation 6 pointer against Burton, Carlisle who are down but put 3 past play off chasing Pboro today

Carlisle, Fleetwood and Burton will be relegated.

Cheltenham will win loads of their games and we won't finish above them.

We will therefore need to finish above Cambridge OR Shrewsbury.

On on.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Rory said:

Carlisle, Fleetwood and Burton will be relegated.

Cheltenham will win loads of their games and we won't finish above them.

We will therefore need to finish above Cambridge OR Shrewsbury.

On on.

I think that's spot on, except Shrewsbury already have 45 points and only need 1 win. It's us or Cambridge I feel.  I have a horrible feeling some of those ridiculous dropped points, e.g. Fleetwood will do for us in the end, sadly. Hope to God I'm wrong

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

I think that's spot on, except Shrewsbury already have 45 points and only need 1 win. It's us or Cambridge I feel.  I have a horrible feeling some of those ridiculous dropped points, e.g. Fleetwood will do for us in the end, sadly. Hope to God I'm wrong

I think teams may need as many as 50 points this season to stay up. Shrewsbury are obviously best placed, similar position to us last season.  Fleetwood and Carlisle are looking all but certain to go. They are also the 2 teams who have conceded more than us. 

Of the other 5 teams we do have the best goal scoring record, which may count in our favour. Lyle Taylor went off injured for Cambridge yesterday. Lloyd went off injured for Cheltenham,  who are missing Matt Taylor. We have lost Wilson but he's not been that effective this season. 4 goals, 3 from open play; a goal every 411 or 545 minutes respectively and no assist all season. We also have Uche coming back and the fast developing Dipepa. The big thing for us from yesterday is Garrity, although he seemed to be moving relatively well when he came off. Shrewsbury are abysmal at scoring, while Burton are little better. The next 6 games are going down to who wins the most, a draw is just marginally better than a defeat. Hopefully we'll be in a better position than those around us to score the goals to get more wins.

• Like 3

Exciting it is 

No reason why Vale cannot gather momentum. 

The difference in yesyerday home performance and the one v Oxford was like a different team had stepped on the pitch .

We probably put  more tackles in yesterday's  than majority of games I've seen at home .

It was great to see Chislett putting tackle after tackle in also Sang 

There's definitely been a mentality shift. 

Every player including subs looks bang up for the fight .

I'm impressed I like the fact Uches had some minutes .

Must concentrate on own performances yesterday's performance was summed up by how little Connor Ripley had to do 7 more games like that and who knows 

Should imagine the Northampton game will sell well after yesterday .

Certainly should go with more of the same what producing v Burton and BR .

Lots of twists and turns left 

Edited by Dipepa delight

It goes to show that whatever the fixtures,you can never predict

Posh losing to Carlisle at home?

As long as we have a chance v Cambridge and it's in our own hands then that'll be as good as we can hope for considering the run we have had

Moore has managed to string together consecutive wins and clean sheets

We have a chance...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

4 for relegation….

Carlisle

Fleetwood

Port Vale

Burton

Hope I’m wrong but can’t see us doing it.

Before Friday I’d have had it as Vale or Cambridge, but can’t help thinking they’ll get a bigger lift from the Barnsley win than we have from our last two games. Out locally last night and U’s fans I was talking to now sounded just as optimistic as us, if not more so, thinking they’ll easily roll over Wigan tomorrow and be safe before they play us.

May be all change again come 5pm tomorrow- squeaky bum time for sure!

• Like 2

Over 46 games get what you deserve so if one of 4 it's deserved 

We have 7 x90 plus extra time to make sure that's not the case .

Before Fridays excellent performance I was thinking we maybe hanging around bottom of league 2, next season around this time but after Fri I'm thinking Darren Moore can get us winning most of remaining games and next season we maybe be championship ready such was the excellence of the display especially the fantastic change in mentality since Oxford no show .

So for me lots look forwards poorly at present but Vales certainly a much better watch now than for many a season .

Fridays all round commitment best since seen since under M Adams and Horton and the great man himself Rudge. 

Moore of that and we staying up as someone else will get dragged in for sure .

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 1

Although Cheltenham have games that look winnable at home I am hopeful that our games at Peterborough and Bolton may see them safely in the play offs with no chance of automatics.

Our other games are against sides with no ambition of play offs or relegation.

We can but hope!