onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Option for DOF or similar role

On 27/03/2024 at 06:56, Rockape99 said:

The question is how many of 2 year contracts  have relegation release clauses in there agreed contracts. I bet Ben G and Ripley have as they are the only ones worth keeping 

They will have clauses where they will have a reduction in wages but not a clause where they will be released if they are relegated 

• Like 1

Advert

5 hours ago, rob1983 said:
On 27/03/2024 at 14:49, Essex Vale said:
Yes that is a fair point.  However, in theory they were all good signings. Rocastle had a good pedigree and reputation, as did Edwards.  Tudor had ripped us apart at Orient and Miller also had a good pedigree.  None of them worked out agreed, but at the time they were signed we were all pretty content.  Perhaps they did not work out so well because Martin was not the ideal manager to get the best out of them.
We need to look at all of the Tinman's signings.  Other signings for us that were not so bad, Dean Smith, Nathan Lowndes, Robin Hulbert. Mark MacGregor, 
Signings who were more than ok, Marc Richards, Leon Constantine, Akpo Sodje, Luke Rodgers, Danny Whittaker, Danny Sonner, Tony Dinning, Paul Harsley..  Any of those strikers or midfielders would walk into our team right now.  All of that lot cost us in the order of £50,000 in total.
To sum up someone's success at recruitment you need to look at the big picture not just one small period in the calendar.  The great John Rudge signed some awful players, signings is a percentage game.  Overall, Martin Foyle's record is decent.  
So with respect, I was around in 2007, and have been around watching Vale for over 60 years and my memory is pretty damn good.

Dean Smith and hulbert need to be added to the awful signings list aswell!

Hulbert was OK in a holding role. He was no world beater but he did the simple stuff well enough.

• Like 3

It’s either an almighty coincidence, or we seem to be playing much better now Flitcroft has gone. Really positive football. And not just two clean sheets - but clean sheets where the opponents have hardly been allowed a decent shot on goal.

I’m interested to know how far did his tentacles actually reach - and what was just a bit of a myth? Did he essentially decide on the tactics (the starting 11?). Moore’s interviews? (Which sound a bit less like the generic dour interviews Crosby used to give - or is that just because we’re winning)

Or was he just one of those morale-sucking big bosses who wander around the office all day, ruling over the place, who everyone is slightly fearful of? And now he’s gone it’s like a whole new workplace. 

Interesting to me anyway….

Edited by DaneValiant
  • Like 2

I believe the players blamed him for sacking Crosby and not doing anything positive in the window . When he went it was a fresh start for all with DM . Respect to DM as well he’s getting the best out of this unbalanced squad . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

I believe the players blamed him for sacking Crosby and not doing anything positive in the window . When he went it was a fresh start for all with DM . Respect to DM as well he’s getting the best out of this unbalanced squad . 

Only the players would know but Funso who was vocal about Croz going has suddenly put together two strong performances again. Thats just putting two and two together.

The team is certainly playing with a lot more energy now you’d certainly say that.

I thought this was an interesting interview generally but particularly for later bits where Les Ferdinand talks about his cxperiences as DoF at QPR. Different club with different problems but still interesting to compare and contrast to Vale.

How about Phil Sproson For DoF?

No thank you.

Foyle or someone with a similar track record. I don't want Sproson who'll only be interested in pushing his own players or Legge who has 0 experience. We tried the 0 experience route with Flitcroft/Crosby and look where that got us
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Walka003 said:

No thank you.

Foyle or someone with a similar track record. I don't want Sproson who'll only be interested in pushing his own players or Legge who has 0 experience. We tried the 0 experience route with Flitcroft/Crosby and look where that got us

How are Toby Edser and Adam Crookes those Forest legends Sproey foisted upon us 🤔