onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Baylee Dipepa

Advert

12 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Let's not go crazy.

He's done okay.

17 years old though and we're expecting him to save us from relegation? Very poor from the club.

Would be nice if we could now sell him for a couple of million to fund a L2 title push (plus Carol adding in more to pay for her mistakes).

If we did get a few bob for him it won’t go on the team budget 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Alfie1962 said:

Baylee came in aged 7yrs and so he had 7yrs of coaching prior to the last 3 yrs. A lot of work was put in with Baylee regarding nutrition, diet sheets and fitness levels. This allowed him to develop his natural talent. Without these early interventions he would not be where he is now. Credit goes to Sevvy and the previous academy coaching staff

It does, as well as the current coaching staff. 2 goals on his debut, well done Baylee.

Edited by ValeForever.
  • Like 1

The groundwork was done at a early age. Vale took him when other clubs wouldn't, I was there. Sevvy and his staff showed patience and care in the early days to enable him to get to where he is now. The ability was always there but other clubs/scouts would not take the chance.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Alfie1962 said:

The groundwork was done at a early age. Vale took him when other clubs wouldn't, I was there. Sevvy and his staff showed patience and care in the early days to enable him to get to where he is now. The ability was always there but other clubs/scouts would not take the chance.

Nobody is denying that. Just find it amazing that Baylee getting called up & scoring for England turns into a Flitcroft/current regime bashing opportunity. He was clearly looked after in the early days & he has clearly been looked after in the past few years as well, simple as that.

Our Academy was rated something like 91 out of the 92 EFL & Prem clubs when Sevvy was in charge... talk to me about that.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Nobody is denying that. Just find it amazing that Baylee getting called up & scoring for England turns into a Flitcroft/current regime bashing opportunity. He was clearly looked after in the early days & he has clearly been looked after in the past few years as well, simple as that.

Our Academy was rated something like 91 out of the 92 EFL & Prem clubs when Sevvy was in charge... talk to me about that.

Credit should be given then if we were rated 91 from 92. We still produced Baylee, James Plant, Rhys Walters, Jack Shorrock, Liam Brazier Tommy Mcdermott and Ben Lomax. As well as selling Joel Ndala to Man City and a scouse boy, forgot his name to Huddersfield. Can you imagine what we would have produced if we were 90 from 92.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I have not named or knocked Flitcroft.

What was the rating of Vale's academy within the level 3 structure? Cannot expect to compete with Tier 1 and 2 Academies or whatever they are called nowadays.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

It's been an absolutely car crash of a season and relegation is an absolute guarantee at this point. And the office upstairs have failed the club miserably. 

However. For the first time in years we've got some decent young players coming through the ranks and it's just refreshing to see the likes of Bailey, Walters and plant playing. No one is claiming he's a world beater but for the love of God give the 17 year a old a break  instead of writing him off because he's in a bad team. He's just scored two goals for the national team under 17s. What have you done with your life ? 

"Fans" like you are exactly the problem with modern day football. Saying he's leek town level is a joke and disgrace and yet if he was to bang in a hat trick next week you'd be loving him 

Shame on you for slating the young man. 

Totally agree with what you are saying, but you can not deny he was playing for England with and against other 17 year olds. My issue is with our club gambling this season on thinking that this was the answer to where we find ourselves currently. I really hope that Bailey, Plant and Walter's and any of the other up and coming hopefuls go on to have a successful career. At 17 imo he and the others are not and should not have been the answer for this shambles we are in, and could be as damaging to the youngsters careers short and long term as much psychologically as physically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

League 2 won't be the place for our talented kids to show their quality.

In the past plenty of young talent at Crewe showed their qualities in league 2. Historically it was said that you got more time on the ball the higher up the leagues you played and that suited better players. I'm not sure that's true today.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PortVale4Life said:

The only reason he has been involved is because the squad is so <ovf censored>. It’s nothing to do with his ability. That’s why all the other kids have played. What a load of bollox. Nothing do with the current regime. Unless you mean assembling a squad so <ovf censored> we need to rely on a kid up front is the way to go! 

"Nothing to do with his ability"

Bizarre statement !!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, andy jones said:

League 2 won't be the place for our talented kids to show their quality.

Everyone keeps saying they need to go to the conference to get experience...but as I see it it's no different to division 2 football 🤔

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Splodger said:

Everyone keeps saying they need to go to the conference to get experience...but as I see it it's no different to division 2 football 🤔

Its always worked for Crewe! We've arguably morphed into them with a great youth set up but not great first team so maybe we will end up in that cycle, the kids will come good, we go up, flog them, back down again.

Crewe fans seem to have accepted that process but we wont, Micky Adams actually refers to this difference in mentality between Vale and Crewe fans in his autobiography! 

• Like 1