onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

4 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

My biggest gripe with Carol is that many of her comments about the club create the impression that she has bought a small, minor division club with no history like Stevenage or something. 

I genuinely think she believes the current situation isn’t that bad and we are somehow punching above our weight being in league 1 in the first place. That’s certainly the flavour of things I get from the letter. 

what about a poll and send it to carol, in a open letter...

• Like 1

Advert

46 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

As bad as Jones was he’s been thrown to the dogs being picked at LB.  Our options on the left side of defence dictated by the shortcomings in the squad, which go back to one man.  Forget Dan Jones, the real villain of the piece is our DoF for not addressing the issue after Benning left.

He is a centre back best in the middle as he proved in September run of games , we actually not done anything without out him at CB. But I agree the lack of right and left full backs is 50% of the reason we are in this mess .

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, valeparklife said:

image.png.99a2b5ebd5a0146ebf4bb32e5f2ea3e7.png

We're breaking all sorts of records this season!

Allegedly our Management team are big fans of analysing Stats. Wonder what they make of this one ?

1. Phenomenal

2. The Players wives say everything will be OK

3. Maybe , just Maybe all those fans calling for Flitcroft out might just know what they are talking about.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

If you don’t mind we saying, that’s just plain wrong.

If there is a queue in the concourse go outside into the fanzone or into tommys 

Seriously I don’t go out until the HT whistle has gone and I’ve got a pint within minutes 

Heard an interesting chat today at Old Trafford manage to wangle some corporate tickets and heard a conversation with some possible coaches maybe? with regards to Dan Gore it's safe to say we won't see him in a Vale Short this season reason being is the United hierarchy don't want him part of a squad that is in a relegation battle as it could skew his development don't give me grief it's just a conversation I heard by people I have no idea whom they were but it actually makes you think there could be some truth in it.

Edited by Southern_Valiant

15 minutes ago, Southern_Valiant said:

Heard an interesting chat today at Old Trafford manage to wangle some corporate tickets and heard a conversation with some possible coaches maybe? with regards to Dan Gore it's safe to say we won't see him in a Vale Short this season reason being is the United hierarchy don't want him part of a squad that is in a relegation battle as it could skew his development don't give me grief it's just a conversation I heard by people I have no idea whom they were but it actually makes you think there could be some truth in it.

never mind eh ?

23 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

If there is a queue in the concourse go outside into the fanzone or into tommys 

Seriously I don’t go out until the HT whistle has gone and I’ve got a pint within minutes 

i stay in me flat !🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GrumpyGit said:

Ainsworth: - If you want boring hoof and run, <ovf censored>, cheating and clogging football.

Yes please got to be better than this sh!t show to see a tackle would be lovely and to see someone run well that would be spoiling us and as for a productive hoof into an opposition box to fight for a loose ball an maybe create a shot on target would be great and an improvement on this ultra entertaining p!ssing around with it in our own half waiting for the inevitable mistake to gift the opposition a goal then creating the massive no shots on target that's none a big fat zip zilch zero shots on target then I'm in ring Mr ainsworth now 👍👍👍

For all the clamouring for Ainsworth, he is on record saying he's touring with his band and quite happy doing that.

Plus bar his playing career here and short spell at Lincoln the bloke has spent his entire life managing down South - he seems to be settled near London and has plenty of interests outside football. 

Why on EARTH would he come here? Please none of this "he loves the club", its a business to him like it is any other manager. 

He'd come if it was worth relocating and was financially recompensed for his time to a high degree. 

In our current state NEITHER of those things are at all likely. 

Moore was who everyone wanted 7 games ago, now we want rid - dare I suggest the problem is not the manager? It goes deeper than that, to the core and ethos of the whole football club where failure is accepted, critique is dismissed and frowned upon, external scrutiny blocked out and where a belief that off the pitch community work somehow entitles us to be in the top ten of this division. 

Edited by Granville
  • Like 3

Moore may not work out. 
That’s up for debate when he gets his own squad. 
But anyone clamoring to sack him already and keeping quiet on David Flitcroft, seriously needs to give their head a massive wobble.

You get rid of the problem first. Then deal with other potential problems later.

Flitcroft is a proven problem.

Get him gone. 
The man is a cancer.

• Like 8