onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

Was that DF sitting next to Carol with his shades on yesterday I’m sure I could see him from the Hamil as it was not sunny is he already in disguise 

I hope I’m wrong but I think we got a bigger problem with the manager 

Just someone put a <ovf censored> tackle in seriously u will see more commitment down the fields this morning

Worst game of the season for me that was absolutely pathetic effort from the majority 

I’m Away next weekend if we lose that ill be going away easter Friday and not Saturday 

Easter Friday will be a shocking attendance and carol and DF will be sitting there all cosy 🙈

• Like 1

Advert

1 minute ago, Rockape99 said:

Rumour is Moore has laid in to them and they don’t like it as it not what they got with Crosby 

What do they expect, bunch of princesses.

If you constantly under perform at work and constantly fail to do what you're paid to do, the manager isn't going to give you a cuddle you just get replaced with someone who can do the job.

• Like 6

It all boils down to the players. 

Are they any good?    Are they injured?      Will we make money if we sell?     Do we own them?

The rest of the ? could include     Are they flexible or a leader and show good character?

Flitcroft is in a job that is tough, loads of players around, most of which are useless or expensive has beens.

So I like the youth approach, but to get promotion out of League 2 and stagnate, perhaps even go backwards with recruiting, is criminal.

No point singling out individuals, but I will Jones is not fit and Clarke not fit, so we play wingbacks and if Jones or Clarke go past the halfway line they cannot get back to defend, they are knackered.

So we rely on Massey and Mighten to help them out. (not the best defenders in the world, but they should be not required to do that all the time).

So as a DoF you have the choice, give Jones a 2 year contract when he is useful for a long throw and will fill a gap, or go and find a player that has the pace, strength to play a wingback role.

Tough role need to be solid in defence and create chances in attack.

We moan about the lack of strikers, but the defence is our main issue.

We drop so deep, because no player trusts the other to do their job, hence we concede easy goals by basically getting in our own way.

So do we blame the Players. Manager or DoF?   

Budget helps obviously. But we are not ruthless and have a team, who think all they need to do is turn up, put up with a few boos and go home with the money. (again the youth team, again earn money, but hopefully they WANT to improve).

We have been here before, yeah it is frustrating, but even though I mentioned the players above. We have all had days/jobs/injury/things we can put off, so we do not perform at 100%.

Happens in life and sport.

So I am a HC in theory, but chances given have to prove results. DM what can you do with 25 men, who are in a struggle (even Warnock gave up on Aberdeen).

I have not mentioned the owners, who I believe have made the correct choice to keep us viable. But that comes at a cost, with lack of money for the first team and as the old adage "too many cooks spoil the broth" behind the scenes.

Think that is my longest ever post 🙂 lessons need to be put into progress. UTV

Edited by ginginator
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

SOMEHOW win v Burton and SOMEHOW we're back in the survival mix ....

It's certainly the HOPE that kills you.....👀😂

I’ve got more chance of getting an OBE than us winning on Saturday 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Rumour is Moore has laid in to them and they don’t like it as it not what they got with Crosby 

Rubbish. Crosby, DC, Moore… all managers dish it out at some point. It’s how the players react. They aren’t reacting. 

15 hours ago, cheeky said:

I came to terms with relegation a few weeks ago. I have a ST so I’ll still go the matches but the truth is, the only part of the match day experience I enjoy is going to the Bulls Head and trying the craft IPA of the week. It all goes down hill after that.

I might get a season ticket for the Bulls Head next season instead! 🍺 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Compare today to a far more even game at their place so what’s happened in the interim?  Quite simply David Flitcroft, master of all things football, has taken us backwards through his sheer incompetence.  

Oh the game in September where they had two sent off and it required a penalty in injury time to win.  Crosby could do no wrong then, the adage be careful what you wish for comes to mind.

• Confused 1

Why aren’t the players reacting?? It is because they don’t really know what to do?? They just don’t care as most will be off in the Summer?? They are ahot of confidence? Other reasons? 

Oxford made the game very simple yesterday. They played in triangles and had people who were able to run with the ball. They were also better than us at set pieces at both ends of the pitch.

I would definitely change things (again) for Burton as that clearly didn’t work yesterday. 

Ripley

Smith-Debrah-Kasper-Yak

Massey-Garrity-Ojo-Mighten

Loft-Wilson

We need a Pulis-style mentality / set-up now, a clear plan is getting the ball forward and battling for 2nd balls or wide and balls into the box. Nothing fancy. Yes, 4 CB’s across the back line as Mighten did nothing defensively yesterday. For all his detractors, at least chased and looked like he might boot someone.

3 hours ago, GrumpyGit said:

Oh the game in September where they had two sent off and it required a penalty in injury time to win.  Crosby could do no wrong then, the adage be careful what you wish for comes to mind.

But at least we played with pride.

I keep saying it....we are worse under Moore.

I somehow lasted at the game until the point where Wilson aimed a cross field ball to DiPepa...straight out of play.

Then the interviews....God help us,although,I don't think he actually could 

Carol has allowed Fraudcroft to help assemble this squad and we are stuck with them next season. His process is appalling ..it has no substance. Get loans in,they go back,get more loans in. The only striker we have signed is Uche. Even an idiot knows you won't score goals with no strikers. Arblaster made Ojo look decent. Devine carried the MF when he'd gone. I actually think Ollie will get young player of the season and he hasn't played since December.

Owen Dale has made 15 appearances and 13 as sub with 2 goals and 2 assists. Jones made him look like Messi. This was playing against a team that got hammered 5-0 on Tuesday.

Yesterday will have been the last straw for a lot of fans. They've already started disappearing where I sit...over 20 home defeats in 2 seasons ..Carol...you are ruining the club with your patronizing appointment of El Presidente and your snotty condescending letter to the fans backed by an obnoxious arrogant fool who announced he isnt thinking of relegation 

Edited by DazFred
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I dodged the bullet on this one. I had got it in my head that we were away and by the time I realised we were at home it was too late. I watched some of the game on ifollow and interestingly we looked even worse through that medium than actually being there. In fact we were just so bad that I couldn't even watch it from my comfy armchair. All their usual failings seemed to be magnified with no footballing ability, no pride, heart or fight and absolutely clueless in seemingly each and every situation. The question is on another thread, but here's the answer. Yes, this is the worst Vale team ever.

• Like 3

I sat in the Paddock yesterday totally disinterested in the game as the whole set up on and off the pitch stinks of hypocrity and mediocrity. The condition of the portaloos prior to entering the ground leaves a lot to be desired. There is no spine to the team, literally, no cohesion with themselves nor the fans. The club has gone from a position of positive strength to one of despair and eventual ruin (again). "All fur coat no knickers", total hypocricy, abject performance and desire. There could be financial reasons behind this capitulation in virtually all that was the 'new' Port Vale under the Shanahans, but if this were the case DM would not be here (Who also sadly does not inspire me sadly). Only one way this club is heading at the moment and we all know where that is - well those of us who do actually care. Sad, very sad. Bad decision follows bad decision, delusional ethics, motives and planning. Rant over, see you next home game for more of the same.... but maybe not next season. May be 48 years and out for me.

• Like 4