18 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

My Team 
Ripley 

sang Smith Debroah Jones 

OJO Lowe 

Massey Ben G Mighten 

Wilson 
 no changes untill Clarke  is fully Fit 

Sang is not a defender should never be playing right back.  Have a look at Shrewsbury's first goal last week and see who was ball-watching, lost his man, and cost us a sloppy goal yet again.   If we play a back 4 Smith should play there.  Whoever told him he was a centre-back did his career a huge disservice, he would make a decent right back in a back 4.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BlytheValiant said:

Sang is not a defender should never be playing right back.  Have a look at Shrewsbury's first goal last week and see who was ball-watching, lost his man, and cost us a sloppy goal yet again.   If we play a back 4 Smith should play there.  Whoever told him he was a centre-back did his career a huge disservice, he would make a decent right back in a back 4.

He can’t run and he can’t pass (smith) definitely not a right back. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rockape99 said:

I agree but do we have better ?

I really don’t rate Jones at al, and that was a clear penalty at Leyton orient and he has been poor all season and regularly gets completely out of position and personally I wouldn’t have him at tge club and how he has got a contract until the end of 2025 I just can’t comprehend and he will sit it out and get paid and get bayed and for me he wouldn’t get in the Leek town side and I completely blame for all these contract negotiations and he will ruin this(my) club if he stays and I doubt we will stay up and I worry about his appointments if he stays; Carol please get rid of him for the new manager’s sake I know you don’t control foootballing matters and this complete idiot will ruin the club you saved

• Like 3

As the season seems to be done, just to pass the time, was thinking about some of the players we've (Flitcroft) signed over the past 2/3 years AND who could/would have played in a 4231 system tomorrow/now. Just for fun (or maybe add to our depression). What about?:

Ripley

Gibbo.     Smith    Hall.       Mitch

Ojo          Pett

Garrity

Massey         Wilson         Politic

Better than what we have????

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

As the season seems to be done, just to pass the time, was thinking about some of the players we've (Flitcroft) signed over the past 2/3 years AND who could/would have played in a 4231 system tomorrow/now. Just for fun (or maybe add to our depression). What about?:

Ripley

Gibbo.     Smith    Hall.       Mitch

Ojo          Pett

Garrity

Massey         Wilson         Politic

Better than what we have????

Good team - shows he doesnt get everything wrong 👍👍

Edited by Hoppers

On 14/03/2024 at 14:23, Guitar Ray said:

I’ll be sticking to my new pre-match routine for this one.  Bacon and tomato oatcakes and a large whisky chaser for breakfast, light lunch followed by 3 or 4 pints, then whatever beer I can fit in up at the fanzone before kick off and at half time.  It’s really made a big difference, and whilst I’m not seeing much of the games I’m  enjoying them much more.

I laughed out loud, GR.  Thank for cheering me up 😂😅👏👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, WV said:

He can’t run and he can’t pass (smith) definitely not a right back. 

But he can defend. Isn’t that the job description of a right back?. ( Not a wing back that we don’t need two off.).

On 14/03/2024 at 13:23, Guitar Ray said:

I’ll be sticking to my new pre-match routine for this one.  Bacon and tomato oatcakes and a large whisky chaser for breakfast, light lunch followed by 3 or 4 pints, then whatever beer I can fit in up at the fanzone before kick off and at half time.  It’s really made a big difference, and whilst I’m not seeing much of the games I’m  enjoying them much more.

What you having for tea 😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

I laughed out loud, GR.  Thank for cheering me up 😂😅👏👏

They say laughter is the best medicine, this may be true, but it hasn’t healed the cuts on my hands from when I fell up the steps going into the Hamil last week.