onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

For preparation to play in L2 how about some players that are fit, playing in their right positions. Preferably these players will not be bottle jobs who give up 34 seconds in after yet another team strolls through our static defence for a gift of a goal. 

Also, how about cutting the non playing staff down to a level commensurate with a L2 club.

How about getting the toilets fixed .

Maybe trying not to be patronising to your supporters and perhaps actually communicating when things are not going well, instead of disappearing without trace.

Give the supporters a little bit of hope and a team that looks like they are trying and you never know, we may just end up in a virtuous rather than a vicious circle. 

Here's hoping. 

• Like 4

Advert

12 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I'd also guess at least one of Garrity and Chislett will be sold as 10+ goals in a poor side from midfield won't be sniffed at by some.

Agree. Certainly going to be a challenge keeping hold of these 2. And, even though Ojo has done my head in a bit recently, when his head's on, he's decent.

I reckon Ojo, Garrity and Chissy is a decent midfield 3 in league 2. For me, better than what we went up with. 

Just the small matter of the defence and attack.

Hoping Auntie Carol is going splash some cash, as well as clearing out some sh1t3.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

We need to show some intent and keep Garrity chizzy ojo depepa rebuild around them if we can get them commit early enough this summer it will help with season tickets start losing them early and the fans are going go into even more meltdown 

Whilst on his day he's really decent I'm miffed with Ojo at times. Some things cause alarm about his character. 

Like Accrington last season. Whilst I'm not suggesting he did it for a couple of weeks off, his red card at 3-0 down with minutes left was unbelievable lack of professionalism. 

Also since Crosby left there was possibly a toys out of pram scenario. Only he knows that, but at times he's seemed less than committed. 

He's gone down in my estimation. Definitely has a flawed character. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He's gone down in my estimation. Definitely has a flawed character. 

I can't remember which ex-pro said it once but they said the thing that separates footballers most from a league above is their character and mental application to their game. 

I think we've all seen it with a number of our players over the years, flashes of brilliance and good play a level above what we are at, but they often don't kick on. Ojo's poor attitude is probably a factor, agreed.

• Like 1

We need some proper d*** heads in the side. Those players that you hate for the opposition but love in your 11. Were far too nice and don’t tackle. 

Massive clear out needed, keep if possible Garrity, Chislett, Ripley and the young lads and get rid of the rest. Ojo could be a step above this level if he’s bothered so maybe him as well. Oh clear out the manager as well. Start again. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We need some proper d*** heads in the side. Those players that you hate for the opposition but love in your 11. Were far too nice and don’t tackle. 

Massive clear out needed, keep if possible Garrity, Chislett, Ripley and the young lads and get rid of the rest. Ojo could be a step above this level if he’s bothered so maybe him as well. Oh clear out the manager as well. Start again. 

I agree. Was his name Coutts for Bristol Rovers? That 3-1 on Easter Monday a couple of seasons ago he ran the show and was a constant in the refs face. Horrible niggly individual. Someone like him would be ideal ( I'm not suggesting him by the way he's in The lower leagues in Scotland).

Last one like that for me was Griff. Snarling and getting proper stuck in. Morsy to an extent although as he was young with us he wasn't as streetwise. 

• Like 2

We are the worst side in League 1 for set pieces. 10 scored from them, and 20 conceded. -10 GD. 

Something to consider. None of the centre halves are aerially dominant. We concede loads from deep crosses. Size and height at the back is an absolute must for the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeB2 said:

We are the worst side in League 1 for set pieces. 10 scored from them, and 20 conceded. -10 GD. 

Something to consider. None of the centre halves are aerially dominant. We concede loads from deep crosses. Size and height at the back is an absolute must for the summer.

Odd one this a little as I felt Yak was early season, he didnt start v Barnsley but in that good run he seemed to win everything.

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Not a good sign when both managers this season were centre backs. 

59 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Not a good sign when both managers this season were centre backs. 

Can't exactly give players a growth spurt or the agility to jump. 

We do need more aerial presence. 

But you're right, both our managers defenders and we are one of the worst sides defensively. 

So many times trying to play football in defence instead of just hoofing it, does my nut in when these players are not equipped for that style of play. 

And a tackler in the midfield. Griff couldn't pass at all but as long as he kept it simple I thought he was fantastic for us in the middle winning the ball. 

He'd walk into this side. 

I'd rather 30% possession most games if it meant we made the most of the ball instead of just sideways and backwards play. We don't even have the creativity to unlock a defence half the time so I don't know what it achieves.

• Like 1

We lack the nous to win games.

Wycombe a fine example, they were time wasting, and as with Exeter every time we broke would hack us down... we dont do that! How many times have we conceded from a breakaway when your thinking "Why didnt he take a yellow early on in the break and stop it"

• Like 3

So who is still I contract and who isn't. 

Will tell you who I'd keep and who I want out contract or not after Cambridge .

180 mins left in league 1 who's to say Cheltenham Burton and Cambridge going get another point .

If so door opens 

The four teams who finish down there deserve finish down there .

There's twists and turns yet .

The lady is clearing her throat but until R by our name there's everything play for .