onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

Advert

Was anyone actually surprised?
Absolutely not. I went off on my hols this morning my first voluntary missed match in over 20 years. I did feel a bit distressed at missing it but when I checked the half time score I knew I'd made the right decision. Get used to it Carol because if that conman is anywhere near recruitment you can kiss goodbye to any season ticket renewal from me.

Sent from my CPH2195 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Walter said:

The manager needs to take some blame as well. He's been dealt a poor hand but he's had some more favourable fixtures and we've got one point. 

We look like we have less of a plan than under crossby. 

It's a terrible start. 

We showed more fight and played better under Will Ryder in the The Stevenage Game than any under Moore.

Taking them to a Spa really worked.

I would have them running around Hanley Forest Park till they can run no more and if they don’t improve or win the next game then I would make them run even further.

Next Week play as many young lads as possible and have the rest training somewhere, running for ninety minutes whilst the match is taking place.

Make all the failures really hate being at the club and then hopefully bin them all in the Summer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

Ignore what led to the corner and just concentrate on the routine itself. It's a cliche that gets used a lot but this was genuinely playground stuff. The overload they had on the far post in contrast to the incontinent concentrated assortment of white shirts aimlessly ballwatching from the middle was an utter disgrace.

Sang is never a defender and him being recruited into that position was a horrendous decision, but when he's been left with 3 players to mark he's on a hiding to nothing. Nevertheless, he was nowhere near the ball, as usual. It wouldn't have made a difference if he wasn't on the pitch for the opener.

Y00Ewn7.png

We don't even leave a man on the halfway line for corners, all 11 are in our own box and this farce still continues

Christ we're <ovf censored>

1 minute ago, JS Valiant said:

I would have them running around Hanley Forest Park till they can run no more and if they don’t improve or win the next game then I would make them run even further.

This will not endow any of them with any footballing ability. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

We showed more fight and played better under Will Ryder in the The Stevenage Game than any under Moore.

Taking them to a Spa really worked.

Next Week play as many young lads as possible and have the rest training somewhere, running for ninety minutes whilst the match is taking place.

Make all the failures really hate being at the club and then hopefully bin them all in the Summer.

Come on mate, this is Port Vale

If we lose, no worries, we'll go out for a bubble tea and a sisha and talk it over.

14 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

The level of ineptitude he has shown over the last 4 transfer windows and the best we can say is she might have it planned?

We're relegated mate

Looking at the table and recent performances/form it's hard to make a case for anything other than relegation.

The timing of any decision on Flitcroft will be determined by the club and not when fans demand it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Flitcroft brought in 5 players in the January window. One never made it onto the pitch before he was sent back to his parent club. Of the others only one started today. That is simply pathetic and he should be on his bike. 

God only knows what stats the ‘recruitment’ team use to find players.

Probably using ‘Horizon’ software 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, philmpv said:

@Brian johnson

I concede defeat. Today has broke me to be honest. But this has at least made me feel a bit better. See you all next season fac16c05e355c9ce2dc262aede7a3f9b.jpg

Hey Phil,

That is absolutely amazing, thank you.

I'm sorry that you had to do a lot earlier than you were expecting too or not expecting too but that is an amazing donation, thank you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I never understand this. Bring out one of our quicker players to the halfway Line and they will bring out two. So with their keeper back, a guy taking the corner and two marking our speed merchant they will only have 7 In our box instead of 9.  Does that make sense or am I being daft?

Makes a lot of sense, it’s so obvious. Add to that realistically how much is the speed merchant going to offer defensively in the box? Mighten for example is not going to be winning any balls or be good at marking, so may as well leave him up as a counter threat.

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, osprey said:

God only knows what stats the ‘recruitment’ team use to find players.

Probably using ‘Horizon’ software 

Rumours are Flitcroft has used MRKT Insights, I've looked them up and all I can say it seems full of corporate guff, and when you listen to Flitcroft you can see where he gets his inspiration.

• Like 1

I never understand this. Bring out one of our quicker players to the halfway Line and they will bring out two. So with their keeper back, a guy taking the corner and two marking our speed merchant they will only have 7 In our box instead of 9.  Does that make sense or am I being daft?
The same coaching numpties that think taking a goal kick with 2 defenders in your own 6 yard box makes sense

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It's the modern game Jean, it is compulsory for all 92 league clubs to do this, think it is in every coaching manual now.  As someone who watches a lot of football in the Premier League, everyone is the same.  I have said for years, leave 3 on the half-way line, they have to leave 4 back.  Ripley will now command his area but at times, too many players back and too many to go through.