onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

12 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

I was going to say the same , Jacks 16 with a good career ahead we should be supporting now throwing blame at him 

The issue is if they are in the first team then they will be judged - rightly or wrongly.  Feel for all the youngsters who would be better placed in the Northern Prem / National League to allow them to develop physically and professionally without being thrust into a relegation battle because of DF’s failings.

Advert

7 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

The issue is if they are in the first team then they will be judged - rightly or wrongly.  Feel for all the youngsters who would be better placed in the Northern Prem / National League to allow them to develop physically and professionally without being thrust into a relegation battle because of DF’s failings.

Again, this would just be sensible management, and again, we've done the opposite.

Dipepa, Shorrock, Walters, Lomax should all be on loan at a local non-league club this season - Newcastle Town/Leek Town/Stafford Rangers etc.

Get them used to the men's game, building up their experience.

To be expecting 16 and 17 year olds to save the club from L1 relegation just isn't fair on them.

What a mess.

• Like 7

Give me some marks from.yesterday .

Any positives .

Did anyone look bothered 

We're there shirts filthy.

Did we make Gayle look like a footballer seen his goal if Ripley stood up he could just have walked across and picked ball up.

You poor Valiants 1895 watching no attempts on target v a team who lost to Charlton. 

9 hours ago, DazFred said:

I've watched the highlights. How powderpuff is our defending? We don't attack the player with the ball. We don't get goalside,we don't attempt to block shots,we don't follow runners,we allow too much space etc etc.

Earle,Porter would block shots. Tankard,Hill would block crosses. Glover,Aspin would head/kick/block...back off and jockey or intercept.

Forwards would defend from the front. Wide MF would track back. MF would support forwards or track back.

I know it's different times but if you don't do the basics then you are letting the fans down.

In short,what I have seen for 2 seasons as an ST holder (bar around 4 games) has been(I will choose my next words carefully) absolute sh*TE.

I'll send this in a letter to Carol

would she even get a letter never mind reading it, no in "dave and i" world its appearence's and money, so lets boycott the shrewsbury game, a empty/half empty ground would hit appearence's and to a certain extent loss of money... i can't believe i'm writing that, but i honestly don't know anything else to brake this mess. Having to see the ground empty or near that will i hope shock "dave and i" also give the players something to think about, if not, then it will give them a fore taste of 2nd division attendances... we keep getting told the crowd is our 12th man, so lets go missing after all the team does... sorry, but i'm feeling right pi**ed off about whats happening to my club, and the people causing it. VTID.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Granville said:

They have also sold players over the last five years for big fees. They've just sold another one in the January window for about 300k. 

We're miles away from that. Harry Pickering, Connor O'Riordan, Perry Ng, Ryan Wintle have all fitted into Championship teams. None of our kids would. None of our senior players could play in the Championship either. 

I have a mate who is a Crewe fan and seen them a couple of times this season with him. They have been building this team over the last couple of years after their own horrendous relegation, have paid fees for a couple of players, brought in academy players and some frees.

They have an excellent manager in Lee Bell who has turned some average League Two players like Courtney Baker-Richardson, Elliott Nevitt and Shilow Tracey into a team capable of promotion, but they've underpinned it with academy players who are streets ahead of some of ours.

They haven't needed a Director of Football. They've got a Head of Recruitment who reports directly to the manager. 

When (not if) we go down, we should be prepared for a long stay down there while we mess about trying to get some energetic under 19 from Crystal Palace and hand out a three year deal to someone with chronic knee injuries who will play less than half the games.

We could learn from Crewe, we could learn from lots of other clubs. We don't, because if its not Flitcroft's way, its no way.

Top post. Nail on the head. When we beat Crewe early season thought I saw something in them and tipped them for promotion. Thought Shiloh Tracy ran us ragged until we clogged him and the big dominant centre half ran the show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think bar Bailey and Jack only Ripley Plant Clarke Ben G and bizarrely Massey actually tried yesterday the rest of them were spineless cowards. I take OJO he in strop as Crosby left . OJO  grow up or sod off , but your spineless mercenary who wants the money but won’t put the effort in. OJO at the end of season should be called out by the fan base .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

would she even get a letter never mind reading it, no in "dave and i" world its appearence's and money, so lets boycott the shrewsbury game, a empty/half empty ground would hit appearence's and to a certain extent loss of money... i can't believe i'm writing that, but i honestly don't know anything else to brake this mess. Having to see the ground empty or near that will i hope shock "dave and i" also give the players something to think about, if not, then it will give them a fore taste of 2nd division attendances... we keep getting told the crowd is our 12th man, so lets go missing after all the team does... sorry, but i'm feeling right pi**ed off about whats happening to my club, and the people causing it. VTID.

Thought this myself a few weeks ago BUT not v Shrewsbury as this is a very important match. One later in the season ( Camebridge?) might be a better option.

15 hours ago, MBE said:

I thought Moore’s interview today hinted  he’s getting pissed off at the players and he’s trying to keep a lid on it.

"He had a setback with his injury, just soreness with his injury. He didn’t feel right, felt he would be putting himself in danger of something more (serious) happening. He didn’t feel 100 per cent and didn’t feel he could give his full commitment today"

Sounded like Wilson didn't fancy it yesterday rather than the old sports scientists saying the computer says no 

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think AC would of had a say in that and at a guess that's why Ojo's performances have drastically dropped,he really liked AC

2 seasons in a row Ojo's downed tools.

Make's him worse than any other player in the squad and I include Loft in that.

Ojo, get out of our club you bottle jober

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

There must be money available..look at the new management team, manager asst. manager and a 1st team coach thingymejig what's all that about ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

There will be money available that's for sure otherwise you aren't getting DM and his backroom team BUT what she HAS GOT to do is get rid of DF before recruitment starts for next season and sit down with DM,listen to him and what he wants and to trust in him.

Only my opinion of course

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1