onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics Sold

3 hours ago, mbycars said:

Does it matter Brian. I think it was about 5 years before she bought the club. A fan is a fan whether its 1 year, 5 years or 50 years. I am very glad she did because Scumthwaite drunkenly came on air on Radio Stoke and said he was putting the club up for sale. He then said if no one completes the sale within a month he would shut the club down.

Again, you are not reading my previous posts. 

I have no problem about when they became fans. Like, I have put in my previous posts to that which you have failed to read, I think they are great owners and hope they carry on for years. My question was juts in context with the question but hey, carry on reading what you only want to read what I put

• Like 1

Advert

3 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Belly allocated the funds to buy players in the old championship. Foyle, Cross, Van derLaan cost a few Bob. 

Can't see players of that standard at Vale park nowadays. 

And what players of that calibre did Vale sign under Twattys leadership?

4 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

It takes certain type to find the negatives in a 180m sale 

I mean come on who is going sell a business and leave a 10million debt in the business she keeps 😂

PV From Carol's point of view there's few negatives, presumably she just wants out of Synectics for whatever reason(s).

How do you know she's left 10 million in debt in the business that she has kept, it depends on what's been negotiated with the buyer.

It's not unknown that a buyer of a business writes off/assumes any debts owed to it, at the end of the day it's all in the purchase price. Vale fans will likely find out what PVFC owes the new owners of Synectics, if anything, in due course.

8 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

PV From Carol's point of view there's few negatives, presumably she just wants out of Synectics for whatever reason(s).

How do you know she's left 10 million in debt in the business that she has kept, it depends on what's been negotiated with the buyer.

It's not unknown that a buyer of a business writes off/assumes any debts owed to it, at the end of the day it's all in the purchase price. Vale fans will likely find out what PVFC owes the new owners of Synectics, if anything, in due course.

She and hubby are well past retirement age. I know you can't carry on at the work level you've had most of you're life. For example in my case, eye tiredness. Plus change coming in both their and my world - artifical intelligence. You have to be prepared to go again or decide now is the time to leave. Finally, depending on family, it can be a good time to sell up and distribute profit from sale etc. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Again, you are not reading my previous posts. 

I have no problem about when they became fans. Like, I have put in my previous posts to that which you have failed to read, I think they are great owners and hope they carry on for years. My question was juts in context with the question but hey, carry on reading what you only want to read what I put

I'm sorry i must have missed the OVF rule that says i have to read all of your posts. I have neither the time or inclination to do that. If you are offended by my reply then maybe its time for me to stop reading any of your sanctimonious crap. Bye 👋

Edited by mbycars
  • Confused 2

Seems that the Shanahans will still be involved with Synectics, according to this statement, taken from The Sentinel article on the deal - 

in a statement, a spokesman said: "Synectics Solutions is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with leading investor Synova to provide growth capital to support Synectics’ evolution and expansion; in partnership with the Shanahan family. The transaction will allow Synectics to further its growth by increasing its investment into its products, services and people.

"The Shanahan family will continue to be materially involved and invested in the business, whilst benefiting from a supportive partner in Synova. The transaction is still subject to regulatory approval and further comment will be provided in due course."

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Seems that the Shanahans will still be involved with Synectics, according to this statement, taken from The Sentinel article on the deal - 

in a statement, a spokesman said: "Synectics Solutions is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with leading investor Synova to provide growth capital to support Synectics’ evolution and expansion; in partnership with the Shanahan family. The transaction will allow Synectics to further its growth by increasing its investment into its products, services and people.

"The Shanahan family will continue to be materially involved and invested in the business, whilst benefiting from a supportive partner in Synova. The transaction is still subject to regulatory approval and further comment will be provided in due course."

Yes, doesn’t seem the clean break and payday bonanza some were hoping for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Yes, doesn’t seem the clean break and payday bonanza some were hoping for.

Donos pay day bonanza included a massive chunk of money while he still kept a large stake in the business 

Carols sale looks very similar 

I’m not sure obviously but he could be involved in it something do with the bigger Atlantic group 

On 27/02/2024 at 16:22, Valiiant said:

You can't actually really believe that, that they just decided they needed to be the ones to save Port Vale. I'm pretty sure her and Kevin had a good think what could be in it for themselves before anything else and before making any offer.

When you say what could be in it for themselves I guess you mean a £10 million hole in their pockets and a load of grief off some numpties who will never be grateful.

Edited by Guitar Ray
Spelling
  • Like 1