onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

8 hours ago, southport vale said:

Let's face it with no full backs or wing backs we are in the do do. Darren Moore might be a good manager but to keep us up he'll have to be the Messiah.
Sorry can't take much more of this it's destroying my life, what little I have left.
Just get some ugly players in whatever the cost

Agree entirely. Somehow have to come away from it bit it is difficult. 55 years of PVFC and it does play a massive part in your life. I feel let down completely. Not so much Carol. I believe she put all her faith in Flitcroft. She said she didnt have a clue and wow was she right.

Flitcroft and his recruitment team are useless and wow has he done Carol over good and proper. " I will tell you what you want to here "

Players, i know are poor and we never had the right players in for the last 3 transfer windows but i cannot accept their poor effort and no heart for PVFC and for ALL Carol has offered them and their families.

• Like 5

Advert

1 minute ago, Devine intervention said:

Tom Pett walks straight into our team a very good player .

What on earth was Moore thinking at half time .

Bottle jobs I heard someonrvshout at end .

The fans were really angry .

My lads texted me and said he couldn't believe it I said I could we just give the whole game to them no shithousing no one going down for nothing.,second half we didn't just run out of legs we gave up 3 quarters of the pitch to them I'm going excuse B Garrity as surely if anyone goes off its him with just coming back from injury the fact D Moore took ojo off was telling .

Once Debrah made that mistake why wasn't he hauled off 

Ripley for how good he is well that was very cowardly .

Fleetwood deserved win that game based on Vales players I'd say 6 of them remaining in changing rooms mentally all second half .

If your a professional footballer at least try play like one 

So true, there was no game management at the end. 

Lincoln gave us a masterclass of it for 88 minutes on saturday. Should have been plenty of ideas fresh in the memory

Absolutely criminal that equaliser.

Biggest lad in the team is allowed free run and is not marked at all. He's Jason Lowe's man and he does nothing and of course the biggest tosser in our team Loft misses his header just to compound he gave the ball away needless to concede the corner.

Bottle jobs.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fleetwood and Cheltenham those giants of the football World were dead and buried earlier in the season, they've both turned us over easily, just shows what what a rag bag shower we've turned into, they tactically are light years ahead of this spineless cowardly bunch, how many crosses did Pattinson get over Sproson said 15 I thought it was more, what did we do to stop it... Nowt... How many times did Ripley Hammer it out to Jones for him to give away a throw in ? Was that our tactical reply ? One breakaway for Loft to prove for the last time he's no footballer.

That was as bad and embarrassing 2nd half I've seen, I'll say it now Moore didn't have a clue last night, at least they had a nice time upstairs the players wives,lovers, girlfriends, mothers, fathers uncles aunties and any other hangers on.

The crowd got behind them last night and that was the team's reply, it will turn toxic and probably quite rightly.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

Its pretty the same thing on repeat for me.  Awful recruitment and we've been left with a poor team.  It's that simple.  We had two potential future England internationals before Christmas who really did show great quality.

And we still only won 8 games with them!  Take them out and don't strengthen at all and, we'll, it's so easy to see isn't it?

I thought we looked fairly comfortable until Debra's error and that really did kill us. In fact we nearly lost the game.

I'm putting some of that on DM last night though.  Our second halves (discounting Lincoln maybe because we were losing), we haven't come out of our own half under him.

Cheltenham we scored but that was literally our only attack in the second 45.

Reading started OK, looked like a possible point but second half just tried soak it up and hold on. 

Fleetwood last night same, half decent first half and then that.

Two late goals in each of those three games. 

We haven't got the confidence to keep teams out like that.

Then again we've nothing to keep the ball up top.

Cheers Flicker

• Like 2

I get that everyone pays their hard earned money and has an opinion but I cannot understand the minority who boo and shout abuse at the end of games. It achieves nothing - Dipepa, Weir and Plant are little more than boys. Do people think this behaviour makes the players want to play for the club more? If I was a player I wouldn’t come over to acknowledge the fans if that’s what I got. I’m amazed the team still bother with this but those shouting the abuse who be the first to complain if they didn’t!

Given the circumstances, I thought most fans were excellent in their support during the game.

Edited by soothsayer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

Absolutely criminal that equaliser.

Biggest lad in the team is allowed free run and is not marked at all. He's Jason Lowe's man and he does nothing and of course the biggest tosser in our team Loft misses his header just to compound he gave the ball away needless to concede the corner.

Bottle jobs.

Ripley could have done better too. He’s not comfortable with crosses or commanding his box at all. But as you say poor defending & lead up to the corner in the first place. I feel so deflated this morning 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Warren said:

Darren Moore had us playing direct because of the errors playing out from the back on Saturday. 

That was OK, first half, but we were surrendering too much possession against a good team.

In the second half, we carried on doing that, but after subs, the players we brought on just didn't have the resilience in midfield. The whole game was being played in and around our box. We did get one good chance and fluffed it.

In the end the defence, that played well, made a mistake and they scored. The second felt inevitable and came near the end. 

The players that came on second half are not good enough I'm afraid. 

But we didn't lose!

The  players weren't good enough 

Full stop #. Total bloody bottle job 

Aside from the mistake our defence played well last night. Absorbed a huge amount of pressure. We played direct, but did not do so effectively. Fleetwood had 20 shots at goal and double our passes. Our shots on goal total was 7. 

I'm lost for something to say to turn this around. I'm not sure if we can short term sign someone in midfield?

Edited by Warren

2 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

We don't need stats to know just how awful we are. We can see that every game ! But thanks for the research. 

The club's spies who read and react to social media do. There's a bubble of arrogant delusion that needs popping by reality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

A drastic as it may sound they can all go for me. Complete clear out & start afresh. From top to bottom on your bike 👋🏻 

I wouldn't give a toss if we had just two players on June 1st, Garrity and Chislett. I really wouldn't mind at all if the rest were released or offered termination and left. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Warren said:

Aside from the mistake our defence played well last night. Absorbed a huge amount of pressure. We played direct, but did not do so effectively. Fleetwood had 20 shots at goal and double our passes. Our shots on goal total was 7. 

I'm lost for something to say to turn this around. I'm not sure if we can short term sign someone in midfield?

After the window it was plainly obvious we were desperate for at least two players, left side back/midfield and a striker. Nothing has happened, and it is now to late. Why have the club deliberately not strengthened, is it money or lack of ambition?

17 minutes ago, Warren said:

We need about 5 or 6 players just to be competitive in this league

- CM instead of Lowe

- RB / RWB instead of Sang

- LB / LWB

- CD to replace Debrah

- 2x ST instead of Loft / Wilson

If all we could do would be to replace Lowe, I'd take that. But we are getting absolutely battered down the flanks every game until we sort out the fullback / wingback situation. 

I take it we can't recall Cass at this point, because I'd take him too.