onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

15 minutes ago, chickensteve said:

Whilst most of us wanted Darren Moore as manager

I don't think that's true. 

He'll get time and rightly so, but he was number one on a list of one target for the job. It's inexplicable that the club  interviewed only one person.

As for Carol telling the people at the post-match gathering that she'd just been upstairs telling Darren's wife how grateful she was to DM for joining the club....well, I'm speechless.

• Like 7

Advert

47 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Whilst I admire some folks optimistic posts I don't think we'd be challenging in L2 if we do go down. 

We're in a rut of complacency. 

Bigger teams than us with better gates, Bradford,Tranmere and dare I mention Swindon are wallowing around doing nothing. 

It's a vile league. 

May never make it back up mate. 5 horrible years in league 2 last time it won’t be any easier that’s for sure 

2 hours ago, smithie said:

He'll get time and rightly so, but he was number one on a list of one target for the job. It's inexplicable that the club  interviewed only one person.

As for Carol telling the people at the post-match gathering that she'd just been upstairs telling Darren's wife how grateful she was to DM for joining the club....well, I'm speechless.

Having listen to Carol's speech after the game, I'm a little worried for her wellbeing. I hope she's OK and wish her and Kevin well. It's a mess and a little embarrassing.

Edited by pete vale
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

Thinking about tomorrow night .

Play Lomax at right back with Sang and Shorrock at Left back with Mighten and play Loft up top with Wilson .

Lomax has that energy what's required in the two times he as come on field /played he as for being very good he is positive and I think he can free Sang up quicker for him to whip the kind of quality in that Loft if the ball comes in sooner should be able head down to Wilson score or him score himself .

Shorrock also has pace to burn and his very positive also along with mighten in home games Vale should take opposition to the cleaners I'd be very excited see a set up of hard running players gracing Vale Park. 

For the nosayers then look at the 3-0 v Blackpool Shorrock was very good yet hardly seen him since.

We at home and I think these boys will get us win up the field and having goal attempts. 

I'm not saying play them away .

We need be going for it if I see Lowe and Ojo in midfield again I will wonder if manager really wants be here 

Lowe can do a job in defence, but it is totally unrealistic to expect him to play in midfield

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian said:

Lowe can do a job in defence, but it is totally unrealistic to expect him to play in midfield

I don’t mind him as a squad player & coming on when trying see a game out with his experience. Shouldn’t be starting though 

25 minutes ago, smithie said:

I don't mind them knowing who they want and going out and getting him (they did it with Clarke by all accounts) but the problem is that this time they've gone and got Darren Moore.

The last bit is mad though yeah, I don't think Carol is in a good headspace.

31 minutes ago, smithie said:

It isn’t as it’s not the first time 🤣

I have to defend Carol for only interviewing on person. If she had only Interviewed Pep and given him the job nobody would be complaining. Well possibly Rory but that's another story.

The 5 year contract and more importantly the bizarre lauding up of Darren's wife's opinion and that of the family of the coaching staff are concerning. 

We fans were telling her it was going wrong last January. She didn't listen because probably Flickers' pet rabbit said he was great at ensuring fresh carrots were in the cage each day. Although realistically the carrots were probably oranges but his wife gave him the target of feeding the rabbit so he's met the target.

Edited by Emile
Typos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Instead of saying how lucky we are to have such a good manager let's stick to the target - if DM can keep us up hes done a great job. If he can't, he's failed. Not necessarily his fault, and not necessarily worth sacking him for it. That can be judged at the end of the season. 

We've got a manager with good pedigree, a good track record in most jobs and is well respected in the game. That's great, let's focus on surviving now and then we can go back to the circle jerk at the end of the season

Edited by Emile
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Emile said:

I have to defend Carol for only interviewing on person. If she had only Interviewed Pep and given him the job nobody would be complaining. Well possibly Rory but that's another story.

You're right to be fair! I can't stand that man.  

1 hour ago, smithie said:

I wonder if John Rudge would describe the squad as "phenomenal". 

I wonder if you asked any manager in that division to name a phenomenal side, how many would say "Port Vale". 

I wonder if you asked fans of any team in that division to name a phenomenal side, how many would say "Port Vale".

In its own way, Carol saying the players are phenomenal is one of the most worrying things she's ever said. 

Phenomenally <ovf censored> maybe

• Haha 1

Do or die tomorrow and on that basis I would urge all fans get down to support the team for one last time before all hope is gone.

If it was up to me I would make a few changes from Saturday. Sang is our player most likely to create a chance with some lovely deliveries into the box so we need to get him higher up the pitch  and I always feel we do better when him and Massey link up together. Putting Grant in CM I would hope he can help us to control the midfield better. Last chance saloon for a lot of these lads.

My team would be:

Ripley

Sang Lapota Debrah Yak

Ojo Grant

Massey Garrity Mighten

Loft

• Like 2