onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

Advert

Just now, DazFred said:

I can see why Jones hasn't been picked by Crosby.

Never got near his man. His headers clear usually went straight back to Lincoln. Half arsed passes down the line to no one or out of play. His defending for the penalty was shocking. I'd rather see Shorrock 

I'll repeat what I said earlier. Jones, Smith and Wilson are NOT players I want in my team to fight to stay in Division 1. We'll see what selection DM comes up with Tuesday but if any of those 3 are in then we are doomed. Simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WV said:

How would you feel if someone came and abused you at your job? (If you have one)

I work 40 hours a week as a handyman at a probation hostel and I get abuse most days  but you know what , I don't rise to it  I crack on because I have a mortgage to pay 🤔😬

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Our warm ups always look one big doss. Often wondered the point at times as it's just one big 15 minute prattling around and has been for years. 

I agree. They warm up just in front of me, and I remember when Devine first came to us and was on the bench, he look half arsed when doing it and I was worried he didn’t want to be here. Luckily he turned out to be excellent, but loft definitely isn’t the the only one to not go full on during hose drills. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

A month before the end of the season is in 33 days time.

That’s not enough time to wait. 

2 months and 18 days mate. I bet you feel like an idiot now.

@Spunk Trumpet can't wait for your reply

Or is that start of league 1 next season

Bugger

Edited by PVFC FAN

6 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Yes you wet wipe! Ffs your hard work 🤣 we wouldn’t need more money to get the things that would give us more money in the championship. Getting a competitive squad would get us to the championship nothing external 🤦‍♂️ and with promotion would come more money. Only players will see us progress on the pitch nothing else. Don’t bother replying to this lad your doing my head in now in a polite way. Go & enjoy your alphabetical spaghetti & strawberry milkshake that Floor cloth has treated you too 👍🏻 

Championship clubs have the highest losses of any league.

So where is the money coming from to keep us up?

Edited by PVFC FAN
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

If he goes now it galvanises the fan base for a final push to stay up. Nothing else will do that. It will stay toxic as long as he's here because we will not progress on the pitch.

I'm not sure about galvanised, the fan base looked anaesthetised after the first goal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yet another gutless display, not a surprise as these players other than Garrity, Sang and Ripley can do one, no fight at all.  I kept hearing in the build-up, if we get 4 points from these 2 games, we are down and I accepted it the day deadline closed.  People can forget any winnable games we have, we are not going to win them.  We are going down with a wimper and will be playing the likes of Crawley, Colchester and Grimsby again.  

Bring a friend for free and we get 6300 home fans, yes we are dreadful and going down but Oldham at home in the National League managed get 12000 against Kidderminster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, valefan79 said:

Yet another gutless display, not a surprise as these players other than Garrity, Sang and Ripley can do one, no fight at all.  I kept hearing in the build-up, if we get 4 points from these 2 games, we are down and I accepted it the day deadline closed.  People can forget any winnable games we have, we are not going to win them.  We are going down with a wimper and will be playing the likes of Crawley, Colchester and Grimsby again.  

Bring a friend for free and we get 6300 home fans, yes we are dreadful and going down but Oldham at home in the National League managed get 12000 against Kidderminster.

Can take garrity off that list mate. When we go down he will be gone, he deserves so much better than this. Only one who gives a crap week in week out. 

• Like 3

What were the tactics today?

Weir on the left,Chislett on the right? Not once did they receive the ball in an offensive position where they could do damage. 

No one near Wilson when he received the ball. Lowe cannot pass more than 5 yards and Ojo isn't fit.

Debrah isn't a LCB,Smith was dreadful today. It comes to something when Sang was MOM.

Where were Lopata and Mighten?

The crowd were flat as anything after 1 minute.

Why was their number 9 not booked for inciting the crowd after the goal? He would have been sent off for doing more of the same when he was subbed. They wasted so much time....however adding more time on would have added to the misery.

Very deflated after today

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

That's probably why we are investing so much in the things that make money off the pitch e.g the academy. So we have the funds to be a some what sustainable club and have a chance of going up or atleast staying in league 1. I think these foundations off the pitch need to be layed down before we can expect to progress into the top half.

Carol only has 10 million in net worth I believe so we can't expect her to be spending millions with the club making almost no profit.

It's probably why less money has gone to the squad. If we had no revenue coming in from off the pitch before its like a sinking ship. A sinking ship floating on the money Carol has. That money would eventually run out. Especially if we went up like she wants us too. So all the investment off the pitch is to plug them holes.

I know I'm going to get hate for what I've said but it's true. 

It's carols money to spent as tactically as she can. She has I'm guessing set a plan up with dof to make the club sustainable. This will generate us more money. Eventually with this we can invest more in the first team.

I've said it before and I'll say it again

@Vtid what's so confusing pal?

I agree with what you say however the problem is without funding 1st team ( or spending budget wisely spent which personally think is the failing) you start to haemorrhage money. Attendances dwindle, players lose confidence and L2 awaits. Based on Andy Holt at Accrington a loss of 1 million in revenue the difference between the 2 leagues. Carol will need to bridge that loss somehow. Player sales won’t cover it and you’ll struggle to get fans to pay £25 for L2.

It’s counter productive.

• Like 3