onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Just now, Powerline said:

Because we offered him a 1 year deal. Worrall on one leg would be better than the <ovf censored> we have now.

The guy wore his heart on his sleeve! How many can we say that about now? Only garrity for me, and wozza did it to another level even to Gazza. Should of been offered 2 years with a coaching role at the end of it. People saying his legs have gone. Least he has legs these lot look like they’re running in treacle half the time. It’s embarrassing 

Advert

The problem with Carol Shanahan is that the more she posts utter tripe of open letters, like she did last week, the more she divides and alienates the fans.

Utterly bamboozled at how she thinks keeping David Flitcroft at this club is helping things.

His position, within the fanbase, is untenable.

That was HIS team out there today. And what a <ovf censored> shambles it is. 
Shambolic and pathetic.

It’s one thing having an owner in Smurthwaite who is laughing in the fans faces and rinsing the club. It’s another having a totally inept DOF and the owner is so far up his arse it’s unreal!!

She will realise IF we go down because fans won’t turn up to watch this shower of 3-5-2 <ovf censored> every week where the DOF evidently has plenty of say in EVERYTHING football and yet is NEVER held accountable.

For <ovf censored> sake Carol………… WAKE UP!!!!

2 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Just watched the goals back. That 3rd goal is unspeakably bad. Keeper punts it, we lose a header, don't track a runner, goal. Absolute dog <ovf censored>.

I can’t bring myself to watch that again. Depressed as it is already 😂

2 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

That Alex Mighten signing still baffles me. It's like the Politic one. Just doesn't fit the system, and we aren't going to change.

He's the only one who poses a threat wide. Forget the effing "system", start him and get the ball to him! 

4 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Just watched the goals back. That 3rd goal is unspeakably bad. Keeper punts it, we lose a header, don't track a runner, goal. Absolute dog <ovf censored>.

Missed the part where Jones passes it to their keeper, not even remotely close to going near a vale player, then screams at Dipepa for it as if he could’ve somehow got on the end of it. 

3 minutes ago, smithie said:

He's the only one I go poses a threat wide. Forget the effing "system", start him and get the ball to him! 

Can’t see him getting much game time due to the system & I don’t think Moore fancies him either. He didn’t get a great deal of minutes under him at Wednesday. At least he’s got pace & willing to run at players. Get him next to chizzy & drop Willo next game 

8 minutes ago, Vtid said:

The guy wore his heart on his sleeve! How many can we say that about now? Only garrity for me, and wozza did it to another level even to Gazza. Should have been offered 2 years with a coaching role at the end of it. People saying his legs have gone. Least he has legs these lot look like they’re running in treacle half the time. It’s embarrassing 

This is a big problem with the team. They’re a bunch of cowards. No one will stand up and get up for the fight. Look at it compared to the squad that came up. Gibbo, Worrall, Pett, Conlon, even the old experienced heads like Martin and Proctor. Character wise we are weak as piss. Worst thing is Pett and Worrall could  still be here now and be doing a job. Even Conlon, as bad as he was last year, is a damn sight better than Lowe.

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Then quote Carols letter in the abuse line.  Put something like.  You will be on Carols Naughty list after her open letter to the fans.  It comes across you are upset fans are venting.  There is more abuse on grumble and grumble.

PVFC764, it is not Joe's fault that you don't understand a joke.

This abuse of Joe must stop.

His family are afraid to come to the games.

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

This is a big problem with the team. They’re a bunch of cowards. No one will stand up and get up for the fight. Look at it compared to the squad that came up. Gibbo, Worrall, Pett, Conlon, even the old experienced heads like Martin and Proctor. Character wise we are weak as piss. Worst thing is Pett and Worrall could  still be here now and be doing a job. Even Conlon, as bad as he was last year, is a damn sight better than Lowe.

Too much tippy tappy soft arses mate 

9 minutes ago, The Master said:

The problem with Carol Shanahan is that the more she posts utter tripe of open letters, like she did last week, the more she divides and alienates the fans.

Utterly bamboozled at how she thinks keeping David Flitcroft at this club is helping things.

His position, within the fanbase, is untenable.

That was HIS team out there today. And what a <ovf censored> shambles it is. 
Shambolic and pathetic.

It’s one thing having an owner in Smurthwaite who is laughing in the fans faces and rinsing the club. It’s another having a totally inept DOF and the owner is so far up his arse it’s unreal!!

She will realise IF we go down because fans won’t turn up to watch this shower of 3-5-2 <ovf censored> every week where the DOF evidently has plenty of say in EVERYTHING football and yet is NEVER held accountable.

For <ovf censored> sake Carol………… WAKE UP!!!!

She's had the wool pulled over her eyes.

How can the fans see the issues so clearly, but our DoF and owner can't?

Interesting to hear DC’s comments on the game:

It was a battle, second ball game, hustle and bustle. Blackpool on Tuesday were more technical, possession based but they didn't really cause us any problems. Port Vale caused us more problems and Darren (Moore) will go in there and turn them around, make no bones about that. He's a top class manager and a top class guy. They'll turn it around and I am sure they'll get the rhythm. For us it's about fighting away - nothing has changed since I've come in the building. We needed a certain amount of wins and we've ticked another one off today.

I was genuinely excited for today. And then I saw the line up. It was only ever going to be “shuffling the deck chairs” but nonetheless I wanted/expected something a bit different from the tactics that basically haven’t worked for 2 years. Instead 3-5-friggin-2 again. I despair, I really do.  

I was looking forward to seeing our next home game and what Moore could do but I don’t think I’ll bother tbh, I sense it will be more of the same.

I still think he’s a good appointment, but the more I think about it, the more he feels like a Cheerleader for DF. 

We have got absolutely no chance of getting out of this mess. None. Anyone who thinks we will is just kidding themselves. There will be no free-agent striker or left-backs (or CB or CM for that matter!) so again, get over it.

Just now, soothsayer said:

Interesting to hear DC’s comments on the game:

It was a battle, second ball game, hustle and bustle. Blackpool on Tuesday were more technical, possession based but they didn't really cause us any problems. Port Vale caused us more problems and Darren (Moore) will go in there and turn them around, make no bones about that. He's a top class manager and a top class guy. They'll turn it around and I am sure they'll get the rhythm. For us it's about fighting away - nothing has changed since I've come in the building. We needed a certain amount of wins and we've ticked another one off today.

Blackpool must have been bad at their place then.

Archived