onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

1 minute ago, saintvaliant said:

Does anyone really believe this squad can get 5 wins to survive? I’m struggling to see another win let alone having to do it 5 times over.

Today they were out-played, out-fought and out-thought.

I’d contend they might be a worse squad than our last relegation campaign and that was a dreadful squad too.

Still, at least they have nice changing rooms.  

Make them change in a portakabin 

Advert

9 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Ye nice one Nippy. I can see we need better players. I'm just going to be patient. If there aren't any serious singing in the summer Flitcroft has to go. He has had some really good signings and some dreadfully ones. Let's hope he is learning.

You can count the decent signings on one hand,

Garrity is the only one who stands out for me .

The rest of them are stealing a wage at The Vale 

33 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The manager can only do so much though 

What makes my piss boil over is 

No desire , no fight and no passion from the players they are a disgrace to the vale badge 

That was my point. Dont expect D M to ' make ' players out of the sh!t we have BUT i did expect to see fight and passion. There was none.

Cheltenham were full of it. Well done D C

8 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Does anyone really believe this squad can get 5 wins to survive? I’m struggling to see another win let alone having to do it 5 times over.

Today they were out-played, out-fought and out-thought.

I’d contend they might be a worse squad than our last relegation campaign and that was a dreadful squad too.

Still, at least they have nice changing rooms.  

I think our players would struggle to break sweat during a match never mind show any fight or passion to be honest  

They're a bloody disgrace 

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

On train on way home 

They were way better than us 

We are going down 

Fair play to you lot who attend away games, honestly it's an absolute chore turning up to home games these days never mind away. And to be totally honest, I've got a season ticket and have had for many many years but I've missed a few games this season myself because, I just can't be arsed anymore.

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

You can count the decent signings on one hand,

Garrity is the only one who stands out for me .

The rest of them are stealing a wage at The Vale 

Chiz? Ollie? Alfie? Ojo? Ripley? Realistically they are all capable of being in the championship. The rest haven't been good enough 

45 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Carol who stopped us getting relegated to the NL. Flitcroft who got us up to league 1. Listen I'm happy we are approaching things with a longterm plan. The 20 years before flitcroft we just chucked money at the first team, yes? And what happened? We went up and down and then went into administration,yes?

Don't tell me to stop being delusional mate.

We have came a long long way,yes?

Yes we have come a long way , but whats the blady point if we are going back there !

5 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Having championship ready training facilities but having players who would frankly struggle to cut it in non league 2 isn't being impatient though it's being a realist. We want and need better footballers, squire

What Plan !

Patience, we have won about 11 games out of the last 50 or so matches and some of them we were fortunate to 

We have won one game this Season by more than One Goal.

All the Hard Work and joy of the Promotion Season is just being wasted.

We have a Team that can’t Defend. Can’t Score Goals, Has Hardly any Pace and quite frankly doesn’t look coached and the only people seeing it are the fans.

Everybody keeps saying what a great club we have, a Great Group of Players who are Close Knit etc etc but the Fans just want to Win a Few Matches and not have their Weekends continually ruined. Is this asking too much., at the moment it appears so.

5 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

That was my point. Dont expect D M to ' make ' players out of the sh!t we have BUT i did expect to see fight and passion. There was none.

Cheltenham were full of it. Well done D C

Exactly Mate !

Ok, I only watched on the old i-feel-low, (I live in Norway you see) but to me, lofty in terms of running his heart out seemed head and shoulders above everyone else. Would be interested in views of the beautiful bouncing valiants who were brave enuff to venture there today.

Also really sad to read the post from the young fan of 45 years + jacking it in - it can really get you that way sometimes - life's too short 👍

14 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

That Alex Mighten signing still baffles me. It's like the Politic one. Just doesn't fit the system, and we aren't going to change.

Agree but also neither does the Weir one. Two completely wasted signings. Unless thew were really cheap options

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

Agree but also neither does the Weir one. Two completely wasted signings. Unless thew were really cheap options

Desperation alley - but not their fault. Could be useful if used correctly. In a perverse way, I'm glad DM has seen us at our worst so soon. 

Archived