onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

6 minutes ago, bomber said:

Why do people harp on about Harrison? He didnot want to be here and rarely plays in the second division. But yes another depressing dissapointing day can't defend for toffee. 

You are correct. However he always put a shift in.

Some of this lot don't. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, ginginator said:

No but the point I made was re to the quote. Abuse is not needed, 

Loft is a pro footballer. Fact 

Rest I will let you decide.

Loft is a pro footballer.

You are correct.

How? I do not know. 
I’ve been going Vale since the early 80s and am struggling to see a worse number 9.

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

I can’t believe how gullible I was to let Floor cloth talk me round the other night! It’s not the first time he’s done it to me either so I can see why he’s totally convinced Carol & others with his crap! We are going down & he is ultimately responsible for all of this. Just resign ffs you’ve ruined us, and I’m sorry but if Carol is so determined to persist with him she can go as well. Some won’t like that but they are the two responsible for this mess not Crosby or Moore. Moore won’t manage in league 2 so that’s a load of money we will have to pay him off come the end of the season. You won’t be pulling my leg anymore David Flitcroft get out of our club! 

Unless you’re incredibly fickle, one result shouldn’t change your opinion of DF.  Far better to actually wait until our final position is confirmed and Moore has had a couple of weeks with the players. 
We are hardly adrift of safety but I agree things don’t look great.

3 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Why do you always have to be so over dramatic? That post you quoted is hardly abuse, and you typing out words like must in capital letters doesn't make it any more valid.

Oh dear. Haha, you missed the joke mate. Woosh! 

Just now, TJHValiant said:

Why? If DM takes us down you’d have to ask if he is any better than Crosby. I think he is going to turn things round though. 

I don't think so. DM has had to live in someone else's excrement, this isn't his mess he's made.

The issue squares mostly at DF/CS ultimately. Delighted we have a proper manager in, but the recruitment is just something else. Given a bit of time DM should be able to motivate these groups of players into getting some points. The question is, can we get enough by the end of the season? I'm not so sure.

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

He won’t be at Vale if we go down that’s for sure. He will walk & get a nice pay off 

I believe he will still be at Vale if we go down and the pay off wont be as big as people think,all this we have to pay up his contract is nonsense 

6 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

We weren’t in the relegation zone under DC.

Not sure that changes the fact that it took him as a new manager 7 games to get a win.

We are in a really tough place, but people are giving up and effectively calling it “season over” after one game of DMs reign.

He has had 2 days with the squad. 

As I say, get some of the injured players back and hope to hell.

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

I aren't confident that we can survive this season now but I wont be blaming Moore for it and being totally honest I am far happier to have Moore in the dugout than Crosby in this battle against relegation.

I won’t be blaming Crosby either. 

2 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Your last sentence is actually  contradictory, but I know what you're trying to say and I agree, we should try something different.  I've been crying out for ages for us to return to a back four.

I'm hoping for a 10-0-0 formation. 

Just pack our box. Will 16 draws keep us up ? 

10 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Are you any better? 

Come on we lost and it is worrying, but anyway, abuse wont help.

Some Vale fans have weird minds. Not saying they are all heroes, but they are all probably better at playing football than me or you, although I am great at Fifa. FM I am a master. 

Showing no Fight , no desire and no passion is unforgivable, You can sugar-coat it however you want but them players are a disgrace to the badge, bin them all off for me I won't accept spineless performances

1 minute ago, soothsayer said:

Unless you’re incredibly fickle, one result shouldn’t change your opinion of DF.  Far better to actually wait until our final position is confirmed and Moore has had a couple of weeks with the players. 
We are hardly adrift of safety but I agree things don’t look great.

Fickle I am! Had my Pants down again with his gift of the gab. We won’t stay up we are so bad & it’s on him as we all know & Carol for letting him 

When we go down I want you to wake up Carol and get what <ovf censored> out the club. If not you can kindly <ovf censored> off with him. I can’t explain how fed I am with this club. And Carol has let it happen and is more than happy for it to continue. We get rid of Crosby and leave the parasite at the club league two here we come. I can tell you now Carol I will not be attending if we are league 2 again.

Still time and opportunity to turn this around but that was an awful result and Vale can't afford many more.

The writing was on the wall at half time with Ferry giving Massey a torrid time, Massey should have been relaced after 45 mins by a better defender, either Lowe or Sang. as it was plain that's where the danger was and Ferry duly obliged. Ferry was the best and most effective attacking player on the pitch.

Vale just don't seem win enough 2nd balls, particularly in and around their box, for their 2nd goal Vale players seemed to be just standing still and watching the ball.

DM has a huge job on his hands with this squad to keep the club in Lge 1, only consolation if he doesn't succeed is we're in Lge 2 and not the Conference.

Archived