onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

Advert

I have found a team that is worse at the back than Port Vale. Manchester United. Conceded another 28 chances today. They have conceded more chances than any other team in Europe's top five leagues in 2024 to date. 

So those who watched know Posh have a very tidy left back who needs prompt attention. Griff would just smash him early. They've also got pace on the other wing. Wycombe's keeper is like Dracula with crosses. Job done. 

14 hours ago, Vtid said:

Not a happy hunting ground for Vale at all. High from a trophy win & going for promotion it’s going to be a tough one. Expect a loss so if we can somehow come away with a point I’d be buzzing! More hopeful Carlisle do a job on Darrell & co to be honest. UTV 

Not really, I think if they had lost they would have looked to forget it and been fired up. I’m glad they won, their minds will still be on that and although they will be on a high, will still be tired and probably less keen to throw everything at a midweek league game with Vale. 

30 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Does the fact that if Peterborough win their 2 games in hand it takes them to within 2 points of automatic promotion, not pour cold water on those thinking that they might take it easy 🤔 ?. 

Yes, you are right.

I also do not go with this thing that they might be hungover or taken the celebrations too far.

If anything, that win at Wembley set's them nicely up to have a proper go at automatic promotion

• Like 3

They have lost there last 2 home games v Portsmouth 1-0 and Carlisle 3-1 .

I do not think there getting top 2 and I think they probably only need a few points get play offs .

Going be a hard game if there all sober we have to hope there all absolutely smashed from yesterdays win ,and they don't recover in terms of in time for wednesday ,and that Vale are sprightly and take there chances isnt as though they haven't being having any when we score a grand total of 0 goals eventually if you keep your better players on eventually we score all our chances one away game .

Xg suggests Port Vale will score some in next 2 away games just hope Moore is not negative he saw how is old side smashed Peterborough in second leg at Hillsborough by believing they could turn round a 4 -0 deficit .

Our mentality has to be strong and believing .

It's not a free hit we need the points also .

Let's hope our best chances do not fall to Smith listening to Northampton podcast i think all 3 said it was was easier score than miss ,and sat a free header four yards out heading it wide you gotta be kidding me he should score that every time as headings is strength .

So golden chances need to fall to the other players not the ones who cannot finish. 

Big goals need be scored now. 

My team 

Ripley

Smith. Ojo  Icavetti 

Sang  Walters Grant Plant Chislett

Loft Uche 

It's a 3 -5 -2 emphasis on getting the ball in quickly to Uche .

I'd try Loft up there with him personally surely Uche can create the space for Chislett smash at least 1 in .

Grants not a wing back I'm sure he could do a job centrally ojo slips into back 3 he should have the pace keep up with that fast lad the lad from Barnet forget his name good player ,though poku is a decent player  plant has legs and youth keep up with him  chislett and plant should track him and put challenges in on him .

As game wears on and Grants showed his quality,maybe scoring his first goal for Vale Wednesday,  replace with Garrity to continue the going forwards performance.

Let's hope Vale are bang up for it 

They should be .

It's not a Tues hope springs eternal 

Are there any coaches running for this game (Hollinshead)?

As trains are on strike and I don't want drive a 4 hr round trip possible 5 hrs with been night off 

UTV 

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Let's hope our best chances do not fall to Smith listening to Northampton podcast i think all 3 said it was was easier score than miss ,and sat a free header four yards out heading it wide you gotta be kidding me he should score that every time as headings is strength .

You remind of someone who used to post on here very recently 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think it’ll depend on what Vale team turns up on the day. For those interested Skybet have Peterborough 2/5 Vale 11/2 draw 15/4. 

usually does!!!!!!😄

Watched them.v Stevenage the other week they play from back building so I think Vale have to play high press and not let them build anything of note .

Last seasons performance v them away was very poor but we gave them there first 2 goals if not all 3 

Wonder what following will be .

It's on follow at 10 pounds .

I'd have a look but cannot get on the shop to buy tickets as password linked to old Gmail account on phone what died when dropped in water while me doing dishes lol served me right really as who in the right mind does that.

I'd say be about 500 there and that's brilliant could do with more but better having 500 up for it followers than 2500 with 2000 who do not encourage at all which is ultimately the reason why I go to encourage especially away as its usually cost me a lot more coin than a home game in expenses .

Edited by Dipepa delight