Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

51 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Can anyone confirm that Dave Flitcroft was actually at Vale Park on Tuesday - maybe (just maybe) he was elsewhere scouting or indeed trying to sign a free transfer striker - who knows.

And whilst I'm at it, although I agree totally that the first team must come first, the infrastucture of the stadium has to meet certain standards for league one football and therefore, however much we may think otherwise, funds have to be made available to upkeep what we all know is a crumbling gigantic wreck of a stadium. 

Bit too late for scouting, that should have been done months ago before the transfer window. If he was trying to bring in an out of contract striker, then he has failed again.

• Like 6

Advert

50 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Can anyone confirm that Dave Flitcroft was actually at Vale Park on Tuesday - maybe (just maybe) he was elsewhere scouting or indeed trying to sign a free transfer striker - who knows.

And whilst I'm at it, although I agree totally that the first team must come first, the infrastucture of the stadium has to meet certain standards for league one football and therefore, however much we may think otherwise, funds have to be made available to upkeep what we all know is a crumbling gigantic wreck of a stadium. 

Aside from the toilets issue (which I'm told are being fixed in the summer), what else is "a crumbling, gigantic wreck" about the ground? 

Every time I come these days I think how great it looks. The scoreboard, despite not having appropriate surrounding material, has filled that corner so well. The Lorne St stand looks very impressive and the new pitch combine to make it one of the best stadiums in the division. 

There's plenty to be down on the owners about at present but the ground really isn't one of them in my opinion.

• Like 3

Aside from the toilets issue (which I'm told are being fixed in the summer), what else is "a crumbling, gigantic wreck" about the ground? 
Every time I come these days I think how great it looks. The scoreboard, despite not having appropriate surrounding material, has filled that corner so well. The Lorne St stand looks very impressive and the new pitch combine to make it one of the best stadiums in the division. 
There's plenty to be down on the owners about at present but the ground really isn't one of them in my opinion.

I'm not "down on the owners" regarding the ground, I'm sure they're doing what they can, when they can.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, mbycars said:

I think there is money Hoppers, but they've earmarked for other projects such as the training hub and facilities

This is where hard choices need to be made by Carol and Co.  Do we go with a training hub and facilities that are Championship ready, however, we are in the 2nd Div or even lower.

Do we scale down slightly to get a couple of players capable of keeping us in this league or just say - here comes Div 2.  Oh to be an owner. 

We need players - but we need facilities, so that is the hard choice they need to make - which is top of the list.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smithie said:

With you there the ground is more than alright for where we are at on the whole. Obviously will need bits doing to it like 

Edited by Vtid

21 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

This is where hard choices need to be made by Carol and Co.  Do we go with a training hub and facilities that are Championship ready, however, we are in the 2nd Div or even lower.

Do we scale down slightly to get a couple of players capable of keeping us in this league or just say - here comes Div 2.  Oh to be an owner. 

We need players - but we need facilities, so that is the hard choice they need to make - which is top of the list.

We don't need new facilities, we played a game on Tuesday night so the current facilities must meet the minimum requirements to stage a fixture. New facilities are a "nice to have" rather than a requirement.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Bit too late for scouting, that should have been done months ago before the transfer window. If he was trying to bring in an out of contract striker, then he has failed again.

Yes Flitcroft was at vale park on Tuesday night . He was with Patrick Carol son . 

The man across all things football: the football looks awful, gets no points, the squad today is literally the worst it has been all season, and it’s actually not that cheap contracts-wise I bet. Worst of all worlds. A few players have stepped up from the academy in a way, but isn’t that the academy staff’s development?

• Like 2

If Flitcroft was at the vale on tuesday night to my mind he is a coward and a charlatan he sacked David Dunn that afternoon who must have refused take that team out onto vale park.So that left the only man at the club who has managerial experience was himself He decides how we play formations not sure but he must have picked that team but being the kind of man he is he hung 3 academy coaches out to dry.Not only that he hung a 16yr lad out aswell and if true instead of sitting in the ivory tower with Patrick  he should have had the guts to take his responsability and been in the dug out to lead the bloody mess that he has created on vale parks pitch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1 said:

The man across all things football: the football looks awful, gets no points, the squad today is literally the worst it has been all season, and it’s actually not that cheap contracts-wise I bet. Worst of all worlds. A few players have stepped up from the academy in a way, but isn’t that the academy staff’s development?

And let’s be honest they are absolutely no where near the first team, especially in a relegation scrap!