onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

29 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Someone mentioned this yesterday. Gayle got a suspension for diving when at West Brom and Moore stood up for him publically and gave him loads of support. 

You can get arrested for standing up in public.

Welcome to the madhouse Darren.

9 minutes ago, Vtid said:

The Kennedy bus ran out of petrol? Or urine whatever the contraption was getting about on 😉 

Yes, my commitment to him was partly because I thought Darren Moore was an unrealistic target. But obviously I'm pleased to be wrong. 

Just now, Warren said:

Yes, my commitment to him was partly because I thought Darren Moore was an unrealistic target. But obviously I'm pleased to be wrong. 

Up the vale Warren 👊🏻 

Well, I said it was fantasy talk that we'd appoint DM but I was obviously wrong about that and glad that was.

That feels like a very solid appointment.

I just hope he can get a tune out of us in the next few weeks, keep us up and then get the backing to make the squad his own in the summer.

I was shocked by the contract length.  That is very brave.

I'd assume there were clauses on both sides in there.

Have to admit I thought some of the talk of Moore was pie in the sky even when Nixon reported it. So with that in mind can applaud the club on getting that over the line. I know some will raise an eyebrow about the length of the deal but truth be told it's probably more a symbolic gesture and there will be various break clauses in there to suit both parties.

Hopefully can back DM with a free agent signing just to bolster things in the coming weeks. Either way I feel more hopeful about our prospects of survival now than I did before.

Surely his reign depends on this manager? 2 out of 3 would be decent I think the next transfer window could be a big one now Moore is here he’s gonna attract better players than Croz could 
He's got an absolute mile to go before he claws back any credit for me.

Two diabolic season caused by poor squad building, shocking style of play that he mandates and horrific managerial appointment when he took on Crosby. Moores appointment looks a good one on paper, but it changes nothing untill we see success

Another article/interview about his time at West Brom. 

Some snapshots below: 

“My ambition at the start of the season was to score 100 goals. When I left, we had 70 and there were still games left to play. I’m not saying we would have got the 100, but it outlines what the mentality was. The only way you do that is by playing open, expansive, attacking football. By playing different shapes and formations that will catch the opposition out and allow you to get your nose in front” 

“I was looking for my players to do two things. One, be dominant with the ball; two, when you lose the ball, to go forward, to press the opposition and get it back”

“If you look at the results, they speak for themselves. That’s why I say I wouldn’t do anything differently. Why, given another opportunity, I’d take the same open approach. Make sure that all the players know what I’m asking of them. Build a strong connection with my staff and every department. Be connected and committed to the club.

That buy-in from everybody was key to us getting the success that we did. It shows what can be achieved when everyone is on the same page”

WWW.COACHESVOICE.COM

https://www.coachesvoice.com/darren-moore-west-bromwich-albion/

Can’t help but feel like we are in REALLY good hands here.

Archived