onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

11 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

I think im in a minority here in not necessarily wanting a massively experienced manager. I want a thorough recruitment to find the right person with the qualities to lead and seems able to execute his vision. People here would have lost their s*** if we had appointed john mousinho last year, but we’d take him now. If such an appointment was good enough for Portsmouth why not us. Much preferably to a journeyman with numerous failures on his CV. 

I am also not of the view that they 'have' to be experienced, as we can only probably afford experienced and bad.

1 hour ago, Alfie1962 said:

Would not think that the owners or Flitcroft would have any idea what happened all those years ago.

I actually agree with this.

Not sure what due diligence you can carry out.  I'm not sure it would be on a persons CV or in the line of questions when being interviewed:

Flickers "Great interview Paul, just one final thing, have you ever been involved  in any unsavory incidents when coming up against Port Vale in your career"

But saying that, I would not like him here.

Rowett & Robinsons Millwall team were dull as dishwater

36 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I have to be honest here and say although she is the owner I have no doubt that she wont be the one choosing a manager only paying for it.

So we get rid of an inexperienced manager/coach and pay him and 2 other members of the backroom team,to then possibly bring in another inexperienced coach and assistant and paying for them....... you couldn't make it up.

I can sense it now,we lose today and protests begin,a club statement will follow to say because of the protests it scared off a potential experienced manager...... Bratt used to say that about investors

But that would be true.

Vale fans don't half like to make a drama out of a crisis.

Let's not cut our noses off to spite our faces. We need to all pull together to retain our league 1 status. If you want to protest can't it wait until the end of the season? How does hounding flitcroft out now help our relegation fight?

Judging by the crowd on Tuesday it feels like many have given up on the season already and would probably be happy to see us go down if it meant the final nail in the coffin for flitcroft.

26 minutes ago, ginge said:

Not sure if he's been mentioned and probably not my choice either - Keith Hill has a history with Flitcroft, they have worked together very closely a few times. 

Keith Hill was a good manager for Rochdale many years ago.

The Bristol Rovers v Scunthorpe match a couple of seasons ago destroyed any integrity he had left IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

But that would be true.

Vale fans don't half like to make a drama out of a crisis.

Let's not cut our noses off to spite our faces. We need to all pull together to retain our league 1 status. If you want to protest can't it wait until the end of the season? How does hounding flitcroft out now help our relegation fight?

Judging by the crowd on Tuesday it feels like many have given up on the season already and would probably be happy to see us go down if it meant the final nail in the coffin for flitcroft.

You’re right about giving up. All fans need is hope

Hope to stay in the league

or

Hope to be mid table 

Hope for playoffs etc.

And we have none.

Without hope that’s when you get fan unrest and attendances dwindle. It’s why the appointment is crucial but it looks like they are not giving us hope with the names linked to the post.

I'm not going to protest personally, but I absolutely hate the 'pull together, get behind the lads, and wait till the summer' view, for several reasons:

1. The idea that by criticising David Flitcroft pre/post-game, you can't support the players during the game. Creates a weird dividing line whereby to support PVFC you must withhold any and all criticism of it.

2. 'Wait till the summer' is a very cynical way of stopping protests, as no one goes to games over the summer. Then, its the new season and everyone tells you to be optimistic and 'stop moaning before a ball has been kicked'.

If lads feel strongly enough about Flitcroft to protest, then let them crack on. I'm certainly not going to accuse them of 'not getting behind the lads', as the ones who are talking about it are perhaps the most passionate and loyal Vale fans about.

42 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I actually agree with this.

Not sure what due diligence you can carry out.  I'm not sure it would be on a persons CV or in the line of questions when being interviewed:

Flickers "Great interview Paul, just one final thing, have you ever been involved  in any unsavory incidents when coming up against Port Vale in your career"

But saying that, I would not like him here.

Rowett & Robinsons Millwall team were dull as dishwater

Playing devils advocate here 

if he is appointed, the team starts winning we end up 16th would you have the same opinion of him ? 
me if that happens I can put it aside , if  he doesn't boy will he get it .

TBH I dint want him 

3 hours ago, Rory said:

No, Karl is managing at Salford at the moment. We're linked with Paul who's currently coaching at Millwall.

There are/were 2 Paul Robinsons at Millwall.

We are linked with the one who was released at a similar time to Rowett.

It’s worrying because if he was that good a coach and ready for the next step surely someone would have snapped him up. 

EE5D6D38-6814-48F5-8BD5-63DD3DC28B04.jpeg

If it's Robinson that's it for me, I'm done. The idea of this thug becoming the manager after what he did to Stewart Talbot, and showing no remorse, is too much for me. I remember a photograph in the papers of him standing over Stewart telling to get up as if he was cheating. 

I don't want Robinson as I'm not sure he's any good. 

However, as bad as that challenge was, did we not all once do 'the Hughesy' and laud him as he fired us to promotion? Doesn't that sort of negate the moral high-ground on things like really bad tackles?

Archived