onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Warren for once could be on to something. Carol should appoint Flitters and give him the chance to manage the players he's signed on the pitch he's had sorted out and coached by the coaches he's appointed . <ovf censored> or bust for everyone then . (Or win/win)😀

Advert

Is a manager rightly being sacked after a truly dismal run of results and fixtures the same thing as being hounded out?

Again, we're doing that silly thing where, somehow, again, the PVFC fans are at fault for all this.

The fans justifiably criticised Andy Crosby for not winning anywhere near enough games of football. The owner then decided to justifiably sack him.

He wasn't 'hounded out'.

2 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Is a manager rightly being sacked after a truly dismal run of results and fixtures the same thing as being hounded out?

Again, we're doing that silly thing where, somehow, again, the PVFC fans are at fault for all this.

The fans justifiably criticised Andy Crosby for not winning anywhere near enough games of football. The owner then decided to justifiably sack him.

He wasn't 'hounded out'.

But after the last two transfer windows he'd probably have a case for constructive dismissal!

Every manager has a shelf life and AC had his a while ago. The realisation that he set up not to lose and still did, did it for me.   Terrible approach to play like an away side at home. He clearly hasn't been houded out, but faced the inevitable, even with the bad luck and injury situation. 

11 minutes ago, Old fort said:

The only thing that is a nailed on certainty, is that whoever we appoint, some on here will moan their bags off from day 1, until he's eventually hounded out.

🙄

Did that happen to DC?

9 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

1 minute ago, Doha said:

🙄

Did that happen to DC?

No mate, apologies for the generalisation, apart from RZ

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

🙄

Did that happen to DC?

Weird innit.

Manager is successful, connects with the supports, and despite things going very wrong is still widely adored by PVFC fans. 

'Ah, but it is the fans to blame, you see!. Always looking to get at the manager! No patience'.

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I know that you have answered this before but I forgot what you have told me.

Why does Lee Bell hate Vale?

You know him too don't you?

I'm not 100% sure Brian. Whether it's because he is Crewe through and through but I live in Crewe now and lots of Crewe fans have told me of his hated of the Vale. I believe we approached him when he was a player and he turned us down flat.

2 minutes ago, Jeffporthill said:

I would hand it all over to Flitcroft it`s his fault and he should carry the can.

If we're going to force someone to be the manager against their will then we might as well show some ambition and appoint Jose Mourinho.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

If we're going to force someone to be the manager against their will then we might as well show some ambition and appoint Jose Mourinho.

He's burned his bridges for the Liverpool job with his tantrum and suspension after Roma lost to Sevilla in the Europa League final. Could come in and buy the club. Fans could look forward to success but with a ride on the wild side. That should be an improvement on a ride on the boring and losing side. 

7 hours ago, Old School said:

Much as I agree with others suggesting flitcroft, as the dismal shower we call a squad is entirely down to him, the nailed on result of that would be relegation. The trouble is I cannot see any decent prospective manager coming in under a dof like flitcroft, who will use you as a fall guy to save his own skin. It's not looking good. 

Failcroft needs to go before any new manager is appointed.That way he won’t be involved in the process.Would any potential new manager want to work with Failcroft?

19 games left plenty of time for a new manager get to grips with what needs be done .

It's been a very Vale season one minute on cloud nine reaching quarter final of league cup , with a terrific performance at Mansfield then we showing ourselves up, v Carlisle Cheltenham and Fleetwood, who were all bottom of the league .

Think we have played  majority of top clubs in this league and generally we never beat them and don't have a goal attempt .

It's all kind of predictable .

3 at the back big holes everywhere .

Forwards not connecting then when they started to one couldn't get down to Charlton quick enough ,and one plays when he feels like it, and one for all the will in the world struggles do anything good. 

You cannot ignore the fact we needed a striker especially when Uche got injured ,the fact that we somehow ended up with a kid ,a player who gets injured more than he should do, and a player who if he  has a goal attempt I'll probably clap for a good 5 mins when it occurs .

Ben Garrities the hub of the Vale without him we look leaderless .No doubt about it in my mind .

So all in all we find ourselves in this crazy situation where whoever comes in has to work with what we have .

Who's to say he will like what we have .

The timings just bizarre unless the new man has already said YES ,I'll take it ,I think whoever takes it is going be able bring a few free agents ,in let's hope they are ready though we haven't got time for players get up to speed ,they got to hit the ground running and be fit and ready to go .

There's so many failures out there at management ,but we have to give someone a chance 

Me personally I want a winner in someone who can get Vale on the front foot in games, and recognise quickly when the other teams on top and stop that so they are not 

Think personally we will get the bloke who come help Crosby out when Clarke had his time off .

I cannot recall his name but well respected and was with DC at Cheltenham for a bit but I'm sure he isn't now .

Thats my guess but more importantly we have a game tonight, a game where every player has to be at there best, not necessarily for the people who select them ,for the 1100 angry and dejected supporters who witnessed the game which ultimately finished Crosbys time off as manager ,I know people say he deserved it but no striker 5th from bottom you would take at the end of the season with no striker wouldn't you .

The new man well I'm.expecting him to get us up to 8th bottom minimum but more importantly I expect his style of play get folk talking about Vale in a positive way and people rushing out to renew season tickets while  others want to be at the games as the what they are watching is winning football 

The new manager got a monumental task on his hands but hope he succeeds 

I wait with bated breath 

UTV 

Archived