Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

6 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Ripley

Sang Debrah Lopata Grant

Ojo Weir

Chislett Wilson Mighten

Loft

Garrity, Gore, and Clark slot straight into that team when fit.

Pretty much the same side I would try. I’d perhaps swap wings for Chis and Mighten to let Chis cut in on his right.

Advert

5 hours ago, Rubicon said:

Thing is, he isn't anywhere near as good and lord knows what anyone is raving about. Still he may get you three wins in the next 20 games, only five years left by then. Enjoy.

He was only crap at Huddersfield due teaming up with Kian Harret and having Huddersfield to lose every week ona joint acca. Darren and Kian made a fortune then you sacked him and paid him off, doubled his money again.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

They weren’t must win games, they were mustn’t lose games.  Take a point, keep the goal difference static and most importantly keep our relegation rivals behind us.

Crosby had to go, he’d been given more than a fair amount of time.  The debacle at Fleetwood was the final nail.  Moore has inherited a terrible hand but you can’t argue that the situation wasn’t obvious to him, obviously indicating that he’s got the job next season chance whatever the outcome this.  He’s been left shopping in the free agent market so unless someone can pull a rabbit out of the hat we’re still in the same mess.

sadly we were poor yesterday and with all respect to Moore I feel he was appointed for division two with a five year contract and after yesterday’s performance I doubt he can get the four(at least) wins to keep us up; Reading is a tough game even though they lost to Portsmouth and Garrity is a way off fitness even though he is in training and I don’t expect him back until early March as it takes that long to get back up to his level of fitness and we only have the dreadful loft who has only scored one goal and really is awful and Wilson to score😂goals

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

Sadly we are highly recommend and likely to loose this ONE yet again....

That being the case we are DOWN IMO....

I PIN my hopes on the 💩HITE in south Stoke doing the SAME ....

If we go down I’d rather they stayed up especially if Crewe go up. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Loft would not be on the pitch, although I thought Massey played ok, I’d rather Sang start. Start with Mighten up front with Chislett behind him. Lowe has been crap all season in midfield so I’d have played either Weir or Walters in that position.

Lowe is just shyte full stop even in defence

12 hours ago, ginginator said:

Well that team will lose 6 nil, just by 1/2 time, agree with the "senior" players, I say we should get "Dicko" in,  if he has a change of heart by Tuesday. All who go on the fun (not much fun atm) bus can play, as long as they have the required 3-4 pints . Oh they must remember to eat well, so 64 oz mixed grill before kick off or veg option.

I actually don't think it will .

Reading are just as bad as us .

We won't win if we go with a defensive formation .

You could play 7 at the back but if you ain't prepared take a shot in the face, or throw yourself at the ball or read the game and go with a runner then the opposition will continue to score .

It's basic defending we cannot do that with the 3 selected yesterday 3 goals conceded lots of free headers for Cheltenham expecially in Smiths area how we didn't concede more was a major miracle .

If he gets selected again this season the club ain't bothered about going down .

He's consistently been terrible 

5 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Walters has shown a lot more than Lowe in midfield, I think Mighten would do better than Loft up front and punch Chislett further up where Wilson plays as he is consistently our biggest goal threat.

When Garrity is fit I'd argue he's a bigger goal threat than Wilson. I've not seen enough of Mighten yet and I'm not convinced Walters would make much of a difference to Lowe. Either way Moore us working from a small pool of players who none are really a proven massive improvement on what he picked. 

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Ripley

Sang Debrah Lopata Grant

Ojo Weir

Chislett Wilson Mighten

Loft

Garrity, Gore, and Clark slot straight into that team when fit.

Not sure about Weir as a DCM. Like you say, would go with Gore next to Ojo when fit.

What about Walters next to Ojo?

Other than that, looks decent. Got to try a back 4.

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sang is not a defender in my opinion. 

Agree all we doing is what Crosby did playing to many players in positions they are not suited to . Take weir he’s an attacking midfielder not a holding  , sang is a holding midfielder not a right back or wing back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockape99 said:

Agree all we doing is what Crosby did playing to many players in positions they are not suited to . Take weir he’s an attacking midfielder not a holding  , sang is a holding midfielder not a right back or wing back 

Lowe at RB?

What we'd give for Gibbo! And, dare I say it, Benning at LB.

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sang is not a defender in my opinion. 

Agreed, not his fault he is asked to do it, I remember when Porter had to play there, took us a while to work out what he was best at.

From my memory, AP could tackle and score the odd goal. It is Sunday and just to cheer all up.