onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, Alfie1962 said:

He was age group coach and not well liked and I don't think he needed to be headhunted to be honest. If that's what you know or think, that's fine.

You just come across a bit bitter about no longer being involved with the academy when you don't substantiate your criticisms with an explanation. That isn't a criticism, just how it looks objectively from the outside. I'm only going off publicly available information which was we recruited him directly from Crewe, so why you described him as "failed" I wasn't sure. 

Well, another game with absolutely no positives whatsoever.

If anyone can see where the 7 wins are coming from that will keep us in the league they’re a better person than me. 

It sounds defeatist, but I can’t see how we’ll possibly survive. We could have Pep Guardiola in charge but he’d still struggle with that squad. No pattern of play, no skill, no guile, no energy, no commitment…. zilch. Totally depressing stuff.

I never want to see Ryan Loft in a Vale shirt again, he is up there with the worst players I’ve seen play for us over the last 40 years. 

We are doomed and will once again be ploughing away at the likes of Newport, Crawley and Colchester. Championship ready….?

This has been so predictable. Anyone with half an eyeball could see that we were desperate for strikers, a LWB and were heavily reliant on two very talented loan players in midfield. And one transfer window later….no strikers, no LWB and no talented loan players (Weir isn’t a patch on Ollie unfortunately)

Genius. But after all this is Vale, who somehow seem to thrive on having disastrous January windows. 

If I were Carol, I’d be thinking more about getting up ‘League 2 ready’ i.e. making sure we have an experienced coach with a track record of L2 promotions on his CV. Anyone spring to mind? Well aside from the obvious, another candidate may be visiting (and no doubt walking off with 3 points) very shortly. 

Ripley. League one quality for sure. 

Sang. Not sure what he is. Lost sheep.

Debrah. Non league gamble. Overhyped.

Pole. Not our problem. 

Shorrock. Potential. Too young for relegation battle. Detrimental to him.

Lowe. League 2 filler in journeyman. 

Weir. Anonymous loanee.

Chizzy. Bright spark at times.

Ojo. Carrying responsibility as captain. Regularly injured.

Wilson. Atrocious despite gobbing off how unacceptable Fleetwood was.

Loft. Hideous. 

That's my Breadwinner summary.

Ripley 8. Chiz 6.5. Ojo 6. Rest 4 or below. 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Ripley. League one quality for sure. 

Sang. Not sure what he is. Lost sheep.

Debrah. Non league gamble. Overhyped.

Pole. Not our problem. 

Shorrock. Potential. Too young for relegation battle. Detrimental to him.

Lowe. League 2 filler in journeyman. 

Weir. Anonymous loanee.

Chizzy. Bright spark at times.

Ojo. Carrying responsibility as captain. Regularly injured.

Wilson. Atrocious despite gobbing oft how unacceptable Fleetwood was.

Loft. Hideous. 

That's my Breadwinner summary.

Ripley 8. Chiz 6.5. Ojo 6. Rest 4 or below. 

Simply not good enough mate 

6 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

We're doomed. Whole club is flat as a pancake. The bad times are back, the mini revival over the past few years didn't last long. Another average side playing us off the park on our own patch.

Criminal what's happened. Such a waste. The buzz around the club was brilliant. It's gone, it's all gone. Really sad night tonight as a Vale fan. I stopped until the last man left the pitch, almost in disbelief at the capitulation of the club. We're unrecognisable. 

I'm absolutely gutted.

This is spot on. 

There's absolutely no fight, no passion, no nothing from anybody from the top to the bottom. At the end of the day it ends with Carol. 

Community club of the year, Wembley, record shirt sales, Robbie concert.. It all seems a very long time ago now. It's a very depressing time to be a Vale fan. 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

The sad thing is carol seems to have accepted this and is allowing it to happen. 

To be honest, I'm not sure she will know what to do. She accepted her own limitations early on and (mistakenly) appointed someone with experience in football to guide the club. She has been monumentally let down. To compound this, I think she completely underestimated the cost of running a League 1 club and imho seems to have run out of cash. Well, the lessons will be hard to learn for someone who has put her heart and soul into making the club successful.

After tonight, it seems odds on that we will be relegated and that will be a bitter pill to swallow.

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

He talks some crap.  The guy after him was spot on.

He definitely doesn’t. Made some blatant points that we all know already to be fair but he speaks a lot of sense. Always has for me mate 

14 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

We're doomed. Whole club is flat as a pancake. The bad times are back, the mini revival over the past few years didn't last long. Another average side playing us off the park on our own patch.

Criminal what's happened. Such a waste. The buzz around the club was brilliant. It's gone, it's all gone. Really sad night tonight as a Vale fan. I stopped until the last man left the pitch, almost in disbelief at the capitulation of the club. We're unrecognisable. 

I'm absolutely gutted.

Great post. It’s actually really sad what’s happened or happening.

I genuinely thought two years ago that we could potentially be pushing to the Championship within five seasons or so. 

During the promotion season and even last season it felt more fashionable to go and watch the Vale. More of my mates started to take an interest and I saw more faces that don’t usually go. It feels like we’ve lost all of that over a 10 month or so period.

We genuinely could have had a feel good factor around this club for years and built on it. Other clubs have done it. 

We’re now facing relegation back to where it all started (only two seasons ago) and have just had less than 4,000 home fans. 

Archived