onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie new Club President

andy jones

11 minutes ago, Bede said:

The unveiling of his becoming president was done on Thursday night.  As far as I'm aware, the event hosted club staff and their families, along with a few main club sponsors.

So all fans not invited then not just the average fan on the terraces 

Advert

14 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

So all fans not invited then not just the average fan on the terraces 

I genuinely don’t know. I wasn’t there. A Supporters’ Club representative was invited to represent supporters since the club are trying to rebuild bridges I guess, but beyond that I don’t think it was open to any fans. 

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I’ll ask again see as Joe won’t answer me 

When and where was this nice little event for the corporate side?? 

The only thing I’ve seen was the tweet earlier which was before Saturdays game where they did some ribbon cutting thing to open ‘robbie’s’.

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

So no corporate event then liked being said on here 

Few comments on here regarding special fans getting special treatment and they didn’t even know if there was a event 

Maybe I came across wrong in my post. I don’t have a problem with them doing this with the hospitality fans. They pay the money and quite frankly I’m not particularly arsed about going myself. The thing that irks me is that we are up <ovf censored> creek and they’re posting crap like this all day. And they treat the rest of the fans like mugs.

7 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Maybe I came across wrong in my post. I don’t have a problem with them doing this with the hospitality fans. They pay the money and quite frankly I’m not particularly arsed about going myself. The thing that irks me is that we are up <ovf censored> creek and they’re posting crap like this all day. And they treat the rest of the fans like mugs.

I’m the same I’m not botheread about going myself I’m not convinced it actually means anything anyway 

After Saturday I agree we could end up in a right scrap at the bottom of the table 

Im not sure about treating us like mugs though I just don’t get that at all 

30 minutes ago, Bede said:

I genuinely don’t know. I wasn’t there. A Supporters’ Club representative was invited to represent supporters since the club are trying to rebuild bridges I guess, but beyond that I don’t think it was open to any fans. 

Bede, what has happened to the club and supporters club.?

2 hours ago, Powerline said:

The club is coming across very out of touch imo with all the coverage of this. Don’t have a problem with the appointment in itself but the timing is truly abysmal. It really naffs me off. All the common muck like me travelling round the country, paying a fortune to watch us play <ovf censored> football. We are plummeting down the league and relegation is looking more and more likely. The club doesn’t really seem like it gives a <ovf censored>. But it’s ok, the people in the posh hospitality seats get a nice little event with Robbie. Do me a favour.

How are they out of touch on this one?  I can’t see it as anything other than a good news story myself and the timing’s irrelevant.  RW coming in as President won’t have a negative effect on the playing side, in fact it’s far more likely to have a positive effect if it leads to some investment.  It’s a harmless ambassadorial role, he’s not going to pick himself to play.  The common as muck will still follow the team up and down the country with or without Robbie.

47 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I’m the same I’m not botheread about going myself I’m not convinced it actually means anything anyway 

After Saturday I agree we could end up in a right scrap at the bottom of the table 

Im not sure about treating us like mugs though I just don’t get that at all 

Because they haven’t addressed the utter dross we’ve been subjected to for the past few months.

23 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

How are they out of touch on this one?  I can’t see it as anything other than a good news story myself and the timing’s irrelevant.  RW coming in as President won’t have a negative effect on the playing side, in fact it’s far more likely to have a positive effect if it leads to some investment.  It’s a harmless ambassadorial role, he’s not going to pick himself to play.  The common as muck will still follow the team up and down the country with or without Robbie.

Disagree about timing. Not saying it will affect the playing side. Just saying it doesn’t create the best impression to fans. We are hurtling towards relegation. I’m pretty peed off with the clubs lack of action to arrest this decline, as I know are a number of fans. So it’s quite annoying after a dreadful loss and performance (like we’ve seen a lot recently) to watch this all over twitter like everything’s going well.

10 hours ago, Powerline said:

Disagree about timing. Not saying it will affect the playing side. Just saying it doesn’t create the best impression to fans. We are hurtling towards relegation. I’m pretty peed off with the clubs lack of action to arrest this decline, as I know are a number of fans. So it’s quite annoying after a dreadful loss and performance (like we’ve seen a lot recently) to watch this all over twitter like everything’s going well.

I wholeheartedly agree and I see it as more of a publicity stunt as he lives in California and we need a more pragmatic approach and  more investment like giving Donaldson a share in tge club and having seen every match this season both home and away I am a little worried; loan players will not resolve the current problems as our attack play is nonexistent and with Garrity  and Ikpaezo and this awful tippy tappy football we are in desperate need of a slice of luck with really tough matches to come; Stevenage at home, Peterborough and Derby away in March and then Bolton away, it doesn’t look promising and clearly, and I don’t know, we have no money and in my view this manager hasn’t got a clue what to do and his tactics prove that; waiting until his contract ends at the end of the season won’t change where we are going and financial worries await

10 hours ago, Powerline said:

I think a lot of people will see Robbies interest in the club, and our lowly position, and wonder just what is going on?

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I wholeheartedly agree and I see it as more of a publicity stunt as he lives in California and we need a more pragmatic approach and  more investment like giving Donaldson a share in tge club and having seen every match this season both home and away I am a little worried; loan players will not resolve the current problems as our attack play is nonexistent and witgarrety and Ikpaezo and this awful tippy tappy football we are in desperate need of a slice of luck with really tough matches to come; Stevenage at home, Peterborough and Derby away in March and then Bolton away, it doesn’t look promising and clearly, and I don’t know, we have no money and in my view this manager hasn’t got a clue what to do and his tactics prove that; waiting until his contract ends at the end of the season won’t change where we are going and financial worries await

Its been said plenty of times Donaldson doesn't want to buy the club, in whole or in part. He's willing to invest/loan money but not buy it.

Archived