onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie new Club President

andy jones

Advert

28 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Interesting, I would image there is some element of truth in it be it a bid not logged yet or even just a consortium is trying to get Robbie on board.

Either way can't be often we are front page headline of a major UK newspaper!

That said IF true some key questions for the fans would be:

Who is the consortium/what funds do they have?

Would Carol Sell? or stay on in some capacity?

What the plans would be?

Yeah come on let's give Rbbster a chance 

He could be brilliant for The vale , imo 

33 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Interesting, I would image there is some element of truth in it be it a bid not logged yet or even just a consortium is trying to get Robbie on board.

Either way can't be often we are front page headline of a major UK newspaper!

That said IF true some key questions for the fans would be:

Who is the consortium/what funds do they have?

Would Carol Sell? or stay on in some capacity?

What the plans would be?

Apparently a consortium is involved in some capacity and there have been several conversations between the club & Robster

Let's see what happens and give it a chance  it sounds really  promising to me 👍

And I reckon Carol could stay on maybe as chairwoman , Go on Vale 

22 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Potentially but are they alone or backed by a consortium? They also seem to have other famous actors there regularly and the sponsorship deals they have are quite large (United Airlines!). Add this in to the Netflix documentary which I am sure someone mentioned is like 250k an episode and it adds up.

That said another example is Salford and they are really struggling all of a sudden so seem to have hit their ceiling.

Yes, I don't mean to be dismissive. It can be made to work with a huge amount of effort. But the vast majority of time the bike pump can only blow a club up for a limited amount of time. The latest example is Forest Green. 

In Wrexham's case the non-football paraphernalia will always have to support the club because their support maxes out at about 10k. 

Just now, valefan16 said:

Doesn't really say anything, the press haven't said Robbie has made a bid as yet so just states no conversations have been held.

Yes but with robbie being in close contact with carol over the last couple of weeks i dont think it would he dismissed if there was any truth behind it.

8 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Yes but with robbie being in close contact with carol over the last couple of weeks i dont think it would he dismissed if there was any truth behind it.

Possibly, the club have to say something today though to address it one way or the other because it does have potential negative fall out, if it isn't true or doesnt happen even if it is then some fans could give flack and it puts more pressure on us in terms of if we get relegated or investment isn't there. 

From the club and Carol's point of view its probably a nightmare to wake up to that today especially when fans are on social media moaning at her to source investment (magically it seems).

My thoughts on growing the club. Financial fair play rules severly limit this. If Carol wanted to involve outside investment it would be with business partners she already works with and trusts. Involving other partners would most likely be about reducing own financial exposure and securing the financial security of the club beyond Carol's ownership lifespan

It is likely that one day RW will take over, maybe in a few years' time. It
appears that his involvement is increasing. Completing the Lorne St stand earlier than current plans would improve income, drainage of training pitches would reduce injuries. Investing in playing staff may depend on Fair Play rules, but it would be most welcome. How is it all done? Maybe by loans converted into shares one day? Obviously, it will depend on the working relationship with the current owners. But these things take time.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived