onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Am I going nuts in thinking the videos show it was a penalty?

And, at the very worst, it's an incredibly tight call and the ref had a split-second to make it in, and it's virtually impossible to categorically say the ref got it wrong?

And to add to that, the Chislett tackle was a completely fair tackle?

I think it being late on has magnified the emotional response. All getting a bit silly now. You're grown men.

I agree on the tackle but if you look closely at the penalty, their lad jumps in the air towards Grant and initiates the contact. No pen for me but it was given and that’s it. We have to move on and put in a performance next week. I actually thought the back three plus the keeper had good games and Pompey had run out of ideas before Mr. Hicks intervention.

Advert

“Hold out lads, just get ‘em back to our place lads and we’ll beat ‘em”

Aaaarrrgghhh every time it’s two points lost before we even begin because Crosby has us in “plucky underdog away in the FA Cup” mode at home to teams about 15 spots above us in the same league. The more I think about the more it infuriates me

The tackle is hard but fair on Chislett, could have been given but either way it’s not controversial. The penalty, clumsy but minimal contact, it gives their man a chance to make the most of it which he gladly accepted. No doubt he was looking for it and going nowhere, but better defending would have taken that chance away.

1 hour ago, Santa said:

I don’t think the new advertising hoardings we’ve had help much. You can just walk straight on if you want. 

Encroaching onto the pitch has never been easier.

One blokes done it multiple times this season in a number 9 shirt I full view of everyone and nothings been done

Wilson touched the ball maybe 5 times. Without Garrity we rely solely on Chislett picking the ball up in his own half, dribbling to the feet of Wilson. We regularly have 3 players in the opposition half when we have the ball and we’re attacking; that’s ok for Liverpool, who have got support in seconds on all sides sprinting up the pitch, but not much good when we then have to wait for anyone to get close. 

We can’t suddenly start playing 4312 now because that’s not the system we have promised the prem academy directors. They don’t give a hoot if we go down as long as their little darlings get an experience of the real world. I really like Sang, I think he’s improved so much and is generally solid and reliable. He needs to start alongside Gore and push Weir further on alongside Chislett. Bring Wilson on with 30 to go, for a new striker that we have made a calculated financial risk to get. Otherwise we’re going down. Though surely Williams will sure the defence up and we can finally confine Smith back to the bench.

8 hours ago, andy jones said:

Exeter and Shrewsbury are capable of scoring goals. 

I feel that we are so embedded into providing a formation and home for promising, young, players from Prem clubs that we have forgotten the object of the game is to win !!

I also think we are way, way overestimating the quality of these Prem loans. 

More have been totally duff like Balmer than roaring successes. We have had two successes in Blaster and Devine, but even Devine wasn’t consistently brilliant. Given their lack of experience, their ability to succeed is down to luck and Hope than any genius from Flitcroft. 

Many of these guys have been playing in u23 paint pot games and we have all seen how easy our first team have found those in the past. 

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

I also think we are way, way overestimating the quality of these Prem loans. 

More have been totally duff like Balmer than roaring successes. We have had two successes in Blaster and Devine, but even Devine wasn’t consistently brilliant. Given their lack of experience, their ability to succeed is down to luck and Hope than any genius from Flitcroft. 

Many of these guys have been playing in u23 paint pot games and we have all seen how easy our first team have found those in the past. 

One Arblaster isn’t enough to define the entire direction of our club.

15 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I’m not in anyway condoning what that idiot did running on the pitch but when the ref makes that sort of mistake it affects the wages of those lads on the pitch and they have families who depend on them as well.

I said at half time they would get a penalty at that end. How did I know?

It was a penalty, get over yourself

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

Though surely Williams will sure the defence up and we can finally confine Smith back to the bench.

I don’t know if Williams even trained this week. One day he was just stood there watching the rest of the group. Could be wrong but he seems a long way off. 

13 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

What an absolutely pathetic statement

To be fair if more of us had ran on, maybe the match would have been postponed and Pompey would have to come back on a Tuesday. 

If Reading are morally justified to invade a pitch due to a crap owner who put in £200m but no longer wants to, surely Vale fans can due to a crap ref? 

I think Bing  watches a completely different game to everyone else ! After 15 minutes it was obvious we were never going to win a ball in the air! In fact we never won a 50 50 header on the entire pitch. The midfield was totally overran there was no point in having any forwards ! So why bring on Loft for Uche should have been Sang. Crazy 

Archived