onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

Advert

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

DF has made it plain we are not signing any perms.

As for the three games in hand IF we win them we'll be upper mid-table. We CAN beat Fleetwood, Wycombe and Reading.

DF and Co need to sit down tonight and find some buttons that have fallen between the seat cushions and buy a striker or bring a striker in (Loan) now Uche is out of action for a couple of months.

After todays performance, I can't see us winning those 2 games now we are a striker short and by the way we are only 3 points ahead of Reading and they have had points deducted so we would be actually sitting in the relegation zone if they hadn't.

We are now in 20th position and 3 points above the relegation zone.  That is the worry now and this transfer window is going to be the same as previous Jan ones.

Hugely disappointing performance and result. Yes, the ref and linesman should never officiate another game after those abysmal decisions but we have to look at ourselves too. How Crosby can have us standing off the opposition is totally beyond me, it's not like we have a rock solid defence to rely upon if we do do that. Willo and big Uche were shadows of how they played against Charlton, possibly because with how the Vale were sent out to play, ie totally negatively, they had absolutely no service whatsoever. Chisie did have a good game but he was probably the only exception in what was a very poor performance. If we are not very very careful we are in danger of creating a self fulfilling prophecy of no ambition football which will end up in relegation. Come on Crosby, if we are going down at least let us go down swinging. 

Absoutely embarrased by that today, it was like a league 2 team playing a premier league side, it was so one sided, forget the referee, it was men against boys and we got exactly what we deserved. I keep hearing we got all these games and no need to panic well 3 points above the drop zone, I am starting to worry.  We looked awful today, they might be top of the league but they are on a very poor run dropping many points recently against bottom half teams.  This looks like the season under Bruno to me when we gambled on signing unproven foreign players, we are now signing unproven inexperienced kids, yes they might have more talent but this is a massive week and we need some proven players signed or I fear the worst.

Lastly, I can't believe some of our crowd, a joke they are, applauding the guy who went on the pitch and then singing about the ref running away, father's with their kids doing this, that ref whilst being poor has no idea if he has a knife or not, people forget the consequences what one punch can do.

40 minutes ago, Vtid said:

we got exactly what we deserved today that was bloody awful Vale. Without readings point deduction we would be in the relegation zone now. With a front line of Wilson, Loft & dipepa now Uche is out & a back line of Lowe & Grant it's very worrying. Not sure what people are on about regarding the penalty it was clear as day. Such a sloppy challenge 

Chislett was fouled beforehand. They won the ball unfairly and got the pen as a result. I need to see it again. But there was unanimity Chislett was fouled around me in the Lorne Street stand. 

Just seen some extended footage on Sky showing a blatant foul by Pompey, which was not given, in the run up to Grant's attempted tackle. When the penalty is given the Vale players surround the ref pointing to the foul he didn't give. Sky say "And watch what happens next" as they then show footage of the fan invading the pitch and heading straight for the ref who runs away and shelters with the Pompey bench. 

The League will hammer us for what looks clearly like an attempt to attack the ref. I seem to recall a Championship game a few seasons ago where Jack Grealish was punched by a fan on the pitch against Birmingham, resulting in a £40,000 fine. The club's defence was rejected and they were warned about their future conduct and failure to control their fans.

This is the last thing we need - the unwanted icing on the cake after today's shoddy performance.

Don't think I've been as embarrassed to be a Port Vale fan for a long time.

I'll start off by saying I think the ref was poor. He made some poor decisions. I thought the penalty decision was wrong and booed him afterwards. Having seen the clip back, it's never a foul on Chislett (just a strong tackle), and the penalty is hard to call. Kamara takes a touch around our player and he probably gets a nick on it before clattering the player. It's very clumsy. Probably not a penalty. Boo away, that's fine.

Despite this, I was absolutely disgusted that Vale fans were actively celebrating someone chasing him down in an apparent attempt to assault him. What would have happened if the ref didn't spot him, or didn't run away? Would you all be clapping like seals and guffawing if a man was assaulted for making a mistake at work? 

It's gone huge on social media. There's a big fine coming - money probably straight out of the striker budget the same cheering morons are clamouring to be spent. The individual himself was bad enough, but to hear/see Vale fans get more behind that than they did their team for the previous 90 minutes genuinely shocked me. Some lads were delighted. I've read a supporter on Twitter call the ref 'vermin'

The discourse around refs is getting out of hand. It isn't long till a ref actually gets assaulted for getting stuff wrong. We moan about the 'standard' of the referees (compared to where/when, I've always thought), but how on earth is going to improve if young refs are seeing this sort of event? I jacked in reffing after Gareth Owen was aggressive with me at Stoke academy - this is another level.

I don't like criticising fans, but I can't help it today. The ref probably made a mistake, but he's probably someone's Dad, brother, son, and mate. I'd hate to think one of my family had to run from possible assault because they made a mistake at work. To be so enraged because your football team has lost a game of football, justifiably or not (and we were cack today), speaks volumes about the unhealthy relationship some folk have with the fortunes of their football team.

Fundamentally, we weren't great today and if were are going to rely on the vicissitudes of lower league refs in order to get points, then we're going to struggle. Their keeper did nowt. We don't have any serviceable forwards. We're very close to the relegation zone and need points quickly.

I didn't think about how the loanees mid-season are expected to adapt immediately, whilst Blaster had a pre-season. Gore looked like a player shoved into a game against top of the table with little prep. It's a gamble to expect them to contribute immediately. Is this the plan? Hoping five U21s adapt immediately from reserve football to the blood and thunder of League 1? Risky.

Really disappointed. I'd hoped we were better than that. Let's hope none of us make a mistake at work in the week.

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just seen some extended footage on Sky showing a blatant foul by Pompey, which was not given, in the run up to Grant's attempted tackle. When the penalty is given the Vale players surround the ref pointing to the foul he didn't give. Sky say "And watch what happens next" as they then show footage of the fan invading the pitch and heading straight for the ref who runs away and shelters with the Pompey bench. 

The League will hammer us for what looks clearly like an attempt to attack the ref. I seem to recall a Championship game a few seasons ago where Jack Grealish was punched by a fan on the pitch against Birmingham, resulting in a £40,000 fine. The club's defence was rejected and they were warned about their future conduct and failure to control their fans.

This is the last thing we need - the unwanted icing on the cake after today's shoddy performance.

The stewards did there job well. Can't stop a nut job running on the pitch. They protected the ref and took him away. His face full of rage. 

Archived