onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

23 minutes ago, Tim vlf said:

i went anfield when we took loads  outsung the scousers vanders goal brill !! they said we made the most noise they had heard !! we were superb ! they hardly opened their gobs

The only time I remember hearing anything from the Kop was when we sang YNWA. They don't like it.

We'll be lucky to get to 40 points the way this is panning out. Interesting to see how the club will pitch season ticket prices. I'm getting to the stage where I really can't be bothered to turn up after having a season ticket since the mid 70's. Zero entertainment which I could cope with if we were winning, 2 hours of disappointment every other week, no thanks, that's me done after this season

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

Actually starting to hope Stoke stay up because throw Stockport Wrexham and Crewe into league 1 next season and we can watch it all unfold from the duffers league 2.

I said after Wycombe away we were nailed on to go down when we were 12/1 with the bookies and even the morning of the Fleetwood game the other week were 7/1. Some people will have robbed them blind at those prices.  We are now odds on!

3 wins from 27 games and we have to win probably 6 is promotion form.

Unless we win both the next 2 games we can start budgeting for next season.

It's March next week and we haven't won a game this year !!

• Like 3

Looks like reading have pulled away from the drop zone

Two places left in the fight (Fleetwood and Carlisle already gone for me) and how many clubs are at serious risk of going down? 3?4? 

I think we have to win the three team group of us, Shrewsbury and Charlton - tough ask! 

Edited by Emile
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Genuinely wish I could be as optimistic as others, but if we've won 3 in the last 27 (11%), and 11 games in 53 since the start of 2023 (20%), then how on Earth are we supposed to win 5 games in the last 13 (38%)?!

Don’t think any of us are optimistic 

Were just praying somehow DM can save us starting with 6 points by next Tuesday evening 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Don’t think any of us are optimistic 

Were just praying somehow DM can save us starting with 6 points by next Tuesday evening 

Haven't we been saying this for months? "Next game" "Next game".

Majority of these players don't care. I hope I never see Grant or Massey in a Vale shirt ever again.

• Ripley
  • Smith (squad player)
  • Chislett
  • Garrity
  • Plant

The rest can f-off.

• Like 1

4 tiers (tears) of problems (football related only) that will relegate us, all of which compound the next.

1. Insufficient budget to compete in League 1

+

2. DoF who has recruited poorly with insufficient budget

+

3. Inexperienced manager (AC) who didn't have the required skill set to get much out of the poorly recruited players.

+

4. A squad where majority are not good enough or can't be bothered now we are in a dog fight.

= League 2 relegation

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Haven't we been saying this for months? "Next game" "Next game".

Majority of these players don't care. I hope I never see Grant or Massey in a Vale shirt ever again.

• Ripley
  • Smith (squad player)
  • Chislett
  • Garrity
  • Plant

The rest can f-off.

Next game is the only hope we got 

We need 19pts to ensure safety

Write off these games; Derby, Bolton, Leyton Orient

Very winnable games = Fleetwood, Exeter, Shrewsbury, Cambridge = 12 pts

That leaves Wigan (A), Oxford (H), Burton (A), Bristol Rovers (H), and Northampton (A) for 8 points.

I still think we can stay up, but its going to be really close and I think we will go into the Cambridge game needing a win to stay up.