onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

Advert

I in all my time as a vale fan I have never felt this level of injustice. Don't know why but just feel it's people like me and my daughter who travelled to this game are the only real losers and no-one seems to care.

I will go to the replay out of principle. I look that old now I won't get searched so off to sports direct for "new balls please".  Sure Reading FC will lay on a free coach from Finsbury Park so I'm not out of pocket. 

EFL hold your heads in shame. The root cause is you allowing owners who are not fit and proper to run Reading FC.

Just to add to my doom we will lose the rearranged game as is it written in the stars.

1 minute ago, Crouch End Valiant said:

I in all my time as a vale fan I have never felt this level of injustice. Don't know why but just feel it's people like me and my daughter who travelled to this game are the only real losers and no-one seems to care.

I will go to the replay out of principle. I look that old now I won't get searched so off to sports direct for "new balls please".  Sure Reading FC will lay on a free coach from Finsbury Park so I'm not out of pocket. 

EFL hold your heads in shame. The root cause is you allowing owners who are not fit and proper to run Reading FC.

Just to add to my doom we will lose the rearranged game as is it written in the stars.

Their tails will be up with this disgraceful decision. I wonder what our "I stand with Reading" virtue-signallers think of this. Presumably the Reading members of the "football family" will stand with Vale and demand a different and fairer decision? 

A question from me to people who went to the fake match and are unhappy with the news, specifically in relation to its impact on the loyal Port Vale supporters - what did you want to happen?

I'm curious as I'm trying to think of a different/better solution.

Thanks and all the best.

Their tails will be up with this disgraceful decision. I wonder what our "I stand with Reading" virtue-signallers think of this. Presumably the Reading members of the "football family" will stand with Vale and demand a different and fairer decision? 

I was thinking that.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

2 minutes ago, Rory said:

A question from me to people who went to the fake match and are unhappy with the news, specifically in relation to its impact on the loyal Port Vale supporters - what did you want to happen?

I'm curious as I'm trying to think of a different/better solution.

Thanks and all the best.

I'll tell you what l didn't want to happen - to expect Vale fans to incur double travel expenses and other costs. That cannot in any sense of the word be fair.

I won't be going to the replay and I'd guess that applies to 80% of our fans from that day.

I'll tell you what l didn't want to happen - to expect Vale fans to incur double travel expenses and other costs. That cannot in any sense of the word be fair.
I won't be going to the replay and I'd guess that applies to 80% of our fans from that day.
As annoying as it is for the loyal Port Vale supporters you can't have expected compensation? That never happens.

40 minutes ago, smithie said:

I'd be very interested to know if and how vigorously we've contested this decision. At the very least any replay should have been at our place. 

How on earth can our players and fans be put to the inconvenience of travelling twice, whilst the club whose fans caused the postponement just get to rock up to their own ground again in front of a much-reduced away support? 

This is a really bad outcome. 

Think I am pretty much on my own on this one and most saying we should be rewarded 3 points but for me the only sensible option is that the match is replayed in full at Reading.  It would open up all sorts of legal challenges if we are the only team to play 24 matches at home or if we had 3 points given and survived by a point or 2.  I maintain that if for example Reading had played Cheltenham and the game was abandoned and Cheltenham had been rewarded 3 points and it meant we went down, everyone on here would be fuming.  I felt more should have been done on the day by police and stewards to remove what at the end was about 40 to 50 people off the pitch but we have to remember as well there were idiots from Vale on the pitch at the end still, took a picture of 6 people who were Vale fans when the game was abandoned, why were these on the pitch.

I don't think it's necessarily the fact that the game is to be replayed, I think this was always going to happen. It's the fact that the parameters of the original game are completely different, thus the integrity of the competition is put into question.

It's also the fact that a precedent has been set whereby fans can postpone a game without consequence. If it happens again, the EFL will have to dole out the same punishment.

Sent from my SM-A137F using onevalefan mobile app

4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I don't think it's necessarily the fact that the game is to be replayed, I think this was always going to happen. It's the fact that the parameters of the original game are completely different, thus the integrity of the competition is put into question.

It's also the fact that a precedent has been set whereby fans can postpone a game without consequence. If it happens again, the EFL will have to dole out the same punishment.

The thing for me is that Reading fans did this in absoute desperation that their club being killed by the owner and the EFL not doing anything about it.  They saw all other protests not resulting in anything being done and felt this was the way for action, we were the unfortunate team to be playing them.  I keep hearing replies about other teams if at the end of the season they are losing, lets get the game called off, it is completely different.  They would be deliberately trying to get the game called off for their advantage, Readng fans were not bothered about the result of this game, if they were losing, winning or drawing they would have got this game called off, they just want their club to survive.  

The thing for me is that Reading fans did this in absoute desperation that their club being killed by the owner and the EFL not doing anything about it.  They saw all other protests not resulting in anything being done and felt this was the way for action, we were the unfortunate team to be playing them.  I keep hearing replies about other teams if at the end of the season they are losing, lets get the game called off, it is completely different.  They would be deliberately trying to get the game called off for their advantage, Readng fans were not bothered about the result of this game, if they were losing, winning or drawing they would have got this game called off, they just want their club to survive.  
I appreciate that, but the context of the game is of no consequence. Stopping a team from getting relegated by getting a game abandoned could equally be seen as 'saving a club'

If another team were to do this, they will get the same punishment as Reading I.e. nothing. It's the precedent.

6 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Think I am pretty much on my own on this one and most saying we should be rewarded 3 points but for me the only sensible option is that the match is replayed in full at Reading.  It would open up all sorts of legal challenges if we are the only team to play 24 matches at home or if we had 3 points given and survived by a point or 2.  I maintain that if for example Reading had played Cheltenham and the game was abandoned and Cheltenham had been rewarded 3 points and it meant we went down, everyone on here would be fuming.  I felt more should have been done on the day by police and stewards to remove what at the end was about 40 to 50 people off the pitch but we have to remember as well there were idiots from Vale on the pitch at the end still, took a picture of 6 people who were Vale fans when the game was abandoned, why were these on the pitch.

The match should NOT be replayed.This is weak,incompetent and inconsiderate from the EFL powers that be.The game was called off by actions of the Reading fans.So Vale now have to replay the game.Travel costs for the club and supporters.It now means Vale have to squeeze in an extra game at a busy time.This gives players less recovery time between games.Gives less time to recover from any injury.There is a chance that more injuries could be picked up during this game - A game that shouldn’t even be being played.

Archived