onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

Advert

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

If you go through some of the posts on here, some are swearing blind that they did not know🤫

I didn’t know. Didn’t go on this thread for at least a few days before the game. 

4 hours ago, mbycars said:

I've probably missed something somewhere, but what is the reasoning in throwing tennis balls onto the pitch. Believe they've done this several times.

Perhaps some lads were thinking it was close to the Wimbledon tennis tournament 

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but those generous Royals fans have added over £4K to the Rudgie statue fund if what’s been posted on Twitter is correct.  Quite simply this is truly outstanding.

Could due to a guilty conscience 🤔😆

23 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

It’s pretty incredible what they’ve done. They genuinely haven’t had to do that.

FWIW the EFL have released a statement on them that Yongge hasn’t supplied the deposit for wages which should surprise nobody. I’m sure he’s shaking in fear of the extra £50k fine too. As for the game itself it seems they have a meeting to discuss it later in the week. Can’t imagine they’d come to any other conclusion than a replay.

I think a fine and points deduction or award The Vale 3 points ,if the EFL do decide on a replay , then reading have been let off the hook in my humble opinion . UTV 

3 hours ago, mbycars said:

I believe it's gone over 5k now 

We, as in fans and club, should be all over this like a rash.  What a golden opportunity to push the fund.  Just after Christmas is never an easy time to find a spare bob or two but we should be making an effort to contribute ourselves while the fund is in the spotlight, even if it’s just the bare minimum.  Who knows, you may even get some neutrals and the odd fan from another club who’ll contribute.  Either way I’ll be chucking some money in this evening.

6 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Aren't they due another points deduction to accompany the £50k fine? 

I think they have stopped deducting reading points now.   The tone of their announcements has changed.  Whereas they previously deducted points,  they are fining the owner now. Wonder if he paid the first fine? Imo, they are backtracking to cover their own backs, as they know they are deeply at fault here.  

My guess ,   a replay and a points deduction,  but suspended, plus a load of BS saying it's unique circumstances 

So next time we are 3 down at half time........     

8 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

I think they have stopped deducting reading points now.   The tone of their announcements has changed.  Whereas they previously deducted points,  they are fining the owner now. Wonder if he paid the first fine? Imo, they are backtracking to cover their own backs, as they know they are deeply at fault here.  

My guess ,   a replay and a points deduction,  but suspended, plus a load of BS saying it's unique circumstances 

So next time we are 3 down at half time........     

Feel for the Reading fans, as we have been there so many times with owners running the club down or just don't have the funds anymore to service bills and we end up selling our better players to make ends meet.  Hopefully they will get a better owner sooner than later, but what league will they end up in or even running anymore.  The Reading fans have tried most things to show their owner they want him gone and this must have been the last straw for them - demonstrate on the pitch and get the game abandoned.  Get national news interested and put pressure on the owners.

The FA are getting into a sticky situation - do not a lot (as they usually do) and other fans could well try to get the game abandoned if their team are loosing and need the points to survive in that league.

FA need to give the opposition the 3 points if games are abandoned due to fans behaviour of running onto the pitch to demonstrate - this may stop the fans thinking - get the game abandoned as we may win the re-scheduled game behind closed doors if it comes to that.  The owner gets the fine and no points deductions either.

This week the FA need to consider everything and hopefully our owners are pushing for the 3 points to be given to the Vale and not be - okay we will play the game again and then we possibly loose due to it being on a Tuesday and the midfield and defence being charitable as we usually see on a tuesday game.

16 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but those generous Royals fans have added over £4K to the Rudgie statue fund if what’s been posted on Twitter is correct.  Quite simply this is truly outstanding.

I agree, very very generous of them. At this rate, they will have paid more for the statue than us Vale fans have! 

The game needs to be replayed to be fair to all teams in league 1.

The owner needs to be heavily fined for not ensuring the fixture is played as scheduled.

Reading should receive a 20 points reduction to virtually guarantee relegation. This hits the owner as it will significantly reduce the value of the club and it sends a clear message to all fans of the consequences of forcing an abandonment.

All in my most humble opinion of course.

Archived