onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

Advert

Reflecting on this, if it took place in any other sport, Vale would get the win. I guarantee if Reading had been 1-0 during those 16 minutes they would not have behaved to get the match off. The facts are we had a goal disallowed and it looked like we were on top at the time. 

The EFL will likely give them a point deduction, which is a joke.

When an NBA owner was recorded making a racist comment, the NBA gave him a lifetime ban from any NBA facility (including the club he owned) and forced him to sell the club.

The EFL allow people with a history of bankrupting clubs to buy a club, then just sit back and let them bankrupt it. The only punishment they do is points deductions!

Imagine you're fantastically wealthy, and fancy being a club owner in the Moldovan Handball Premier League, the most prodigious sports league in the world, where club owners are celebrated business magnates and oil sheiks that you can mingle with at games and do business with and whatever else you want to do. All you have to do is buy a second division Moldovan club, Whittington Town, founded 1892.

You throw money and Whittington Town, but you know <ovf censored> all about handball and things go badly. Whittington are in fact relegated and costing you 1% of your wealth annually to keep going. So <ovf censored> it, you stop funding those losers and wash your hands of the whole affair. But wait! The MFL will punish you! They're going to.... deduct points from Whittington Town! Absolute joke.

7 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Strangely enough even though there were only 16minutes maximum to choose from, the EFL Programme last night on TV couldn't find any highlights to show, it would have been nice to at least see the disallowed goal and perhaps their penalty appeal.

Never a penalty, far too close. Like to see the disallowed goal again as couldn’t tell from where I was. 

6 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Just wonder what the league table would look like if the EFL kick Reading out of the league and null results of all their games already played. 

Considering we beat them 1-0 earlier in the season they I'd assume we'd go down a few places.

7 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Considering we beat them 1-0 earlier in the season they I'd assume we'd go down a few places.

11 other teams have beaten them plus 5 have drawn with them so lots of teams will lose points.

15 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Just wonder what the league table would look like if the EFL kick Reading out of the league and null results of all their games already played. 

I would imagine if Reading were kicked out of the league, one less team would be relegated this season.

9 minutes ago, Wrex said:

The EFL will likely give them a point deduction, which is a joke.

When an NBA owner was recorded making a racist comment, the NBA gave him a lifetime ban from any NBA facility (including the club he owned) and forced him to sell the club.

The EFL allow people with a history of bankrupting clubs to buy a club, then just sit back and let them bankrupt it. The only punishment they do is points deductions!

Imagine you're fantastically wealthy, and fancy being a club owner in the Moldovan Handball Premier League, the most prodigious sports league in the world, where club owners are celebrated business magnates and oil sheiks that you can mingle with at games and do business with and whatever else you want to do. All you have to do is buy a second division Moldovan club, Whittington Town, founded 1892.

You throw money and Whittington Town, but you know <ovf censored> all about handball and things go badly. Whittington are in fact relegated and costing you 1% of your wealth annually to keep going. So <ovf censored> it, you stop funding those losers and wash your hands of the whole affair. But wait! The MFL will punish you! They're going to.... deduct points from Whittington Town! Absolute joke.

But you can't have a situation where, if your teams losing, all you need is enough fans to get on the pitch and you can go again with a clean slate next Tuesday.

Imagine how many protests you'd see in April for the 6 pointers.

30 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Very very poor take this.

Do you not remember what it was like under Smurthwaite? We nearly went the same way as Bury/Macc.

That is what Reading are being faced with.

Yep, been there and seen that. I still know this fabled fan solidarity achieves very little. 

The majority of those on the pitch yesterday were there for the fun of it. 

3 minutes ago, steauavaliant said:
13 hours ago, bobbymanc said:
Not on the pitch. That's a criminal offence.

This Govt has also taken away the right to protest peacefully. In the street or anywhere else.

No they haven’t.

30 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Strangely enough even though there were only 16minutes maximum to choose from, the EFL Programme last night on TV couldn't find any highlights to show, it would have been nice to at least see the disallowed goal and perhaps their penalty appeal.

I agree, though I wouldn’t have been surprised if ITV hadn’t shown those incidents even if we’d played the full 90 and those were the only events of note - their coverage of the EFL has been pretty woeful since taking it on from Quest.

4 hours ago, ValeGez said:

There were plenty of police and stewards there , they did nothing , it could have spilled over into something a lot worse .
Anyone who thinks over 800 of us genuinely bought tickets, arranged transport and spent a day out knowing this was going to happen is deluded and as usual weren’t there but know all about everything !
The situation was a shambles no one took charge , pathetic announcements , it took Andy Crosby to come out and let us know the game had been abandoned , it was obvious that this call had been made way before but not announced as he was ready to leave .

Coming out of the ground most genuine Reading fans were apologetic and pretty much embarrassed and they have my sympathy, the rest were just the usual young idiots  there for what they thought was a good laugh , they couldn’t care less and probably had no idea what it was about !
Unfortunately for them their actions probably mean it’s going to get a lot worse before there’s any chance it gets any better .

The EFL have a lot to answer for but no doubt won’t and any decisions on this will be made by some clueless ‘officials ‘ referring to some pointless ‘rule book’ - what a sad state of affairs for genuine football fans 

UTV 

Pretty much sums up my own take on events, although I would suggest a very large number of our fans, myself included, would’ve known of the planned protest but took the view that the game was unlikely to be abandoned.  Fair play to those Royals fans who stuck to their principles.

Archived